Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:48 AM

What Are Reasons Of Combined Course(please Dont Ignore You Gotta Help I Beg Of U - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are Reasons Of Combined Course(please Dont Ignore You Gotta Help I Beg Of U (707 Views)

Workers Protest Factory Closure, Beg AMCON / AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / Human Anatomy Combined With Radiography - Advice On 2nd Degree (medical Field) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Reasons Of Combined Course(please Dont Ignore You Gotta Help I Beg Of U by whiteroses(f): 12:43am On Mar 24, 2008
what do you know please, all my life i've been wasting my time with science but i cant do it anymore, i just realised i'm a social science material and i've had a qualification i could use for law degree, i am supposed to start law this september but my momma just came with idea of doing law with accounting or business combination, she said because law alone would narrow my chances of getting a job in a firm since the style in nigeria is either working in a law firm(where there's no vacancy) or sit at home and be a full house wife, but the business sector is hiring people than anything nowadays in nigeria so if i could do business/account with law, then i have more chances in different career fields rather than law firm(only one in my village,lol). but i'm confused because i hate patchy patch things, i like straight forward and clear things like, i have a degree in law whats with the story of law combination. please what do you think, is it a good idea and true or just one of those motherly talk? what do you think if i need to apply at nigerian law school later will they recognise the combinations or should i just do law on its own. thanks xoxo
Re: What Are Reasons Of Combined Course(please Dont Ignore You Gotta Help I Beg Of U by 4Him(m): 12:58am On Mar 24, 2008
Your mom is making a smart choice for you.
Law will definitely narrow ur choices when it comes to working in Nigeria, it is very time consuming and not something you'd be looking forward to doing as a woman.
My aunt read law too and worked for a couple of yrs in a young law firm working almost 14 hrs straight a day.
She's switched to an oil service company now and works as the head of personnel after taking a few courses abroad.

Perhaps on this issue your mom is dead on point . . . that is if you must read law.

(1) (Reply)

Which Way Nigeria? / An Information Technology Camp You Shouldn't Miss! / Ccie, Ccdp, Ccip, Cwna----- Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.