Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Asus Details Transformer Aio - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Asus Details Transformer Aio (634 Views)

Asus Core I7, 1tb Hdd+ Ssd, 1gb Nvidea, Blu-ray 8gb Ram / New USA Asus X200MA-RCLT07 11.6" Windows 8.1 Touch Screen Laptops Are Available / Chipset Head-to-head: The New Ipad Battles The Transformer Prime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asus Details Transformer Aio by Onyenna(m): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
Asus details Transformer AiO Windows 8 device with detachable Android tablet display. Device to go on sale in mid-April.

Asus has officially launched its Asus Transformer AiO in the UK, an all-in-one Windows 8 desktop with a display that can be detached and used separately as an Android tablet.

Set to be available to purchase from mid-April, the Transformer AiO was shown at CES back in January, but full specifications and pricing have only just been disclosed.

It is designed to give users the mobile flexibility of a tablet, combined with the performance of a full desktop PC, all in a compact and stylish package, Asus said.

The Transformer AiO comprises a desktop PC Station that houses the internals of a standard PC, while its 18.4in touchscreen can be detached and used as a remote display or as a standalone Android tablet.

The PC Station offers buyers a choice of Intel Core processors with up to 8GB of memory and a 1TB or 2TB Sata hard drive.

It includes a gigabit Ethernet port and 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, plus an Nvidia GT730M GPU to drive the graphics, plus the usual array of ports including USB 3.0 and a 3-in-1 memory card slot.

When used on the desktop, the 18.4in display is used as a touchscreen for Windows 8's gesture inputs, as normal.

However, the screen can be detached and used as a standalone king-size tablet running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, or as a wireless remote display for the PC. A button switches between the two environments.

The tablet has its own Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor with 2GB of memory and 32GB flash storage, which can be expanded via a micro SD slot.

As a tablet, however, it weighs a hefty 2.4kg, but has its own folding stand so you do not have to carry it all the time. Its integrated 38Whr battery pack is rated at just five hours.

Pricing for the Asus Transformer AiO starts at £999 for a Core i3-3220 processor with 4GB memory and a 1TB hard drive, while £1,149 will buy you a Core i5-3350P processor with 6GB and 1TB.

The top model costs £1,299 for a Core i7-3770 with 8GB and 2TB.

Source: http://m.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/2253600/asus-details-transformer-aio-windows-8-device-with-detachable-android-tablet-display

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Burn A Slide Show I Did With Power Point To Dvd / How Can Make Money Online / 3D Printer Now Prints 3D Guns. [PICTURED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.