Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Web Review Needed On This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Review Needed On This Website (665 Views)

Web Review / Web Review (hope You Love This) / Very Colorfully Mixed And Simple (web Review Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Review Needed On This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2013
Hi fellow webmasters,

Normally I don't do this, but I have to. Please I need your review on this website www.valvestockcapital.com
I noticed a bug on a particular browser and I re-uploaded the entire site but the bug still persist.
Please pass kind comments even if you have to criticize.
If you notice any bug, please proffer solutions.

Thank you.

[size=16pt]A[/size]fols[size=16pt]N[/size]etworks
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by sisqology(m): 5:00am On Mar 10, 2013
push the size of the logo up a little bit
The nav text isn't too readable. You will make users strain their eyes a little bit before they can read that.
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by solid3(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2013
I think the site is a nice once, except for what sisqology pointed out.
Also the website has not been optimised for mobile view as I'm viewing on a small screen now.
I will give u 55/100. cool
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
PUT THE LOGO ON A WHITE BG. CHANGE NAVIGATION COLOUR AND GET RID OF THE LINE ABOVE THE NAVIGATION MENU

If possible, get rid of the icons below the sliding banner or put some colour on them.

Stick to one font face

Put light grey border around the images (about us, services... and global reach.

You can also try and put a thick red line below the sliding banner, to give a divider feel.

My opinions though!!!

Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
As a follow up, mehn...do something about the inner pages. Its damn too crowded.
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thanks guys for the review so far, it is highly appreciated.

@adeniyi83 u be lecturer ni, see d way u pointed out d corrections in red on d image. Nice one sha.
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:41am On Mar 11, 2013
1. There is this saying, that when one learns new thing, he will still try to use it at once. That is immaturity.
Having said that, there is no need applying text-shadow to your navigation text links.

2. Your contact form is validating, although it's not professional, it's using window.alert. It should quietly highlight the compulsory fields with red color. Again, when one fills the form, it's not sending. It shows 404 error page.

3. Again, your codes have some mistakes.
You did something like this:

<ul>
<a href=""><li>...</li></a>
</ul>

This is wrong. Although it will work, but it's not the standard.
The anchor link should be the child of list, not the other way round.
The correct way should be:

<ul>
<li><a href="">...</a></li>
</ul>

4. Your images are not sharp enough.
You can take your own pictures or use photoshop or illustrator to design custom ones.
It's not always good downloading images from here and there online.

5. Color scheme. Since red is the dominant color in the website, your headings should have been in red color.

6. Logo. I think it's good to anchor your logo to your index page.
Re: Web Review Needed On This Website by yawatide(f): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
1) Cut the size of your animated header images (in the slideshow) on the home page to what they are for the inner pages. Not only will the reduced file sizes result in reduced bandwidth usage, but you will also bring up the "welcome" portion of your home page to above the fold. The site isn't about those images but the content on the site

2) For the inner page header images, some have a title (like "mission") but others don't. Be consistent

3) Inner page content could look better if marked up semantically (use of header, paragraph and list tags).

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

9 Websites That Can Send You Hundreds Of Free Twitter Followers Daily / I Need To Learn Complete Web Developing. How Much? / Frustration! Developing Opensource Applications In Nigeria!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.