Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (646 Views)

*** Procedure To Selling Property When the Owner Documents Are Missing / Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja / In Need Of Property! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by brownlolly(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
?

Thanks.
Re: . by topsy1971: 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
To the best of my knowledge, the house can only be sold with mutual consent of all the concerned and identified children. In this case,the children of the three wives and the identified child. There might be litigation if handled otherwise. In short,where there is no will,mutual agreement is necessary.
Re: . by brownlolly(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
topsy1971: To the best of my knowledge, the house can only be sold with mutual consent of all the concerned and identified children. In this case,the children of the three wives and the identified child. There might be litigation if handled otherwise. In short,where there is no will,mutual agreement is necessary.

Ok thanks for your response. But do you think the kids have the right to throw out their step-siblings from the home?
Re: . by omogidi234(m): 6:59am On Mar 10, 2013
@ poster, Topsy1971 is correct. Although, I have been involved in transaction like this and the lawyers on the other side relied on customary law to transfer interest in the land of a deceased (the Supreme Court has in plethora of authorities held that you cannot do so without a will or letter of administration but some lawyers still look for loopholes to support their activities in this area). I will therefore advise that the siblings resident in the property should be vigilant. If the effort to sell persist, they should approach the court.

(1) (Reply)

Your Experience With Caretakers / Brand New 5 Bedrooom Detached Duplex (700sqm) For Sale@ Ikeja PICTURES ATTACHED / Land Banking : The Banking Strategy Of The Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.