Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! (970 Views)

Original Next Season Jerseys Both Club And Country / Contact Jersey Boss For Your Authentic Football Clubs And Country Jerseys.. / Rashidi Yekini: Staggering Statistics For Club And Country! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! by bolaoni(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2006
Do you have a memory of any player that is so much idolised in his club but couldn't make any impact in the national team?

I remember Jonathan Akpoborire and Richard Owubokiri for Nigeria.

I also remember Elber and Mario Jardel.

Gianlucca Vialli was a misfit for Italy in World Cup 1990 and he hsa to pave way for Toto Schillachi to shine.

Who else do you know all the soccer afficionados in the house?
Re: Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! by rikkyjen(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2006
Our own Aiyegbeni of course!!!
Re: Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! by bolaoni(m): 8:25pm On May 06, 2006
hmmmm

true talk. wink

Since you are in the US you will remember Francis Okaro that was expected to step into the shoes of Alexis Lalas some times back.

The guy just faded into thin air like that after putting up GREAT performances for DC Galaxies.

Any memory of him?
Re: Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! by mochafella(m): 5:06am On May 07, 2006
Some might add Del Piero to that list. Maybe even Thierry Henry. They never seem to catch fire at national team level.
Re: Club Heroes And Country Zeroes! by Skintite(f): 11:04am On May 08, 2006
Yeah, but henry is seasonal

Del piero, i guess so undecided

(1) (Reply)

Okocha In Gulf Challenge: To Qatar At Last / Shaq, Kobe Or Yao Ming / Mikel's First Blues Appearance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.