Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is Your Next Of Kin? (882 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
I use my mum as my next of kin, but my friend has a problem with dat saying I should use my younger siblings. So I want 2 know from NLs your view on 'the next of kin'?.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by KingOfNairaland: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ma Younger broda... It say's 'Next of Kin' i.e incase of any 'yawa' who can overtake u? And in d case where u don't have a younger one, ur mom can also act as one. Buh one's younger ones are most advisable
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by achinaboy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
am gonna be here till am 90,then i look for next of kin cool
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by greatgod2012(f): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
My hubby and im his too

anything wrong with this?
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
@GreatGod,same here.For me,that's the way it should be.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
greatgod2012: My hubby and im his too

anything wrong with this?

Nothing wrong with it but d question is can ur boyfriend or girlfriend be a next of kin?
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
achina boy: am gonna be here till am 90,then i look for next of kin cool
So what do u fill when it comes to that part in a form?
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by greatgod2012(f): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
dvdon:

Nothing wrong with it but d question is can ur boyfriend or girlfriend be a next of kin?

hmmm, bf/gf are based on uncertainty, while wife/hubby loooks more certain, except in some exceptional cases, which no one ever pray for.
As for your question, it depends on how certain you are as regards eventually becoming couple, but i wont advise my sister(if i have) to be involved in such, i would rather advise that you use one of your younger siblings, and later change it to your spouse after getting married.
May God help us all.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
From what I understand from some of ur coments which is eventually true, Next of kin should be given to someone you wish to inherit ur possession like a will so on this note, can wan state maybe a charity home as his next of kin?
KingOfNairaland: Ma Younger broda... It say's 'Next of Kin' i.e incase of any 'yawa' who can overtake u? And in d case where u don't have a younger one, ur mom can also act as one. Buh one's younger ones are most advisable
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Joebeck(f): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
My husby
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by obyikye(f): 8:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
my hubby.
I used my first daughter as my next of kin in some shares I bought because they somebody that succeed me when I am old.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by KingOfNairaland: 7:20am On Mar 13, 2013
dvdon: From what I understand from some of ur coments which is eventually true, Next of kin should be given to someone you wish to inherit ur possession like a will so on this note, can wan state maybe a charity home as his next of kin?
Of course, it's your thing. Feel free.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by blank(f): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2013
dvdon: From what I understand from some of ur coments which is eventually true, Next of kin should be given to someone you wish to inherit ur possession like a will so on this note, can wan state maybe a charity home as his next of kin?

It depends. Some organisations need to know who to report to or inform if something happens to you, etc. Some organisations do not inform your next of kin if you pass on so the next of kin has to be in the know, etc etc.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
blank:

It depends. Some organisations need to know who to report to or inform if something happens to you, etc. Some organisations do not inform your next of kin if you pass on so the next of kin has to be in the know, etc etc.
Exactly y I chose to use my mother as my next of kin 4 nw because its not all about who takes responsibility of ur possession but who is to be contacted incase of an incidence. This is a nice elaboration from d poster.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by victorian(f): 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
My hussy.

(1) (Reply)

Public Notice: Divorce: Cherita Okoro vs. Jude Okoro / Married At 13, Now 20, Woman Seeks Divorce, Husband Demands N300,000 / Does age really matters in marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.