Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG (16212 Views)

Drama At NIMASA As Jauro Displaces Obi As Acting DG / NIMASA Gets Another Acting DG / Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by AlQaadir: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2013
The Federal Government, Tuesday, appointed the Director of Aerodrome Services, Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam, as the acting Director General of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA.

Nkemakonam is the most senior officer of the agency, following the removal of the former Director General of the agency, Dr. Harold Demuren, by the government.

This was even as stakeholders in the aviation industry yesterday flayed the Federal Government for sacking Dr Demuren, saying the excuses provided for sacking him were ‘’flimsy.’’

The stakeholders further said the Federal Government was wrong to have sacked Dr. Demuren, describing the action as being politically motivated.

Most of the stakeholders who spoke with Vanguard on the issue, were not happy over the decision to sack Demuren, as they contended that he deserved better treatment instead of being humiliated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/fg-appoints-acting-dg-for-ncaa/

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by OAM4J: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2013
I thought I read that his sack was as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders" yet another aviation stakeholders are complaining against his sack. How many aviation stakeholders do we have sef?

16 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by talktimi(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2013
grin 2nd to comment.
But wait o, how many "stake holders" does aviation have and which one do they want us to listen to ?
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by LagosStar: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2013
Not suprised a bit. Another Igbo man taking over from a Yoruba man. Well done Madam Minister. We siddon dey look o.

And some wonder why other ethnics dont want an Igbo man in Aso Rock.

Stakeholder pressure my foot!

8 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by talktimi(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos-Star:
Not suprised a bit. Another Igbo man taking over from a Yoruba man. Well done Madam Minister. We siddon dey look o.

if you watch the news, you would have heard that its the senate who pressured our presido to sack Demuren, let's leave ethnicity out of here. Besides Nkemwateva is just there in an acting capacity.

7 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by takedat(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
talktimi: if you watch the news, you would have heard that its the senate who pressured our presido to sack Demuren, let's leave ethnicity out of here. Besides Nkemwateva is just there in an acting capacity.
Didn't the NASS call for the sack of Otteh as well? Why didn't he bow to their pressure on that? Is he a doormat to the NASS or he is just being selective? A government sullied by nepotism and cronism!

16 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by AlQaadir: 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
OAM4J: I thought I read that his sack was as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders" yet another aviation stakeholders are complaining against his sack. How many aviation stakeholders do we have self?
I believe as Northerner (not far north)that Gej is really trying for this country though he may not be perfect but he is far better to all other head of states we had have in this Nation and any people criticizing him for his action is doing that because of his hatred to the man nothing else.
There are some people here that i personally observed that are agents of darkness trivialising what ever is coming from Gej but let me make it known to those people that no amount of intimidation can stop Gej and if any section of this country try any thing funny this country will be a history, i personally and many other senseble people from north has now seen who are our real enemies and their accomplice from the same south where Gej came from.
South west people should support the northern minorities as the Igbo's are doing rather than keep supporting the same people that wanted to exterminate them during military regime.
There is a battle going on now reason with your brain dudes

47 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by ypzilanti: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos-Star:

Don't worry he will soon pardon the sacked chairman. grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Ngwakwe: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam congratulations.

Remember, your enemies will want to lay banana spills on every side of your way just to see you fall.

Remain selfless and never discrimination when rendering your services to this country.

Be fair and honest, make sure things are done according to laid down rules, don't cut corners.

Eschew tribalism and nepotism but remember to balance the lopsided appointments of the past.

Be a Great Ambassador of your people

26 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by slimming: 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrats
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Ngwakwe: 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
When they Council of States were listing Nigerians to pardon, they completely skipped South Easterners for no just cause.

Anywhere, a commendable compensation I may say.

The journey of a thousand mile has just began.

Waiting for Next appointment on merit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by BeraBera(f): 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam? Isn't Joyce a name for females?

3 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by seunfly: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by agabaI23(m): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
OAM4J: I thought I read that his sack was as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders" yet another aviation stakeholders are complaining against his sack. How many aviation stakeholders do we have sef?

same question I asked.
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Decryptor(m): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos-Star:

The Yoruba man was not perfoming well and so he was kicked out for an Ibo man to perform better. We all know that various sectors which was piloted by yorubas were rotting away. So what's your problem or do you want to bring in your usual bigotry into this?

35 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Afam4eva(m): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
How do we know when an NCAA DG is performing. Are there pointers?

4 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by IGBOSON1: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: When they Council of States where listing Nigerians to pardon, they completely skipped South Easterners for no just cause.

Anywhere, a commendable compensation I may say.

The journey of a thousand mile has just began.

Waiting for Next appointment on merit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^He's acting, and a substantive DG is yet to be appointed. I hope they get an int'l recruitment agency to conduct it, so there'll be no accusations of 'nepotism' if an Igbo emerges in the end.

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos-Star:

since the civil war the yorubas has occupy all the position in evry ministry..hadly u wil see an igbo man now wen thy hear an igbo man being appointed they wil shout foul...wht wil need is federal charecter

5 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by TableLeg(m): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
talktimi: grin 2nd to comment.
But wait o, how many "stake holders" does aviation have and which one do they want us to listen to ?
A person, group or organisation that has interest or concern in an organisation!
There can be as many stakeholders as possible as long as they all have an interest or concern in an organisation!

Educate yourself.... Think outside of the box!
Jheeeeeeze
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by wawaboy1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
BeraBera: Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam? Isn't Joyce a name for females?
maybe the man is using his wife cert. to work. Any way congrats mr. Its our turn to shine

2 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by TableLeg(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
So a man goes by the name of "Joyce" too?! shocked
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Malawian(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
OAM4J: I thought I read that his sack was as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders" yet another aviation stakeholders are complaining against his sack. How many aviation stakeholders do we have sef?
who dashed them stakes? all these sit tight stake grabbers sef
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by kutchs: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos-Star:

Coming from a sworn and unrepentant tribalist like you am not surprised. That Nkemakolam is replacing Demuren is no big deal as the NCAA is not Demuren‘s bedroom nor is it Nkemakolam‘s. Govt offices and positions are what they are no permanent occupation. Demuren (even if I believe did so much for the aviation industry) has served out his ‘tenure‘ now it‘s Nkemakolam 2moro it may be Hassan or Edewor so give this tribal witch hunting a rest it wont win u many friends.

19 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Goddex: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
I thought Demuren was indicted over the Dana air crash?
Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by wawaboy1(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
BeraBera: Mr. Joyce Nkemakolam? Isn't Joyce a name for females?
e concern u. Abi na u born am

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
talktimi: if you watch the news, you would have heard that its the senate who pressured our presido to sack Demuren, let's leave ethnicity out of here. Besides Nkemwateva is just there in an acting capacity.
Acting and will soon be confirmed. . . .Ibo agenda

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by OneNaira6: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lagos-Star:

I knew something like what Lagos-Star said would surface here. SMH some SW forum are becoming very predictable and yet they call themselves the most educated. If I talk say them own tribalism, dey go ban me on this forum. I'll keep my mouth shut for now.

14 Likes

Re: FG Appoints Nkemakolam To Replace Demurin As NCAA Acting DG by OneNaira6: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
I have no opinion on his appointment until I see his work first. Congrats to him though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yerima Tipped To Be The Next Senate Majority Leader / IPPIS: PENGASSAN Declare Meeting With Government Inconclusive, Continue Strike / President Tinubu Arrives New York, United States, Ahead Of The 78th UNGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.