Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja (1679 Views)

100% Service Guaranteed To Buy,sell & Rent Of Property ( WITHIN FESTAC TOWN) / See List Of Property Bulletin / In Need Of Property! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by Orikinla(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2007
Igbos Own 73% of Property in Abuja

He said Nigerians, irrespective of ethnic group who built houses on unapproved sites were affected in the exercise, but noted Igbos were robbed because they own 73% of property in Abuja.
~Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, FCT Minister

Are Igbos not greedy?
I know that Igbos would not mind to buy the whole of Nigeria.
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by hbrednic: 11:29pm On May 21, 2007

and whats ur point?
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by DisGuy: 11:40pm On May 21, 2007
Nigerians own 99% of the property in nigeria grin
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by Grouppoint(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2007
Orikinla:

Igbos Own 73% of Property in Abuja

Are Igbos not greedy?
I know that Igbos would not mind to buy the whole of Nigeria.[/b]

Is it sheer ignorance on your part to ask or suggest that igbos are greedy because they own 73% of the land in Abuja. Did they not buy the land with money? Where you asleep when they were purchasing the land. pls wake up before they 'buy the whole of Nigeria' as you ignorantly put.
Instead of you to commend them for being insightful. At least they were not handed 73% of the federal parastatals by the white man in 1960.
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by laudate: 8:44pm On May 22, 2007
Orinkinla, you are an Igbo man so why are you talking like this?
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by obua: 5:27pm On May 23, 2007
L&G,
We  need to be careful the way we read meanings into what peolpe say.
El-Rufai's emphasis was not on Igbos owning 73% of  demoloished properties in Abuja, but all landed properties.
He also talked about the 19 Nothern states owning 60% or so of the goverment  allocated plots.
Lets not cry wolf when there is no wolf
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by DisGuy: 7:53pm On May 23, 2007
obua:

L&G,
We  need to be careful the way we read meanings into what peolpe say.
El-Rufai's emphasis was not on Igbos owning 73% of  demoloished properties in Abuja, but all landed properties.
He also talked about the 19 Nothern states owning 60% or so of the goverment  allocated plots.
Lets not cry wolf when there is no wolf
thank you o

One thing i realise is people in nigeria are not sensitive too this kind of statements. Nairaland nowadays have been turned into some ethnic/tribal/religious war zone. everyone is looking for the little mud flying. every single thread is being turned into something else  undecided

Iwonder what people in nigeria actually said about it or what people at the conference he made this statement read into it, in sure if they were offended they'll make it known all over the media.
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by ell77(f): 12:23pm On May 28, 2007
Please check out my post. I am doing research so that I will soon give mortgage and real estate opportunities to people who want to buy a home in Nigeria, both abroad and in Nigeria. The rates and prices will be clear when I start it. But first I need to research the property market. this is only my preliminary research. I am trying to make a change!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55819.0.html
Re: Igbos Own 73% Of Property In Abuja by TheBizHelp: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2020
When you go to https://HomeApp.ng, you will realize that most of the property on the website is owned by mostly Igbos. I think Igbos should be studied and learned from
Instead of us being jealous and calling them greedy.

(1) (Reply)

Promo At Eden Garden Lekki - 40% Discount While Offer Lasts! / Charity Gospel Ministry Church For Sale / To Rent @ Ikoyi,surulere ,ikeja,aguda,orile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.