Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help (1484 Views)

Any Body With Ptdf Past Questions On Msc Hse / Pls Advice On Msc Course To Do / Advice On Msc Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help by juwoonn(m): 7:54am On Mar 10, 2013
Nairalanders please i need your advice, I graduated from the Dept of Economics, university of Ilorin with 2:2 and i applied for Msc Econs in 2011. After the school collected 25,000plus on application, they failed to give admission to any Economics student. as they said their was a problem they wanted to rectify in the dept. More than 60 applicants for Economics, and our money was not refunded. i didn't apply last year because i was furious about that, but now that i want to re-apply, I heard that Msc Economics student spend not less than 4years no matter how good they are in Uni-Ilorin. My questions are:
1. Does this not graduating on time of Msc. Economics students happen in all schools?
2. As I did Economics in my first degree, can I change to Msc Business Admin, if so what may be the implication. please I know the difference between Msc and MBA but i dont want MBA.
thanks for your anticipated advice.
Re: Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help by hailbond: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
Basically, MBA is an abbreviation for Masters in Business Administration. However, there's no much difference between MSC and MBA other than,if u want to be a lecturer or be any teaching field, is ideal for you to go for MSC, otherwise, MBA is very alright in alternative.
Re: Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help by juwoonn(m): 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
hailbond: Basically, MBA is an abbreviation for Masters in Business Administration. However, there's no much difference between MSC and MBA other than,if u want to be a lecturer or be any teaching field, is ideal for you to go for MSC, otherwise, MBA is very alright in alternative.
Thanks bro, but what i want to know is if i can do Msc Business Admin with Bsc Economics certificate. I don't want MBA since I still have a dream of doing PHD in the nearest future. Thanks for your contribution. Please I will appreciate more advice
Re: Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help by 735i(m): 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Since you intend to pursue a PHD programme in the future...best bet is for you to stick to your MSc degree...However, i reall do not understand why your would want to do an MSc in Economics. Why not do an MSc in something more specific? Like Finance or Risk Management? These specializations will give you an edge if you decide to go into the corporate world before you pursue your Phd.

My two cents....

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help by juwoonn(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
735 i: Since you intend to pursue a PHD programme in the future...best bet is for you to stick to your MSc degree...However, i reall do not understand why your would want to do an MSc in Economics. Why not do an MSc in something more specific? Like Finance or Risk Management? These specializations will give you an edge if you decide to go into the corporate world before you pursue your Phd.

My two cents....
Thanks bro... i'm really gratefull.
Re: Need Advice On Msc Choice. Pls Help by UjSizzle(f): 1:09am On Mar 11, 2013
I'm with 735 here, try going for something more specific and not broad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“why Should We Hire You?” / In Which Bank Have You Met Nonchalant Staff? / New Managing Director Appointed For Shell Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.