Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

“Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo (1992 Views)

"Don't Rely On Men For Sex, Get A intimacy gadget" - Kemi Olunloyo 'educates' Women / Kemi Olunloyo Confirms Bianca Ojukwu And Fani Kayode's Affairs / I Am The Most Googled Woman In Africa -kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by Netnews: 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
“Why Do Yoruba People Have Low Facebook Name Self Esteem?”

Ex Oyo State Governor’s Daughter, Omololu Olunloyo Asks. She has created a lot of buzz again because of her write up which you’ll find below, and the Yorubas are yet to stop cursing her and calling her all sorts of names.

She wrote; Nigerians really irritate me on Facebook when they alter their names into these eyesore names. As a member of the Community standards team at Facebook, u are not allowed a fake name.

Many Nigerians in the Yoruba tribe where I am from, disgustingly alter the spellings of their names to horrible proportions. These beautiful African names are defaced due to lack of self esteem. I reported 10 last week on FB and they were told to produce ID before their pages could be re-opened.

They got mad at me. I clearly warned them beforehand. Even ppl with other fake nicknames need to be reported if you see them without a real name. I don’t see this trend in other tribes in Nigeria. #SMH My full name is Olukemi Omololu-Olunloyo Spelled like a eyesore is Holukehmi Hormololoo-Howloonlawyour

Read More:http:///life-and-styles/nigerians-really-irritate-me-on-facebook-kemi-olunloyo.html

Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by ijebabe: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
grin grin
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by Tolexander: 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Facebook is a social site. When one talks about any social gathering, it doesn't mean you need being official or try following any formal protocol concerning your name, address, profile or the modus operandi of their characters. One is free to write his name anyhow and act anyhow so far it doesn't violate the rules and regulation binding the handlers and also the action that is against the sociality and relationship with his other colleagues or anybody emotionally, psychologically and morally on the social site.
The 'defaced' name may be for security reasons now. Or is facebook a site for formal and official matters in which you must be formal and official with every detail?
The writer fell prey of argumentum ad ignorantium, hasty conclusion, hasty generalization for saying the act is peculiar to the yorubas. What does she know about other tribes? what does she understand about their alphabets, names and the alphabetic characters of their names?

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by ijebabe: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
You are very wrong Tolexander, the lady complaining has a point and is not ignorant. Facebook has never allowed fake names but the number of users have grown so much I doubt they can always monitor and control every account user. I laughed because I had mentioned something similar on a thread with examples on how we spell names funny; Phemy, themithorpe, jhyde grin NL is excusable but not every site.

Some networking sites demand using real names, it is unfortunate that there are fraudulent people around who try to use information for other means whether criminal or otherwise.

Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
You will not create more than one personal account.
If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Facebook Page for such purposes.
You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by Tolexander: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ijebabe! K i think i now agree with you on the issue of correct username.

netnews: I don’t
see this trend in other tribes
in Nigeria.
but the author has fallen prey of these fallacies concerning the quote:
argumentum ad ignorantium, hasty conclusion. What does she know about the alphabetical make up of other ethnic groups before saying it is peculiar to yorubas and other tribes don't do it.
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by ijebabe: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
The topic said Nigerians and not Yorubas. As a fellow Yoruba I think she felt more comfortable giving examples with her tribe.
I can't stop laughing at how she spelt her name grin
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by Tolexander: 9:33am On Mar 14, 2013
netnews: They got mad at me. I clearly
warned them beforehand. Even
ppl with other fake nicknames
need to be reported if you see
them without a real name. I don’t
see this trend in other tribes in
Nigeria.
ijebabe! What about the last part of the quote?
Though i know it is common to yorubas. But she can't tell me she hasn't seen the trend with other tribes.
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by ijebabe: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2013
Hehehehe! I just saw that. No comment grin
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by Temismith(f): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2013
Dis woman don vex. Na naija people matter u use oshuka carry for head? Wa pe nbe.
Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by ijebabe: 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
Kemi left a very harsh message today lipsrsealed

Re: “Nigerians Really Irritate Me On Facebook” – Kemi Olunloyo by DisGuy: 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
kinda agree with her, very irritating!!!

A nickname is even better than these mutilated spellings

(1) (Reply)

Gotv Network / 2013 Campus Face Of Nigeria Click To View More Details. / See Full List Of Winners At Mamas 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.