Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria (7905 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by babazz(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
People keep Criticizing what they don't know! What idols are you critics making reference to? I would rather honor the mother of Jesus Christ whom God choose from a multitude of women in that generation and holy men of God who lived and died for the love of Christ, than knee before a man without a calling just deceiving people for self gain! You critics just say rubbish! Are you trying to say that God made a mistake choosing Mary as the mother of Christ? Don't deceive yourselves friends, our God is a perfect God!

Take note, God will not judge you by the church you attend, but by your good works while on earthn but you need a good platform to lead you to salvation. The choice is yours......

GLORY! GLORY!! GLORY TO JESUS!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by esn1(f): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
I'm proud to be a catholic and Marian child. Congratulations. Glory be to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Vincent41(m): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
alpha conde: During the week the catholic faithfuls in lagos and other parts of nigeria rolled out their drums to commemorate the 150th anniversary of catholicism in nigeria. The week before the carmelites also ceelbrated 25 years of stepping foot in nigeria.
So let's drop a word of congratulations for them and recall how catholicism have strengthened our lives as christians.

congrats but make una stop child abuse
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by xynerise: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Glory to Jesus!! Honour to Mary!

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by wazobiaforu(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
IF YOU WANT FIGHTING/ARGUEMENT/REJECTIONS/BLASPHEMY/INSULT/REBUKING/CONDEMNATION EVEN CURSES among CHRISTIANS just open a thread about the good or bad about CATHOLIC or CELESTIAL or JEHOVA WITNESS

Then the BATTLE will begin

I wonder why someone will be advising xtian to marry xtian when they are not one

TOLERANCE IS ALL I KEEP SAYING
LIVE and let others LIVE

I am WA ZO BIA, i respect all faith and all ethnic

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by KDULAR: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
@ Hugemac, your first comment was really uncalled for, Evry human being is going to be judged by what is given to him/her be you Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Presbytarian, Pentecostal, Celestial, Cherubhim and Seraphim, Aladura, Gospel, Muslim , traditional religious practisioners . You may have a new convinction for God's sake this thread is not where you come and say it in such a way to insult other people's believe or sensitivities. Besides what you did like most people on NL do is rude invasion of and distraction of something opened for others to come and be happy and felicitate. Some of us rather than ask questions about what we don't know , understand or comfortable with and understand the other person ( especially religious issues) stand point and learn to avoid or live with it, we go abusing and become ballistic and behave uncultured. And before you know it, we are talking authoritatively as if we exclusively own God.

Tolerance is rarely exhibited my most of us in this generation, sometimes I really see most pf us Christians this days not different from religious fanatics and terrorists except that we are yet to carry arms.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Cheks01(f): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
aggiel: Glory, Glory, Glory to Jesus!
Honor, Honor, Honor 2 mother Mary!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nenye28: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
congrats to all catholic faithfuls, i'm proud to be one. ave maria.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by danniekute(m): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
it is Roman catholic mission not jst catholic church.abi una don change name?
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Valto(m): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
bad belle full here o.. i wonder if we de beg una to join we CATHOLICS ... stay put in ur churches and leave us alone smiley
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Roland17(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
I remain a Proud and happy Catholic in faith...
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by MSEdLAW(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
autchman144:
and u keep honoring ur pastors? U evn go to court and address d judge as "ur lordship" or "my lord", u call ur traditional ruler "ur majesty"......gimme a break

I have painstakingly tried to decipher sensibility. in ur response .. Such an attempt was thoroughly futile.. What has calling a judge ur lordship .. Got to do with an unsubstantiated dogma in ascribing , non-scriptural, non-biblical..titles.. To biblical personalities? Pls elucidate.. #justmypiece

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by joek(m): 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
Please where is it written the Bible that Mary is interceeding for xtians?
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Blueray: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
For all of you having problem with us honouring the Blessed Virgin Mary I ask, did Mary blasphemed when she declared that "all generations shall call me blessed"? The Holy Spirit allowed that to be in the Holy Bible (those who doctored the Holy Book could not reject that either). Now if you are not honouring the Blessed Virgin Mary do you really have a part in her Son who was the Word that became Man for our salvation? And for those of you quarreling us for following the Church's doctrine, have you forgotten the mandate our Lord Jesus Christ gave Peter (the fisrt pope)when He gave him the Keys of the Kingdom. He gave him the power of binding and loosing. Please note here that the binding and loosing is not only in relation to hindering satan and his agents but also in making regulations (doctrine)for the body of Christ. The Lord assure the first pope that whatever regulation he he decide on earth will be accepted in Heaven and whatever regulation(s)he repealed on earth same will be struck off in heaven (remember when the Lord during His teachings will say "it was said to you.... but I say to you....)- authority to make/change doctrine. We continue to pray for our brothers and sisters outside the Catholic Church to come to the knowledge of the thruth about the one Church. Yes, we celebrate 150 years in Nigeria, but do we really need to celebrate if we take the promise of Christ into consideration? He said to Peter that the gates of hell cannot prevail against the Church. And those of you fighting the Catholic Church, are you not representing the gates of hell? Please know the implication of your spiritual stands, it matters because your immortal soul is involve. Glory to Jesus, Honour to our Mother Mary.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by kenjudy(m): 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Long live Catholicism... Haters gon hate! Glory to JESUS and greatest Honor to MARY our blessed mother!!!
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by ijawkid(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
kenjudy: Long live Catholicism... Haters gon hate! Glory to JESUS and greatest Honor to MARY our blessed mother!!!

And where is Yahweh the Father and God of both Jesus and mary in this equation??.....you guys have totally forgotten about Yahweh the source of all life......what rubbish!!!..........

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac:
whats the difference between Glory and honour , stop deceiving yourself.
Did Jesus ask u to glorify Mary or God.
If u honour Mary that means she has done a lot for you. And we all know that is God that does these things through people. Only God sent his only begotten son. All honour goes to God .
Why dont u honour Paul or John the baptist. Stop this idolatry
HUMAN BEINGS NA WA OO
and 2morow u will call ur governor ur excellence and u"ll come back here and tell me honour belongs to God alone. where did ur bible say honour belongs to God alone??
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
MEILYN:
4 ur info. King James is d best Translated Bible.....U Catholics shld be ashamed of ur selfs u blive Apocrypha? Is part of d Bible oh my God nd u even practice nd blive wat is in there....hmmmmmm God pls save us
d very 1st king james bible had d aprocrypal, incase u dont knkw. they later decided to subtract from d word
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Vincent 4:

congrats but make una stop child abuse
thank GOD that one is on a decline
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Ubenedictus(m): 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
joek: Please where is it written the Bible that Mary is interceeding for xtians?
and how does this concern d thread
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Chomzy19(f): 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac:
whats the difference between Glory and honour , stop deceiving yourself.
Did Jesus ask u to glorify Mary or God.
If u honour Mary that means she has done a lot for you. And we all know that is God that does these things through people. Only God sent his only begotten son. All honour goes to God .
Why dont u honour Paul or John the baptist. Stop this idolatry
HUMAN BEINGS NA WA OO
d difference between honour n glory is dt u joked arnd wit ur english classes in schl, because paul n john d baptist did nt give birth to christ. Heck! I honour my earthly mum talk more of my heavenly mother, whom christ appointed as mother of us all, including u dear
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
[quote author=HugeMac]
There is only one way and it is through christ , Dont be deceived , nobody is good enough.
Unless u re Humbled seeing u cant overcome sin by youself and u accept christ that is the only way God's grace will save you from the schackles of sin.
Jesus came to free us from the curse of sin , not to take u to heaven, heaven is just the end result. If the church u attend does not preach about the cross , where we die to our sins . Am sorry to say , gather courage and leave that church. Only those who overcome shall be saved.
Please dont Be Deceived[/quote

Gather courage and leave that church and go to which one?bros pls tell me the church that I will go and be saved?the catholic folks here didn't insult or say anything against any church.they were just happy and thanking God for the 150yrs so give them a break plsss

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Rexyl(m): 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Kudos to the missionaries may Almmighty God reward them with precious rewards in heaven. It is through thier efforts that majority of Nigerians, Christians, Muslims and traditionalists were/are able to acquire western education which has helped a lot in reformation of individuals and societal transformation. These people tried and did their best, how do we presently continue and sustain ourselves on their Labour of love as the master Jesus command His own?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Expensive Church Buildings Really Necessary? / Don't Mess With God. Read This. / Is Jesus Christ Jehovah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.