Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Https - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Https (834 Views)

Can't Log In To Wordpress Dashboard After Mistakenly Changed Url To HTTPS / Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results / When And How To Deploy HTTPS For Web Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Https by webguru(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2008
i know someone will say y nt google it bt i want one who has implemented https protocol

to give us a layman's lecture
Re: Https by kazey(m): 9:03am On Mar 24, 2008
There is nothing so special about SSL.

All you need to do is

1. Visit a vendor that sells SSL Certificate. Nairahost Nigeria sells SSL Certificates in Naira.
2. Create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) from your hosting panel,
3. Go to the Nairahost Nigeria and Purchase the SSL that best suits your needs. We have RapidSSL, QuickSSL, and Verisign SSL Certificates .
4. Wait for the ssl order activation link from Nairahost Sales Dept.
5. Visit the activation page, and enter the CSR in the form with all the necessary parameters required and follow the instructions that is sent to your email thereafter.
6. This involves coming back to your hosting panel, and just pasting the Certificate you purchased, with the necessary keys.

If you are wondering how do we install on a sub-domain mask, such as https://secure.yourdomain.com, its nothing special. all you need to do is, when you create your CSR (Certificate Signing Request) from your hosting panel, you just create it with the sub-domain mask, that is secure.yourdomain.com, and add a CNAME record to use the sub-domain in your dns record.

Nairahost installs it for their clients for free and you require a dedicated IP to install an SSL Certificate.
Re: Https by smartsoft(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2008
Kazey ! Kazey !!
Re: Https by webguru(m): 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2008
thanks !

u d bomb sad grin
Re: Https by Cactus(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2008
@kazey, what does it take to register

myname.com.ng

what are the requirements/how much
Re: Https by kazey(m): 4:16am On Mar 25, 2008
Registering a .com.ng, .net.ng, .org.ng tld with Nairahost

1. Register for a Free Account at Nairahost

2. Click Add funds from your client area

3. Pay into Nairahost's Account with the invoice that was sent to you

4. Visit and Create a Free handle at NIRA

5. Add your domain name at NIRA once the login details has been sent to you

6. Specify or Change your Admin Contact/ handle to EO11-NIRA

7. Visit Nigerian Domain Support Desk and Enter your details.

8. It takes approximately 5 working days to get a .com.ng active

Nairahost charges 500 Naira, its an administration fee, as .com.ng is Free from NIRA
Re: Https by Cactus(m): 4:23am On Mar 25, 2008
My reason was because I read on some websites you have to be in nigeria to host a .com.ng

well i guess that is great, just confirm the need to physically be in nigeria requirement

1 domain total fee = 500naira about 5, 6, 7, or $8
Re: Https by kazey(m): 4:24am On Mar 25, 2008
Yes you have to be because, NIRA calls to verify. Except you have a friend in Nigeria that would be willing to receive the call on your behalf.
Re: Https by Cactus(m): 4:33am On Mar 25, 2008
only telephone number required?
Re: Https by kazey(m): 5:10am On Mar 25, 2008
Nope, with address, all i mean is, even if you use a Nigerian address, they wont approve it without a phone call.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Capable / Joomla Tutorial Video _ Free Delivery Within Lagos / Hot Dynamic Dreamweaver Extensions For Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.