Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks (2645 Views)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today! / My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Busta(f): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2008
Ethiopian-born Mohammed Al Amoudi is the richest Black person in the world with a total net worth of $9 billion. Al Amoudi is ranked 97th on the Forbes list and followed by billionaire Blacks such as Nigeria's Aliko Dangote ($3.3 billion), American Oprah Winfrey ($2.5 billion), London-based Sudanese Mohamed "Mo" Ibrahim ($2.5 billion) and South African Patrice Motsepe ($2.4 billion). BET founder Robert Johnson's divorce dropped him to just a $1 billion fortune.

At the age of 21, Aliko Dangote became a stock trader off a loan from his uncle. After he built his company, The Dangote Group, into a conglomerate with interests in sugar, flour milling, cement and salt processing, he struck gold when his sugar production company was listed on the Nigerian stock exchange last year. The Dangote Group dominates the sugar market in Nigeria and is the country's largest industrial group. Dangote is ranked the 334th richest man in the world.

http://www.insightnews.com/business.asp?mode=display&articleID=4083
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by naijacutee(f): 10:22am On Apr 13, 2008
I queried the authenticity of this claim but alas, it's on Wikipedia.
Apparently, Dangote is richer than Oprah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_billionaires
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Mustay(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2008
Oprah has used her money to affect the live of her people positively and even to her 'south african roots.'
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Mustay(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2008
What effect does dangote's riches have on his northern fellas - particularly KANO state. The industry in kano is comatose. Perhaps he could revive the groundnut pyramids the north had before.
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Mustay(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2008
What effect does dangote's riches have on his northern fellas - particularly KANO state. The industry in kano is comatose. Perhaps he could revive the groundnut pyramids the north had before with his wealth
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by naijacutee(f): 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2008
I agree with you 100% Mustay. But at the same time, Dangote owes no one anything. People should not begin to look at him and expect him to do things for them just because they come from the same area. Afterall, they all came from the same pot. But yes, it would be nice of him to be a little philantrophic and use his wealth for the benefit of his people - even though he is under no obligation to.
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Mustay(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2008
it's not by force but he's aware of the economic conditions of his people. Mo Ibrahim donates millions for the TRANSPARENT AFRICAN PRESIDENT award. Adenuga sponsors both NFA and CAF. most of the rich men are known to donate to charity
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by oziomatv(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2008
he would have never been listed in forbes if he actually run a charity organization business. we africans are good in waiting for already made food instead of working hard to be on our own.
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2008
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Mustay(m): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2008
who's talking about eating READY MADE FOOD? READ THE LINES WELL. What u think life should be in theory isn't exactly what it is in practice
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by sayhi2ay(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
I remember the guy donating 10million naira to the school of engineering, OOU in year 2000.
the fact that such news doesn't get to the media doesnt meant he doesnt give out money
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Tylenol: 2:41am On Apr 23, 2008
This might be pedantic but I'm pointing it out anyway. It's not Adenuga sponsoring NFA, it's Glo. Big difference. That sponsorship is not charity, it's a bit of business to increase brand awareness/exposure similar to the workings of TV, print ads or other media. Same concept as Barclays sponsoring the EPL, Heineken sponsoring ECL and AIG sponsoring Manutd!
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by outlaws(m): 7:10am On Apr 23, 2008
cool

Go bro. Dangote. Way to go, I haven’t any of your money but I am looking forward to it some time to set up a luxury biz
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 23, 2008
some pple prefer to be anonymous when it comes to giving things. dangote, im sure does give to the underprivileged and he certainly does not make noise about it.
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by Mustay(m): 11:55am On Apr 30, 2008
OMO IBO:

to be anonymous when it comes to giving things.

OK wink
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by kazey(m): 12:26pm On Apr 30, 2008
ALAS, some people actually think that every philanthropist should publicize his or her contributions to the world. Dangote surely gives back one way or the other, perhaps not for the public eye or tax deductibles and I must say, its not your place to judge him.
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by larez(m): 4:59am On May 06, 2008
One thing for sure is that Dangote is very humble. I never guessed he was that rich the few times I met him in Atlanta. i suspect dude stole my girlfriend though. lol cheesy
Re: Aliko Dangote Ranked #2 In World's Wealthiest Blacks by akinalabi(m): 3:05pm On May 06, 2008
How he spends his money is not our business. . .

If he does it for CNN to see or behind closed doors, how does
that concern us?

This thread is about him being one of the wealthiest blacks and
not who has done more eyes according to the media.

(1) (Reply)

Quick Tip For Sales (money & Freedom) / How To Build Quarry Crusher Business In Nigeria / Have U Heard Of D Nigerian Man Who Sold A Fake Airport For $242million.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.