Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? (591 Views)

Africa Millionaire Explosion:The 16Countries Where The Ultra-Wealthy Are Booming / 21 Secrets Of Becoming Wealthy / Top Ten Private Jets Owned By Wealthy Nigerians And How Much They Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by chux76(m): 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
I have been pondering over this issue for a while now. The question is: Can a particular location(Country,state or city) determine if one would become rich or not?? Assuming you have been living in a particular state and things are not looking up,would moving to another state/location entirely guarantee or better put,increase one's chances of hitting it big aka becoming wealthy?? ...Contributions and comments are highly welcomed
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by denzel2009: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
chux76: I have been pondering over this issue for a while now. The question is: Can a particular location(Country,state or city) determine if one would become rich or not?? Assuming you have been living in a particular state and things are not looking up,would moving to another state/location entirely guarantee or better put,increase one's chances of hitting it big aka becoming wealthy?? ...Contributions and comments are highly welcomed

For example, if you are in prison and you have more uniforms than other inmates this could also mean you are richer than them.
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by tpia5: 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
sometimes yes.

for example, a business person has a higher chance of making it big in lagos or the north, compared to staying in the more rural, agrarian areas.

hypothetically speaking.

salary earners, on the other hand, most likely may not need to change their location, all things being equal, if they earn enough to meet their basic needs.
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by chux76(m): 11:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
denzel2009:

For example, if you are in prison and you have more uniforms than other inmates this could also mean you are richer than them.

How does this answer the question posed??You sound tired and sleepy..go to bed!!!
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=20pt]YES[/size]

There is a big difference between being operating a business in a small town like Abaji and operating a business in Ikoyi!
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by chux76(m): 11:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
NubiLove: [size=20pt]YES[/size]

There is a big difference between being operating a business in a small town like Abaji and operating a business in Ikoyi!

But you know it kinda depends on the kind of business you run,what would fit in perfectly in Abaji might not survive in Ikoyi

tpia@:
sometimes yes.

for example, a business person has a higher chance of making it big in lagos or the north, compared to staying in the more rural, agrarian areas.

hypothetically speaking.

salary earners, on the other hand, most likely may not need to change their location, all things being equal, if they earn enough to meet their basic needs.

I somewhat agree with you,but like I earlier stated,it would depend on the kind of business. Different businesses thrive well in different places,but moving from a place to another supposedly "would-thrive-better" business place,is it a guarantee for the much anticipated breakthrough?
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Profits is in direct proportion to POPULATION NUMBER and the WEALTH OF THE POPULATION!

Again a small town like Abaji and Ikoyi.... so far apart!

More profit from Ikoyi!
Less profit from Abaji!!
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by tpia5: 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
chux76:

I somewhat agree with you,but like I earlier stated,it would depend on the kind of business. Different businesses thrive well in different places,but moving from a place to another supposedly "would-thrive-better" business place,is it a guarantee for the much anticipated breakthrough?

most times, yes.

however, nothing is guaranteed, you have to go by probability meaning chances are higher in certain areas than others.

and then factor in other things that are important.
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by tpia5: 11:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
NubiLove: Profits is in direct proportion to POPULATION NUMBER and the WEALTH OF THE POPULATION!

Again a small town like Abaji and Ikoyi.... so far apart!

More profit from Ikoyi!
Less profit from Abaji!!

true that.

although i dont know where abaji is, i assume you mean a small town or rural area.
Re: Can One's Location Increase Chances Of Becoming Wealthy? by obowunmi(m): 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ question: location has little to nothing to do with success. A successful person is a problem solver. Where ever you find yourself, you will always see solutions.

Some Pastors have made money by exploiting the platform of religion... opportunities can be found anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Remotely Managing Your Business-innovate / How To Make Money From Lubricant Oil Production Business / Importing Stuffs And Collecting At Ports. Advice Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.