Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26061 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by alex101(m): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Kedu nwanne m. I've missed you here. Don't stay away, we need your refreshing views. smiley
Don't worry, very soon you abokis and your Yoruba wives will be the only ones posting on this site,,,,so I leave to your imagination the type of posts you'll be saddled with; even Seun will dread such grin.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by searay(m): 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2013

“For now, we have not yet agreed on who it should be, but I can tell you, Fashola is one of them, however, we cannot take a final decision on this until we are able to get leaders of his primary constituency to agree.”
So na them go choose give us abi? Make we see now.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Mrchippychappy(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
[size=15pt]ACN + OPC = APC[/size]
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
alex101: Don't worry, very soon you abokis and your Yoruba wives will be the only ones posting on this site,,,,so I leave to your imagination the type of posts you'll be saddled with; even Seun will dread such grin.

Nna, don't attempt to put yourself in the same category of your superior, Sam_Ikenna. I don't have to beat him over the head to get simple points, besides, he is not a bigot.

You seem foolish enough to believe that you can leave NL en mass. Olodo, go and look up the term addiction and then come and explain to me how you and your gang will be cured from it, before making empty threats. dolo

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by stpat1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Even though I have never voted in any election in Nigeria, If Oshiomole, Fashola or Ribadu is contesting then I must vote for them. Jona can go back to his fishing nets
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omiobo: 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
Political analysts with biased mind too much for nairaland. If sentiment and tribalism cannot be set aside, the truth can never be told. Noise here and there. SMH

The truth is either PDP or APC mean no well for Nigerians. They are all drug baron and anus fhuckers.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by OmoTier1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life:

Your comment above is speaks volume about you. It's ok to grant a nod to Oshimole and Fashola but when it comes down to Imo, you ask "what has he done"? Some governors are not like that of others where they trumpet everything they do. Lagos and Imo have their different complexities, so for you to say he needs to first bring out IMO from ashes is not ONLY insulting but very demeaning and undermines the work (even if meager) that he has done.

You will do well to explain this in bold, who's been threatening blackmailing who?

With all seriousness, when it comes to development, you cannot place Rochas, Fashola and Oshiomhole on the same line. Perhaps after spending four years at governor of IMO state, then we can begin to talk about Him moving to the Centre.

Clearly, when it comes to prudential management, wealth creation, personnel development and human capacity building, infrastructural development, Rochas is yet to demonstrate much experience and if Nigeria is ever going to move forward, individuals who have demonstrated their capacity in these regard should be elected to President. No doubt, any sincere individual who attest to the fact that Fashola and Oshiomhole have demonstrated thus.

The mission to rescue Nigeria come 2015 is not about ethnicity, rather about having the best hands with proven positive experiences of good governance with developmental strides as her hallmark to be elected as President. Rochas in my opinion is not ripe to be elected into that position and should be encouraged to continue on the good course He has began in Imo state. I think it would do him more good if He stays that course because by the time He is done serving two terms in Imo state, He will amongst the experienced governors who will rightly be seen by Nigerianscas good for Presidency, provided He continues on the good path of infrastructural development Imo is already beginning to witness under His reign.

I know you want an Igbo man to be president, perhaps an Igbo woman, however, you need to ask yourself, which persons of Igbo extraction has the clout to win at least 4states in every region of the country in order to become president, possibly none at the moment.

As for the bolder in my post, it is a no brainner that Fashola and Oshiomhole have in their first term faced several complexities, whether political, economical in governance and were able to manage it and did so courageously.

I can't think of any Rochas has faced since becoming a governor perhaps you can give me some examples.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by OmoTier1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hima:

I'm sorry I don't know how this work so I have a question: is the position of a president won by percentage of states that voted in his favour or percentage of people that voted in his favour? Concidering dat some states might have larger number of population than others.
It is both, you have to win a percentage of the states, and also win 2/3 majority of the votes cast.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Obinoscopy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

There is no reason to believe that, if he runs, Buhari will lose the states he won during the last election. I submit to you that, as the APC candidate, he will win Edo, most of the SW states, and one or two more states in the SE, in addition to the ones he won in the North during the last election. GEJ or anyone else will be defeated by such showing.

No?
Buhari will win NO state in the southeast. The southwest will divided. Buhari will also lose out in the northcentral and parts of northwest. So I wonder how Buhari wld win. PdP won Buhari b4, they wld do it again.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omonnakoda: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
It is both, you have to win a percentage of the states, and also win 2/3 majority of the votes cast.
What rubbish is this? what is 2/3 majority . Better to be quiet if you lack knowledge that display it loudly
There is no such thing as 2/3 majority.

What is required is 25 % in 2/3 of 36 states = 25 % of the votes in 24 states

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by alex101(m): 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Nna, don't attempt to put yourself in the same category of your superior, Sam_Ikenna. I don't have to beat him over the head to get simple points, besides, he is not a bigot.

You seem foolish enough to believe that you can leave NL en mass. Olodo, go and look up the term addiction and then come and explain to me how you and your gang will be cured from it, before making empty threats. dolo
I believe my point is well noted, even by a cattle rearer.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by UnimkeAk(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
LET'S FACE OUR DEMONS AND SPLIT THIS COUNTRY...

Err body is so tribalistic, RELIGION !!!!, yeah our biggest problem.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Hima(f): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: Buhari will win NO state in the southeast. The southwest will divided. Buhari will also lose out in the northcentral and parts of northwest. So I wonder how Buhari wld win. PdP won Buhari b4, they wld do it again.

If Fashola is on the Ticket, APC will sweep the SW and Edo. The political landscape in the North has significantly changed from what obtained when GEJ first ran. With Anenih running the PDP, I believe Buhari will win even more states than he won last time around, in the North - but time will tell.

@alex101, ngbe ndi Abriba piafuka gi blokos. Ewu can beer.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saintohia: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
PointB: My candid advice to APC: Pick Rochas as your presidential candidate and pair him with a muslim from the North. Pitch it as strategy to re-unite the country. 8 years later power can go back to the North

Any other permutation hands power back to the incumbent.

^^^^^

Well said, or any other person from SE.

SS / SE are wise now, and don't forget that SS have learnt their lesson.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by omonnakoda: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
anywhere but SE. Never gonna happen that
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by vanunu: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
How old are you
ndu_chucks:

There is no reason to believe that, if he runs, Buhari will lose the states he won during the last election. I submit to you that, as the APC candidate, he will win Edo, most of the SW states, and one or two more states in the SE, in addition to the ones he won in the North during the last election. GEJ or anyone else will be defeated by such showing.

No?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Zakkyoz: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Last election Buhari picked 13 states.

Buhari alone without incumbency and money already guarantees 13 states No single individual in Nigeria has that appeal. All he need is 6 more states

Even if Jonathan wins all the SS 6 states, SE 5 states total 11 states he cant win election and

Buhari has NW 7 states, NE 6 states thats 13 states already.

Middle Belt which states would go to Jonathan? Definitely not Niger States. And I think Buhari is very strong in states like Nasarawa, can do better in Kogi and Kwara

Assuming for the sake of argument Jonathan wins All SE, SS and 5 states in middle belt he would still Lose. Why are you making analysis as if you're not a nigerian. Your analysis can only see the light of the day if we have unbiased and independent electoral commission. Believe it or not, INEC is an extension of PDP. What we need in this country is complete REVOLUTION. The question is who will take the lead?

Buhari just need those 6 SW states to get to 19 states that is needed
dayokanu:

Buhari alone without incumbency and money already guarantees 13 states No single individual in Nigeria has that appeal. All he need is 6 more states

Even if Jonathan wins all the SS 6 states, SE 5 states total 11 states he cant win election and

Middle Belt which states would go to Jonathan? Definitely not Niger States. And I think Buhari is very strong in states like Nasarawa, can do better in Kogi and Kwara

Assuming for the sake of argument Jonathan wins All SE, SS and 5 states in middle belt he would still Lose. Why are you making analysis as if you're not a nigerian. Your analysis can only see the light of the day if we have unbiased and independent electoral commission. Believe it or not, INEC is an extension of PDP. What we need in this country is complete REVOLUTION. The question is who will take the lead?

dayokanu:

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Buchy2020(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
saintohia:

^^^^^

Rochas nd fashola wil make Naija gr8.

saintohia:

^^^^^

saintohia:

^^^^^

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by honeric01(m): 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Please do not give them a cue.

Seeing Buhari name always put fear in you people's mind because everyone knows he's the only northerner that can rake in votes in the north without spending 1 kobo. no other person anywhere in Nigeria can rake in millions of votes without spending kobo. you guys are so so afraid of that name Buhari..

sorry o grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by vanunu: 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Have you been to Imo State before... Perhaps you don,t know that Rochas is the most prudent of all the people you mentioned.
Omo_Tier1:
With all seriousness, when it comes to development, you cannot place Rochas, Fashola and Oshiomhole on the same line. Perhaps after spending four years at governor of IMO state, then we can begin to talk about Him moving to the Centre.

Clearly, when it comes to prudential management, wealth creation, personnel development and human capacity building, infrastructural development, Rochas is yet to demonstrate much experience and if Nigeria is ever going to move forward, individuals who have demonstrated their capacity in these regard should be elected to President. No doubt, any sincere individual who attest to the fact that Fashola and Oshiomhole have demonstrated thus.

The mission to rescue Nigeria come 2015 is not about ethnicity, rather about having the best hands with proven positive experiences of good governance with developmental strides as her hallmark to be elected as President. Rochas in my opinion is not ripe to be elected into that position and should be encouraged to continue on the good course He has began in Imo state. I think it would do him more good if He stays that course because by the time He is done serving two terms in Imo state, He will amongst the experienced governors who will rightly be seen by Nigerianscas good for Presidency, provided He continues on the good path of infrastructural development Imo is already beginning to witness under His reign.

I know you want an Igbo man to be president, perhaps an Igbo woman, however, you need to ask yourself, which persons of Igbo extraction has the clout to win at least 4states in every region of the country in order to become president, possibly none at the moment.

As for the bolder in my post, it is a no brainner that Fashola and Oshiomhole have in their first term faced several complexities, whether political, economical in governance and were able to manage it and did so courageously.

I can't think of any Rochas has faced since becoming a governor perhaps you can give me some examples.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by nduchucks: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
vanunu: We Nigerians should watch these APC men carefully, I don,t trust them at all, Just because the knew that the president will visit maiduguri next Thursday, they just hurriedly organized their own visit. What kind of politicians are these men.

Then he asks:

vanunu: How old are you

Well old enough to know what you think with. dolo
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
the_ripper:

Dude, u need to forget this Electoral College ish and come back home, forget this data presented, hw many get to register, hw many would vote. Was at Kano during the last elections and saw dat PDP is present in most Northern states believe me, they know hw to get their votes where it matters. Do u know women voted massively for PDP at least where I served cuz of 5satchets of Ariel and a tin of Milo. Those pple really don't care who wins, they just want to survive. While CPC and co were busy doing their normal gallivanting in the major cities, PDP was busy winning in the villages. No wonder the "not-so-wide" margin recorded. Forget ur 19 states dream, can u truly say PDP won't get 40% in most of the states u mentioned knowing dat the SS and SE and NC is going to b a landslide victory for Jonathan.?

In Kano in 2011 the people voted PDP in the governorship and CPC in the presidential
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
chukwudi44: What is the percentage of SS/SE/MB in these states compared to the population of NW/NE/SW in the other states? You still do not get how this simple majority stuff works.What percentage of votes do you think APC would get in Lagos and Kadunna states?

Does the percentage of SS/SE/MB in these states stop Lagos from voting for AD, ACN in governorship and voting in the same pattern with the rest of the SWest
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by gajike: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
To clean up this country, centiment and ethnicity apart i pray it goes this way 1) Buhari for president-- all those curupt politician will surely die in exile. 2) Rochas for vice president-- candidate of the masses. Politics apart rochas has good hearth especially for less priviledge. 3) Fashola for senate presido. No nonsence man and SAN. 4) Dora Akunyili -- EFCC CHAIRPERSON. Of course we all know what she is capable of doing in dat area.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by mactonnyso: 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
APC BOSS Tinubu is smarter than Buhari. tinubu always stayed clear of any political office because of his reputation (con man), rather work as godfather behind the door, but mumu buhari despite his notorious reputation as jihadist still hope to be president of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
Let us be honest with ourselves, why should a politician from the North be president? What level of development have they brought to that region? Has any Northern politician have any laudable achievements that most of us do not know of?

I tend to judge Nigerian politicians by the level of development that is occurring in their states. Lagos, Edo, Enugu, Imo, Akwa Ibom state come to mind when I think of states that are developing at a fast pace. So a presidential nominee should come from these states.

Forget the religion, region or tribe that the person comes from. They should be JUDGED by their level of achievement.

In my opinion Fashola should be the presidential nominee of APC. If not him, I can definitely not think of any Northern politician who can fit into those shoes.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by thelastPope(m): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
dayokanu:

In this Nigerian scenario the most populated region are in the North West and South West. Below are the top 5 most populated states in Nigeria 3 from NorthWest , 2 from SOuthWest.

Rank State Population
1 Kano State 9,401,288
2 Lagos State 9,113,605
3 Kaduna State 6,113,503
4 Katsina State 5,801,584
5 Oyo State 5,580,894

In these 5 states you listed, the only state Buhari can actually win is katsina. That is assuming your flawed logic works.

But your logic is very flawed. Fashola didn't win Lagos in 2011 with Yoruba votes. He was loved then. The same people who voted GEJ voted Fashola the following weekend. But all that has changed. Same for Oyo and Ogun. The two PDP groups in Oyo and Ogun had far more votes than ACN. ACN does not control those states like you mentioned. Most times when you say ACN control the south west, it isn't correct at all. The only state ACN really totally controls is Osun. PDP has never ruled Lagos because they have never really brought out a good candidate. The only good candidate was Funsho Williams who was mudered by ACN, then AD. But Buhari can never get up to 40% of Lagos votes even if Tinubu is the VP candidate.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope:

In these 5 states you listed, the only state Buhari can actually win is katsina. That is assuming your flawed logic works.

But your logic is very flawed. Fashola didn't win Lagos in 2011 with Yoruba votes. He was loved then. The same people who voted GEJ voted Fashola the following weekend. But all that has changed. Same for Oyo and Ogun. The two PDP groups in Oyo and Ogun had far more votes than ACN. ACN does not control those states like you mentioned. Most times when you say ACN control the south west, it isn't correct at all. The only state ACN really totally controls is Osun. PDP has never ruled Lagos because they have never really brought out a good candidate. The only good candidate was Funsho Williams who was mudered by ACN, then AD. But Buhari can never get up to 40% of Lagos votes even if Tinubu is the VP candidate.

All the 3 states Kano, Kaduna Katsina Buhari won them handily in 2011 and he would do it again

Lagos has always been controlled by AD, ACN etc and never in the hand of PDP.

In Presidential elections Lagos has always voted the way the rest of the SWest does
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by COMPAQ(m): 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
Rochas ke! Hell no. Fashola has clearly demonstrated his ability for prudent management of resources. The budget of Lagos and rivers is about the same and Lagos is far more complicated than ph, but you can clearly see that the money is being better managed in Lagos. Rochas has not done much other than talk a lot and make silly appointments.that alone shows the true nature of the mans brain...certainly not Abuja material. Rochas has to clearly demonstrate ability to deliver on a consistent basis like fashola and Adams.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by seunajia: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
honeric01:

Seeing Buhari name always put fear in you people's mind because everyone knows he's the only northerner that can rake in votes in the north without spending 1 kobo. no other person anywhere in Nigeria can rake in millions of votes without spending kobo. you guys are so so afraid of that name Buhari..

sorry o grin grin grin grin grin grin

They shyte their pants anytime the man's name is mentioned! I have said it once, immediately Buhari mounts Aso-rock, GEJ and his folks will go on exile (bet me?)

Anything that has Fashola, Oshiomole is winning in the SW. The exiled ones know themselves.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Ngwakwe: 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
You are filled with too much hate and then you go ahead to spread it.

Igbos will vote a yoruba, Igbos will vote an Hausa, Igbos will vote an Ijaw, then in return no one will vote an Igbo.

Continue to recite this lie and drown yourself in it until you either live to see it or commit suicide on its fulfilment.

You believe the north will support the SW for another turn for President before they say yes for an Igbo person. Continue to live in 1967, time have changed.

Remember, there were positions deemed impossible for the Igbos but today what is happening?

omonnakoda:
This is true but I fail to see the relevance unless you do not understand.No one group can produce a president without others support.The point here is the Ibo stand out for having no one's support.i.e no friends because they alienate everyone.That is the issue here.Do you gerrit now

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Have Never Flown First-class In My Life” – Silverbird Boss Ben Murray Bruce / Federal Executive Council Meeting [PHOTOS] / Governor Wike Commends Buhari On Sack Of Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.