Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model (1369 Views)

Toyota Prius 2006 A/C Problem / A/c Problem / Please Help! A/C Problem On A 2003 Honda Accord! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by barry06(m): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello house, the a/c of my sienna has giving prob for over a yr now. I ve changed compressor 6 times, valves, drier,vibrator,condenser,etc over and again. All to no avail. I ve bn persuaded to remove the thermostat. The cooling system has bn checked. After each effort at fixing it, it ll work for few Days or wk. Then i ll be back at zero again. Now am rlly tired. Am comtemplating selling d car... Everything in this ride is perfect. Just this a/c wahala.
Pls i need superior advice on how to overcome this Challenge. I ll rlly appreciate it.
Re: A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by mdautotec(m): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hello. What type of AC parts have you been using? Is it still factory or has it been converted using non-oem parts?
Ac systems are relatively straightforward.
You seem to have changed everything. Confirm the radiator and condenser fan are ok.
If ok I would assume the cooling reduces after a few days or a week? You may have a tiny leak in the system that is not being picked up.
If so, try to look at all the hoses, pipes and don't forget the evaporator assembly located behind/under the dashboard. This part is usually overlooked because it is the most difficult to access on quite a few vehicles. Some vehicles even require removal of the entire dashboard to replace the evaporator.
Also ensure all o-ring seals are replaced when replacing AC components.
Hope this helps!
Re: A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by barry06(m): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=md_autotec]Hello. What type of AC parts have you been using? Is it still factory or has it been converted using non-oem parts?
Ac systems are relatively straightforward.
You seem to have changed everything. Confirm the radiator and condenser fan are ok.
If ok I would assume the cooling reduces after a few days or a week? You may have a tiny leak in the system that is not being picked up.
If so, try to look at all the hoses, pipes and don't forget the evaporator assembly located behind/under the dashboard. This part is usually overlooked because it is the most difficult to access on quite a few vehicles. Some vehicles even require removal of the entire dashboard to replace the evaporator.
Also ensure all o-ring seals are replaced when replacing AC components.
Hope this helps!/quote. Thanks alot. I ll have my technician check on all hose n o rings first. Hopefully it ll work.
Re: A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by amdman: 7:09am On Mar 14, 2013
Your technician may even be the prob!

Many of them are not qualified to even handle refrigerator, not to talk of a modern car's cooling system.

I remember when I went to buy my explorer. After test-driving, I commented that the AC was not cooling and the dealer said it will be fixed before delivery. Car was delivered 2 days later and AC was good. Was driving about 2 months later when I perceived a smell and the AC stopped working. Used the car like that for another month and the compressor packed up one morning.

Eventually got a guy to check it out. His finding was that the AC was filled with fake gas and it has corrupted the entire system. He recommended a change of practically everything at about 66k. When he fixed it, he gave me 6months guarantee. 6 months have since come and gone and I have not called him, except to thank him for a job well done. My AC has 4 levels and on the hottest days in Lagos, I dont go beyond level 2!

Morale of the story? YOUR TECHNICIAN MATTERS!
Re: A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by bong4(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
AMDMAN nice write up.Please can you drop the name and contact of the guy that fixed yours so we can benefit from his services and expertise.
Re: A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by amdman: 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
bong4: AMDMAN nice write up.Please can you drop the name and contact of the guy that fixed yours so we can benefit from his services and expertise.

Hmmm... ok... the guy deserves a referral for a job well done. Name is Goshen - 08033531432.
Re: A/C Problem With My Seinna 02 Model by NamedEnna: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=barry06 post=14731183][/quote]

welldone..

On the AC wahala, what ultimately was the problem and was it fixed

(1) (Reply)

. / Please Recommend Good Oil For Nissan Altima 2005 / Floyd Mayweather Buys His Fourth Bugatti Veyron!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.