Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box (1269 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Where Can I Find A Good Mechanic That Convert Right Hand Cars To Left In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by fratochi: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2013
Guys, please I need the location of a sincere and competent mechanic with experience in fixing nissan xterras, with emphasis on the gear box/ATF issues , please help!
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by youngchopper(m): 11:31am On Mar 10, 2013
fratochi: Guys, please I need the location of a sincere and competent mechanic with experience in fixing nissan xterras, with emphasis on the gear box/ATF issues , please help!
what is wrong wit it?
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by fratochi: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2013
Aside from the acclelration not being proportional to pedal/trottle pressure, the auxillary stopped working and then the floor of the vehicle heats up while you drive, I gave it to our mechanic and after his examination he came up with the idea of servicing the gear box, but am sceptical about it because he has unsuccessfully serviced a friends sienna.
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by youngchopper(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
fratochi: Aside from the acclelration not being proportional to pedal/trottle pressure, the auxillary stopped working and then the floor of the vehicle heats up while you drive, I gave it to our mechanic and after his examination he came up with the idea of servicing the gear box, but am sceptical about it because he has unsuccessfully serviced a friends sienna.
av u scanned ur car ever since u saw service engine soon? Ur trotlle body need to be cleaned or replace if scaned. Ur heater is faulty if u experience heat on the floor of the driver side. Very soon it will enter the passenger side. Were are u let me knw hw i can help you
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by youngchopper(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
fratochi: Aside from the acclelration not being proportional to pedal/trottle pressure, the auxillary stopped working and then the floor of the vehicle heats up while you drive, I gave it to our mechanic and after his examination he came up with the idea of servicing the gear box, but am sceptical about it because he has unsuccessfully serviced a friends sienna.
av u scanned ur car ever since u saw service engine soon? Ur trotlle body need to be cleaned or replace if scaned. Ur heater is faulty if u experience heat on the floor of the driver side. Very soon it will enter the passenger side. Were are u let me knw hw i can be of help to you
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by fratochi: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
youngchopper: av u scanned ur car ever since u saw service engine soon? Ur trotlle body need to be cleaned or replace if scaned. Ur heater is faulty if u experience heat on the floor of the driver side. Very soon it will enter the passenger side. Were are u let me knw hw i can be of help to you
. Thanks for the response, the heating has actually gotten to the passengers seat, infact even up to the hand gear housing, I stay in lagos, on the mainland, you can send your email address so that we arrange a meeting, I will really be grateful. Thanks
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by youngchopper(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
fratochi: . Thanks for the response, the heating has actually gotten to the passengers seat, infact even up to the hand gear housing, I stay in lagos, on the mainland, you can send your email address so that we arrange a meeting, I will really be grateful. Thanks
am in south south part of nigiriya! U can actually stop the heating ur self. Guess ur caterlyst converter cluged. Open the exust close to the engine. Remove all the net substance found in there. U av to buy plug adaptor. Unscrew ur oxygen sensor (2) screw the o2 sensor into the adaptor and srew it back to the exust. If u cant do these. A competent panel beater can do it. Price shouldnt exceed 5k. For ur gear u av not layed any emphacy on it
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
youngchopper: av u scanned ur car ever since u saw service engine soon? Ur trotlle body need to be cleaned or replace if scaned. Ur heater is faulty if u experience heat on the floor of the driver side. Very soon it will enter the passenger side. Were are u let me knw hw i can be of help to you

why throttle body when he is talking about the gearbox ?

let the gear box be serviced and its simple drain the oil int the gearbox and put new oil, thats the 1st cheapest way also if you can find the gearbox flush oil add to the gearbox before draining the old oil and drive for 5 mins and then drain and put the new oil

this you can do it on your own as long you got a spanner for the oil plug
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
youngchopper: am in south south part of nigiriya! U can actually stop the heating ur self. Guess ur caterlyst converter cluged. Open the exust close to the engine. Remove all the net substance found in there. U av to buy plug adaptor. Unscrew ur oxygen sensor (2) screw the o2 sensor into the adaptor and srew it back to the exust. If u cant do these. A competent panel beater can do it. Price shouldnt exceed 5k. For ur gear u av not layed any emphacy on it

if the caterlyst converter is clugged its easy to see open the the engine bay let the car idle and rav it here and there your exhuast manifold will glow red meaning thats there is a backfire (blocked/clugged)
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by fratochi: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thanks to you all, the thing is I really do not have much idea about vehicle terminologies and parts, as such it will be difficult for me to apply the ideas you guys have given me here, and that's why I would appreciate if you guys can recommend a sincere and competent person to me within mainland lagos.the SUV was just brought in from the states as such have not got a mechanic for it yet, please your recommendation (s) will grately be appreciated. @ youngchopper, the gear problem is as result of the fact that fact that the pressure on the accelerator is not proportional to the vehicler movement, scondly the auxillary hear does not work, in summary the car those not power very well, someone actually recommended that I should get someone to work on the ATF.
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by Irwindickson(m): 9:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
if u are in lagos, call this guy 08036656053
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by youngchopper(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
fratochi: Thanks to you all, the thing is I really do not have much idea about vehicle terminologies and parts, as such it will be difficult for me to apply the ideas you guys have given me here, and that's why I would appreciate if you guys can recommend a sincere and competent person to me within mainland lagos.the SUV was just brought in from the states as such have not got a mechanic for it yet, please your recommendation (s) will grately be appreciated. @ youngchopper, the gear problem is as result of the fact that fact that the pressure on the accelerator is not proportional to the vehicler movement, scondly the auxillary hear does not work, in summary the car those not power very well, someone actually recommended that I should get someone to work on the ATF.
ur visco fan is the problem: ur car as mechanical fan. Ur gear box is good. Pls i av a very bad day gud night
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
fratochi: Thanks to you all, the thing is I really do not have much idea about vehicle terminologies and parts, as such it will be difficult for me to apply the ideas you guys have given me here, and that's why I would appreciate if you guys can recommend a sincere and competent person to me within mainland lagos.the SUV was just brought in from the states as such have not got a mechanic for it yet, please your recommendation (s) will grately be appreciated. @ youngchopper, the gear problem is as result of the fact that fact that the pressure on the accelerator is not proportional to the vehicler movement, scondly the auxillary hear does not work, in summary the car those not power very well, someone actually recommended that I should get someone to work on the ATF.

i will be blant

any termilogy you dont understand google you will after the meaning and it will also help you to get know things about cars and also it will also help you know your own car and saving lots of money by not be cheated by road side mechanics

youtube has videos they help alot
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
youngchopper: ur visco fan is the problem: ur car as mechanical fan. Ur gear box is good. Pls i av a very bad day gud night

he never said the car is over heating
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by youngchopper(m): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

he never said the car is over heating
a permanent visco fan affects acceleration. And am sure dats wat his happening to his car.
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
youngchopper: a permanent visco fan affects acceleration. And am sure dats wat his happening to his car.

he mention the Auxiliary not working meaning Auxiliary Gearbox function its all directed to one thing THE GEARBOX
Re: A Good/competent Mechanic That Can Service Nissan Xterra 2000 Gear Box by amarawa: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
One guy called Dogo in Mpape is very good.08033722166

(1) (Reply)

Brain Box Stolen / I Need Shock Absorbers For Toyota Avalon 2003 Model / The World’s Most Expensive Police Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.