Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors (915 Views)

Aggrieved PDP Reps Member-elect Write President Buhari / Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / APC Woos Igala Sons, Daughters For Deputy Gov Position In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
APC woos aggrieved PDP governors
March 10, 2013 by ALLWELL OKPI 100 Comments
Buhari, Tinubu and Onu

Buhari, Tinubu and Onu
| credits:

The All Progressives Congress has expressed its preparedness to receive the Peoples Democratic Party governors sympathetic to the embattled Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, into its fold following the governors’ threats to leave the PDP.

The spokesmen for three of the four parties in the merger, who spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH, were optimistic that the governors and other PDP members would defect to APC as the crisis in the ruling party deepens.

The National Publicity Secretary of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Lai Mohammed, said it was only natural for politicians leaving the PDP to join the APC.

He, however, clarified that the merger neither initiated nor fuelled the crisis in the ruling party.

He said, “The four parties that formed APC–ACN, Congress for Progressive Change, All Nigeria Peoples Party, and All Progressives Grand Alliance – are not the architect of PDP’s problems. In fact, the crisis PDP is facing today predates the coming together of these four parties. But we will be the greatest beneficiaries of the disintegration of PDP.

“On our own, we have not set out to destabilise the PDP, what is happening now was bound to happen and our merger coming at this time is providing an alternative for disgruntled governors, who are unhappy with the way they have been treated in PDP.”

Mohammed said though none of the governors had officially begun discussion with APC, they would be welcomed if they wanted to join the merger.

“To the best of my knowledge, I’m not aware of any of them officially discussing with APC, but what I know is that some of them have openly declared that the coming of our merger is timely, because their scattered umbrella can no longer hold them. So, we have become the alternative for these governors,” he said.

Also, the National Publicity Secretary, of the CPC, Rotimi Fashakin, said the doors of APC were open to aggrieved PDP members.

He said, “Not just the governors, all those who have suffered oppression and the travesty of justice that is common in the PDP are welcome to join APC. It’s a political party, if they show interest, they will be welcomed.”

Similarly, the National Publicity Secretary of the ANPP, Emma Eneukwu, said the APC would woo the PDP governors, in order to swell its ranks.

“Politics is all about people and getting a state governor over is not a small thing. Even though I’m not aware of any ongoing discussions with the governors, I believe there could be some underground moves, but not to my knowledge yet. It is possible,” he said.

Last week, SUNDAY PUNCH reported that the PDP governors sympathetic to Amaechi were threatening to leave the PDP.

The governors reportedly resent the strong-arm tactics employed by President Goodluck and his men in their bid to take over the party machinery.

Defending the formation of the PDP Governors’ Forum, the Political Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, Ahmed Gulak, had said the forum under the leadership of Amaechi was being run like a trade union.

The Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Godswill Akpabio, had vowed that “Judases” in the party would be probed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-woos-aggrieved-pdp-governors/
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
[size=14pt]I think this is an opportunity for these corrupt PDP governors to become progressives.[/size]

1 Like

Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
The question is:

What would the new name of a merger of disgruntled PDP members and APC be? Or more importantly, will Nigerians be voting for PDP-APC or APC-PDP? undecided undecided undecided
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]I think this is an opportunity for these corrupt PDP governors to become progressives.[/size]

Lol, I am sure Alamieyeseigha, Bode George and co would also be welcome as soon as they become disgruntled. That effectively makes them progressive. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB:

Lol, I am sure Alamieyeseigha, Bode George and co would also be welcome as soon as they become disgruntled. That effectively makes them progressive. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
What an expensive joke! If it dare happens, then i withdraw my support for APC.
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 9:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: What an expensive joke! If it dare happens, then i withdraw my support for APC.

What is the difference between the disgruntled PDP members that APC is wooing and Bros Alams? Is it because those ones have not be caught, convicted, jailed and pardoned? Or because they are saints, like Tinubu and Buhari? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB:

What is the difference between the disgruntled PDP members that APC is wooing and Bros Alams? Is it because those ones have not be caught, convicted, jailed and pardoned? Or because they are saints, like Tinubu and Buhari? cheesy cheesy cheesy
They are innocent until proven guilty. grin
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by MrGarri1: 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
As long as Uduaghan and his likes aren't among them I think its ok...
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: They are innocent until proven guilty. grin

True. How about a pardoned convict? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mr. Garri.:
As long as Uduaghan and his likes aren't among them I think its ok...

I thought all PDP folks are bad? So there are still some good PDP people folk? Is it hypocrisy I'm sensing here?
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB:

True. How about a pardoned convict? grin grin cheesy cheesy
A pardoned convict is always a convict. No matter what he does to be like a saint, his name will never be written in gold. It is only in Nigeria ex convicts dines with the president. isn't it a shame pointB? cry
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by kelvincoll(m): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Is it the Party name "PDP" or her kind of members that makes it Evil? else i dont see any difference between the PDP and soon to be APC/ADC following recruitment of disgruntled PDP Govnors

1 Like

Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: A pardoned convict is always a convict. No matter what he does to be like a saint, his name will never be written in gold. It is only in Nigeria ex convicts dines with the president. isn't it a shame pointB? cry

Frankly I do not know the bolded for fact. And I certainly don't see everything in black and white. I also happen to trust Alams more than Tinubu and Buhari, and I don't think you will mind seeing Tinubu and Buhari dining with GEJ. But I bet, you will say Tinubu has not been convicted in the Nigeria court, but does that make him better than Alams?
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by MrGarri1: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB:

I thought all PDP folks are bad? So there are still some good PDP people folk? Is it hypocrisy I'm sensing here?

There are some Good fellas there......
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by PointB: 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mr. Garri.:

There are some Good fellas there......

Where? Among the disgruntled or ...? Care to mention names?
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by takedat(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Its a known fact that the Umbrella is scattered, and all its constituents are mired in mutually assured destructive wars. In a party made of more Judases than Disciples, APC seem to have found an opening in creating more distrust and division among them with this talk of approaching and welcoming disaffected members. Its a move aimed at dividing PDP the more!
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by MrGarri1: 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
PointB: Where? Among the disgruntled or ...? Care to mention names?

Amaechi and Chime don't seem to be doing badly...
Re: APC Woos Aggrieved PDP Governors by badassnigga(m): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
poli-tricking ...Gademit
undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Love GEJ - Buhari / Zoning Will Divide Nigeria, Says Tinubu (in 2010) / Child Marriage:ex-gov Saraki’s Wife Seeks Amendment Of Constitutional Provision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.