Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. (560 Views)

House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal / Jonathan’s Aide Disowns Okupe 's Comments On The Legislature / Ogun State Legislature And Excecutive In Public Debate Over 100b Naira Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. by YoshiMaster: 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
Take a look at the picture below depicting cars/drivers approaching a roundabout. I am actually using lekki as an example here, which looks right to you?

If you guessed the driving on the left, then you are of sound mind, but why oh why do Nigerians in mass keep driving like in the second diagram?

Why would all lanes want to merge to the left lane, cant the people on the middle and right lane see free space at the roundabout, but noooooooo, all man must enter left lane.

This is just one of numerous examples of the headaches of driving in naija. They have put lanes on the road, but to follow those lanes now is a different story.

Re: Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. by YoshiMaster: 10:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Meanwhile these are the new cop cars in yankee, nah wah!!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBL5k8Qu_Q[/flash]
Re: Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. by YoshiMaster: 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
I wonder how difficult it really would be to:

1. Have all cars in a database.
2. Give cars to lasma to chase offenders.
3. Have lasma issue tickets only so offenders can continue with life as usual, instead of follow me to the station
4. Have video cameras in cars of all lasma vehicles with microphones, to monitor everything they see, that should reduce their corruption.
Guys I can go on forever here..... I know I referred to LASMA alot, but the reasoning should be extended to every security and law enforcement outfit.
Re: Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. by Serendipity: 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
I'm at one with you on that. Here we don't examine people before drivers licences are issued.

Please, what we need is ''legislation'' NOT 'legislature'.
Fhanks.
Re: Why Are Naija Drivers Crazy? We Need Proper Driving Legislature And Enforcement. by YoshiMaster: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
Serendipity: I'm at one with you on that. Her we don't examine people people drivers licences are issued.

Please, what we need is ''legislation'' NOT 'legislature'.
Fhanks.

lol, thanks for the correction. I caught it too late, and I don't believe you can change the thread title, unless of course the omnipresent mods decide to help out.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Referendum 2014 / Still Talking About This "Oga At The Top" Phenomenal / Anambra/kogi Oil War! Why Has It Gone Silent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.