Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Nairobi Kenya - Ruto Sobs And Cries In Church As He Savours Jubilee Win - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairobi Kenya - Ruto Sobs And Cries In Church As He Savours Jubilee Win (767 Views)

Man Cries In Kano After Voting President Jonathan In Error / Photonews: President Jonathan At AU Peace & Security Summit In Nairobi, Kenya / Jonathan Attends Oritsejafor's Jubilee Festival In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairobi Kenya - Ruto Sobs And Cries In Church As He Savours Jubilee Win by cmcrob: 11:45am On Mar 11, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya: Deputy President-elect William Ruto broke down several times during a thanksgiving church service in Nairobi as faithful sang and danced.

Mr Ruto, who was accompanied by close family members, Information minister Samuel Poghisio and former Turkana Central legislator Ekwe Ethuro, was overcome with emotions at Faith Evangelical Ministries in Karen.

“I have not cried like this for many years. The only time I remember crying like this was when I was a little boy and my mother is here to attest to that. My wife knew me as a strong man because she had never seen me emotional like this,” he stated. tune in to www.twotv.net to watch it

He said God, in a special way, had given the Jubilee coalition victory in the March 4 General Election.

“The same God who gave us victory against all odds will do more exceedingly and abundantly for us. It will be more than the people of Kenya want. God is going to do great things for this country,” said Ruto.

At one point, Ruto was given the microphone to address the congregation but he broke down and was unable to make any statement.

Efforts by his wife Rachael, who was beside him at the dais, to calm him down proved futile as she too got carried away and also wept alongside her husband, as they were both overcome by emotions.

Rev Teresa Wairimu Kinyanjui took the microphone from Ruto and allowed him and the wife to move to the side to regain composure.

Ruto shed tears at his seat, as Wairimu preached and when he was invited to join dancers at the podium and during all prayers. tune in to www.twotv.net to watch it

Grace of God

When he finally composed himself, the Deputy President-elect said he was overwhelmed by the favour and grace of God.

Mr Ruto announced that they are organising an interdenominational thanksgiving service that will be held next weekend.

Wairimu narrated how the President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta called her and asked her to organise the service at Nairobi’s Uhuru Park. She noted that Ruto gave Uhuru her number without informing her in advance.

“I picked the phone and asked who is this calling me. The reply was Uhuru and I said Mr President,” she said. Outside the church was a convoy of vehicles and security officers befitting Ruto’s new status. tune in to www.twotv.net to watch it

(1) (Reply)

Past Atrocities Of Mallam Nasir El-rufai / . / IBB's two party solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.