Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Overhead Walks On Two Legs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Overhead Walks On Two Legs (1018 Views)

Best Legs For Your Events / Maximize Your Profit With No Increased Overhead. / Born Without Hands But Uses Her Legs To Do Amazing Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overhead Walks On Two Legs by nairawall: 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
This saying completely changed my entire impression of employing people for a tech startup.

Most of us including me think that if we employ more hands we would move the business faster and increase revenue but sadly this is not really true. Most startups need more time and commitment to succeed. If you don't have a venture capitalist funding you, then it is usually best you do it yourself until the business becomes profitable enough to employ more hands.

This is the singular reason Dealfish.com.ng and Mocality.com.ng couldn't survive the Nigeria market. It is also reason why Nairalist.com couldn't keep going even when the prospect was there.

It's always harder to get rid of employees than it is to employ them. Business is not mathematics where 1 + 2 = 3.
Re: Overhead Walks On Two Legs by Seun(m): 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
That's not the reason why we froze Nairalist, though. We froze because it opportunity cost of further investment in Nairalist was too high.
Re: Overhead Walks On Two Legs by Olugbenger(m): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
Seun: That's not the reason why we froze Nairalist, though. We froze because it opportunity cost of further investment in Nairalist was too high.
noted!
Re: Overhead Walks On Two Legs by hottprince: 6:15pm On Mar 14, 2013
Well Mr. Seun if u'll like to sell nairalist I'll be willing to buy.
Re: Overhead Walks On Two Legs by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
FROZE?

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know That Mobile Number Portibility Begins On Monday? / True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites / How GTB Wants To Ruin My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.