Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,977 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Lagretor And Sugar - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagretor And Sugar (3523 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagretor And Sugar by ganagagi: 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
I complain to a machanic that the tempreture of my car always rise up and he advice me to add like 20 naira sugar to the water in lagretor it will not be rising up again amd will not be hot which I did so and it works.pls will it affect d engine or not advice me pls
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by wwwkaycom(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
Biochemically speaking, the sugar will enter into the glycolytic pathway and be broken down to produce pyruvic acid yielding enormous amount of energy in the form of ATP. The pyruvic acid will later enter the carboxylic acid cycle where more ATP will be released. I can assure you that your "lagretor" vis-a-vis your engine has received a new level of energy and you may not need to visit the service station for fuel in the next 2 weeks, this is my humble contribution as a nutritional biochemist, lolzz.., can the mechanically minded members of the house shed more light on this? cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Lagretor And Sugar by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
ganagagi: I complain to a machanic that the tempreture of my car always rise up and he advice me to add like 20 naira sugar to the water in lagretor it will not be rising up again amd will not be hot which I did so and it works.pls will it affect d engine or not advice me pls

i have never heard of it

when you say temperature was always rising, to what degrees or what position on the gauge

1 Like

Re: Lagretor And Sugar by abdulkadir(m): 10:03am On Mar 12, 2013
@ op
Naija clowns!
by "lagretor" i bliv u mean radiator.
@wwwkaycom
it will interest me whre the glycolitic and TCA cycle enzymes are located in the "lagrator" or engine cos it will save me a lot of energy isolating them from live tissues.

1 Like

Re: Lagretor And Sugar by Ikenna351(m): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2013
Make una no kill person here ! grin

Ikenna
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by symbianDON(m): 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
biko which one be lagretor again Na trailer de use am abi caterpillar? Because e no fit b small moto grin
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by ziccoit: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
wwwkaycom:
Biochemically speaking, the sugar will enter into the glycolytic pathway and be broken down to produce pyruvic acid yielding enormous amount of energy in the form of ATP. The pyruvic acid will later enter the carboxylic acid cycle where more ATP will be released. I can assure you that your "lagretor" vis-a-vis your engine has received a new level of energy and you may not need to visit the service station for fuel in the next 2 weeks, this is my humble contribution as a nutritional biochemist, lolzz.., can the mechanically minded members of the house shed more light on this? cheers!

Interessant . Certainly a new source of energy for @OP's car. He doesn't need to fuel his car again. ATP is the new way. Loooooooool. U no go kill person.

1 Like

Re: Lagretor And Sugar by ganagagi: 6:39am On Mar 13, 2013
Pls my people I don't understand dis big english u are replying me with. The car iam using is a small toyota first lady and a manual gear not automatic.so the tempreture use to rise above half way.and d lagretor I mean is were they put water
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 13, 2013
^^ Radiator; pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Is your mechanic from Ijebu ??
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by Ikenna351(m): 8:44am On Mar 13, 2013
Well, none of the cars i have used had Lagretor. And my current car dont have one either.

Lets assume you meant "Radiator", lets wait for our chemical engineers to enlighten us on the effect of Sugar in a car cooling system. But if i were you, i would quickly go and drain that fluid from the system, pending when we hear from them, that is, if the harm has not already been done. Because if they prove your clown wrong, do you know what that would mean? A replacement engine or rebuild soon.

As for me, i dont care how good Sugar will be in a car cooling system, if there is. No sugar will see my engine bay. Sugar is not in my car dictionary. And am not planning to re-write the car dictionary.

Ikenna.
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by donsola(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2013
;DD
ganagagi: Pls my people I don't understand dis big english u are replying me with. The car iam using is a small toyota first lady and a manual gear not automatic.so the tempreture use to rise above half way.and d lagretor I mean is were they put water
it seems the OP's mechanic is from ago iwoye cos I don't see any sense in the sugar therapy BTW lagarator is a mechanical device tht is available on manual first lady Toyota's to boost the car on the race track grin I dey laugh in swahili..
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
ganagagi: Pls my people I don't understand dis big english u are replying me with. The car iam using is a small toyota first lady and a manual gear not automatic.so the tempreture use to rise above half way.and d lagretor I mean is were they put water

half way i the normal average operating temperature between 85 - 89 degrees
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by JUO(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
o boy, person go eat poison because of una of day. sugar for inside engine?
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by cretin: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
well its radiator not LARGERATOR!!!!!!!
welllas a chemistry student....salt n sugar reduce the boiling point of water///thus the water in the radiator might be able to hit 130degrees before boilong as against the normal 100 degrees boiling temp.

a good coolant is designed to do this same thing more efficienty!....my friend stop adding sugar to ur radiator....flush the radiator thoroughly and replace with good coolant...n not ordinary water!......jeeeez
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by symbianDON(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
cretin: well its radiator not LARGERATOR!!!!!!!
welllas a chemistry student....salt n sugar reduce the boiling point of water///thus the water in the radiator might be able to hit 130degrees before boilong as against the normal 100 degrees boiling temp.

a good coolant is designed to do this same thing more efficienty!....my friend stop adding sugar to ur radiator....flush the radiator thoroughly and replace with good coolant...n not ordinary water!......jeeeez

i guess what u actually meant to say is that salt and sugar can raise (not lower) the boiling point of water. In chemistry it is one of the colligative properties of solutions. Truly sugar in water will cause water to boil above 100degrees.....but then that will be pure water (distilled water) not your usual tap water. Tap water ordinarily will boil above 100degrees because it already contains impurities! Back to d subject at hand.....to record a significant drop in the water temperature, you will actually require a fairly large quantity of sugar......all the same never use sugar in your radiator. If u have a faulty radiator (lagretor grin ) or any other equipment, change it! Simple.
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by sultaan(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:
^^ Radiator; pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Is your mechanic from Ijebu ??

Hey watch it, I don't know where you met your fake Ijebu.

FYI Ijebus are correct pipple grin, if we were talking about garri I would have passed on that comment.

Op if can get on internet you suppose read about these things and know better.

If Siena had recommended that you should carry eko, ole(moin moin), ebiripo plus correct gbegiri with goat meat carry go junction naked to appease the gods make you car stop overheat you for do am. The thing wey you just do is almost the same if nairaland na market
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by cardoctor(m): 8:23am On Mar 14, 2013
ganagagi: I complain to a machanic that the tempreture of my car always rise up and he advice me to add like 20 naira sugar to the water in lagretor it will not be rising up again amd will not be hot which I did so and it works.pls will it affect d engine or not advice me pls

Na Wah ooo. Is your mechanic a Mai Shayi (Tea seller)? LWKMD grin
Re: Lagretor And Sugar by dgitrader(m): 9:19am On Mar 14, 2013
@op... change that mechanic o
u probably have thermostat issues if ur engine is confirmed to be in good condition first.
also i dont think its wrong for ur temperature guage to be halfway, thats not bad for ur car engine.

on the sideline...
my old man used to do that in the 80s to early 90s as far i could remember. he had then 504, passat and latter bmw. i dont remember the reasons, but i sure know he was a seasoned british trained technician. speciallized in lister engines, cranes, caterpillar engines and some of the baddast ever lister generators u could think of then(the ones that powered large housing estates in warri/PH) . whatever his reasons were those days, i dont remember....BUT IT SURE WORKED WELL FOR HIM THEM! though i can never let sugar come near my rides... never in this era of modern engines.
NOTE: i witnesed him rebuild several bmw engines right in our private residence. however... i leave it to the experts in the house to educate us on this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic / Can Overheating Cause Break Failure? / Mazda6 Owners Pop Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.