Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic (1154 Views)

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / The Christian Worldview, The Atheist Worldview, And Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by pseudonomer: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2013
For any readers who've embraced atheism, this is offered as encouragement to reconsider that philosophy.

Atheism lacks logic because it underestimates the complexity of life, doesn't do the math well--especially fractal geometry--and it won't ask itself the really hard question. (Fractal geometry, originally called Chaos Theory, is a relatively branch of mathematics that discovered that the patterns of coastlines, leaves, trees, hilly land-scapes and virtually anything in nature are NOT RANDOM but mathematically calculable--and evidence of supreme Designer!)

Where did law of Physics come from and why do they always work?

Atheism doesn't want to answer this question, yet science willingly assumes the certainty of these physical laws. Theoritic physicists have in recent years developed the matrix or M-Theory--an extension of string theory--to explain the universe. (You'll google it, as there's no room to address it here.) But even that has at its basis certain fixed laws of physics. Where did those laws come from?

When pushed for an origin of the laws of science, the atheistic-evolutionary answer essentially is that those laws have just always been there. Thus logic fails the atheist movement by the refusal to address origins.

Bottom line: Laws--spiritual or physical--demand a Lawgiver who is also a law Sustainer. And that would be God.
Re: Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by ooman(m): 10:34am On Mar 11, 2013
pseudonomer: For any readers who've embraced atheism, this is offered as encouragement to reconsider that philosophy.

Atheism lacks logic because it underestimates the complexity of life, doesn't do the math well--especially fractal geometry--and it won't ask itself the really hard question. (Fractal geometry, originally called Chaos Theory, is a relatively branch of mathematics that discovered that the patterns of coastlines, leaves, trees, hilly land-scapes and virtually anything in nature are NOT RANDOM but mathematically calculable--and evidence of supreme Designer!)

well, read this

wikipedia: Chaos theory studies the behavior of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions, an effect which is popularly referred to as the butterfly effect. Small differences in initial conditions (such as those due to rounding errors in numerical computation) yield widely diverging outcomes for such dynamical systems, rendering long-term prediction impossible in general. This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future behavior is fully determined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved.

Heisenberg uncertainty principle makes it certain that this does not leave the field of mathematics, hence cannot be applied to cosmology - and that also means that this theory is applicable to closed systems, the earth is not a closed system.

wikipedia: In common usage, "chaos" means "a state of disorder". However, in chaos theory, the term is defined more precisely. Although there is no universally accepted mathematical definition of chaos, a commonly used definition says that, for a dynamical system to be classified as chaotic, it must have the following properties:[8]

it must be sensitive to initial conditions;
it must be topologically mixing; and
its periodic orbits must be dense.

The requirement for sensitive dependence on initial conditions implies that there is a set of initial conditions of positive measure which do not converge to a cycle of any length.

this is exactly what evolution means. Chaos theory proves evolution right by stating how ordered systems, living systems and inorganic chemicals evolved from a state of total chaos after the big bang. Never refers to an external designer.

pseudonomer: Where did law of Physics come from and why do they always work?

Laws of nature are never constant. They change in different environment. For example, triple point of water can only occur on earth, NEVER ON MARS. The laws on earth about water applies to the triple point of water. but when you are on Mars or Mercury, you have to discuss the single point of H2O. Laws of nature do not always work in all conditions. They are not fixed. There are only the way matter behaves, not the way matter MUST ALWAYS behave.

pseudonomer: Atheism doesn't want to answer this question, yet science willingly assumes the certainty of these physical laws.

Atheism has answered this question times without number. Your failure to learn is your ignorance.

pseudonomer: Theoritic physicists have in recent years developed the matrix or M-Theory--an extension of string theory--to explain the universe. (You'll google it, as there's no room to address it here.) But even that has at its basis certain fixed laws of physics. Where did those laws come from?

read this

wikipedia: [size=15pt]M-theory (and string theory) has been criticized for lacking predictive power or being untestable. Further work continues to find mathematical constructs that join various surrounding theories. However, the tangible success of M-theory can be questioned, given its current incompleteness and limited predictive power.[/size]

pseudonomer: When pushed for an origin of the laws of science, the atheistic-evolutionary answer essentially is that those laws have just always been there. Thus logic fails the atheist movement by the refusal to address origins.

When did an atheist or a scientist ever tell you that laws have always been there? We know the universe is not eternal, so how come the laws governing it will be eternal or "always been there"? does that sound like logic to you?

Laws of nature are not fixed. There are only the way matter behaves, not the way matter MUST ALWAYS behave. They change and they only evolved when matter evolved.

pseudonomer: Bottom line: Laws--spiritual or physical--[size=15pt]demand a Lawgiver who is also a law Sustainer.[/size] And that would be God.

IGNORANT.
Laws of nature change in different conditions. hence there is no need for a sustainer. Laws only evolved when matter evolved, hence the question of a giver is terminated.
Re: Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Where is logicboy
Re: Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Where is logicboy

What?

So that you a bash me with your kooky astrophysics?

Abegi

Re: Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by UyiIredia(m): 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
Leave atheism and sscience to themsselves. Atheism is a stance on God's existence and not on the origin of the laws of physics.
Re: Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

What?

So that you a bash me with your kooky astrophysics?

Abegi

who dey bash you. i referred to u cos i need backup but u fall my hand no lele sha

1 Like

Re: Atheism Lacks Truth And Logic by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
who dey bash you. i referred to u cos i need backup but u fall my hand no lele sha

sorry for the misunderstanding then

(1) (Reply)

My P£nis Contains Holy Milk,"pastor. / How Science Backs The Bible's Best Stories / Inri Christo, 66-year-old Brazilian, Believes He Is A Reincarnation Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.