Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,262 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award (9580 Views)

Poll: p-square's do me video and jimmy jatt&co's video

p-square do me video: 61% (42 votes)
dj jimmy jatt&co stylee video: 38% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

M.i's Album "The Chairman" Number One (worldwide) On Hip Hop In Itunes / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? / P-Square: Peter & Paul Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by benedo(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2008
eeeeooo!, oh boy, P square just 'mbarrased me with this childish, immature tantrum lipsrsealed,make me feel very ashmed of being their fan.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by gidig(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
P-square were deluded by the fact that they used a 35mm camera to shoot the video, in which nothing but a bunch of rump-shkaing girls were dancing to their 'music'. What is the great concept behind the video? In Visual Communication, there is the concept and execution. The execution is good but the concept was non existent. I imagine that they gathered aroung the 35mm camera, bowing before it telling themsleves they have won the award for that matter. So many other Nigerians have followed suit-the 35mm madness that is. That is wha is causing the wahala and Jude referred specifically to the video of stylee. I was going to refer to the playtime stylee got on MTV base to buttress my point but some one has gracefully done that.

The Nigerian awards-any awards for that matter-will be questionable, except you have not been around long enough.FRom the Oscars to the Grammies, you will wonder why. We all cant win. I persoannly felt that Asa's video should have won the category that Jude is contesting so much but as someone said, she realesed it so late and Stylee was all over the place.

To P-Square fans, I think that they are great performing artistes and almost ordinary musician. They are realy taking their perceived status more than it really is. They are not that great. There are more talented artistes in Nigeria and at that award. I am not a big fan theirs but I can tolerate them. The yoruba awards thing will come to affect the ways people will now see them. Those who like them prolly do so for other values apart from their ethnicity and they should have kept it that way except they want to be performing for their ethnic group alone.

Artistes come and artistes go. It is only musicians that will stay.

To the guy that said Asa is not all that, I disgaree with you and so do hundreds of people who enjoy seeing ehr sing without half aked girls shaking their back side in the camera.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2008
gidig:

P-square were deluded by the fact that they used a 35mm camera to shoot the video, in which nothing but a bunch of rump-shkaing girls were dancing to their 'music'. What is the great concept behind the video? In Visual Communication, there is the concept and execution. The execution is good but the concept was non existent. I imagine that they gathered aroung the 35mm camera, bowing before it telling themsleves they have won the award for that matter. So many other Nigerians have followed suit-the 35mm madness that is. That is wha is causing the wahala and Jude referred specifically to the video of stylee. I was going to refer to the playtime stylee got on MTV base to buttress my point but some one has gracefully done that.

The Nigerian awards-any awards for that matter-will be questionable, except you have not been around long enough.FRom the Oscars to the Grammies, you will wonder why. We all can't win. I persoannly felt that Asa's video should have won the category that Jude is contesting so much but as someone said, she realesed it so late and Stylee was all over the place.

To P-Square fans, I think that they are great performing artistes and almost ordinary musician. They are realy taking their perceived status more than it really is. They are not that great. There are more talented artistes in Nigeria and at that award. I am not a big fan theirs but I can tolerate them. The yoruba awards thing will come to affect the ways people will now see them. Those who like them prolly do so for other values apart from their ethnicity and they should have kept it that way except they want to be performing for their ethnic group alone.

Artistes come and artistes go. It is only musicians that will stay.

To the guy that said Asa is not all that, I disgaree with you and so do hundreds of people who enjoy seeing ehr sing without half aked girls shaking their back side in the camera.

first with your surmission it seems like you r into the cameras and stuffs,why is it that there arent as much of these 35mm cameras, if i recollect the cameras are not more than 8000-10,000 pounds sterling and considering all the hummers and range rover and houses these guys are buying i reckon it ll be chicken change to any of them to even buy 2 single handedly, then the second comment is that if you read my post i didnt say asa was not talented and as a matter of fact i admire what she is doing ill say it again and what i am saying is that she is not unique or original, the truth is bitter but i have evidence and that evidence is for you to check out a tracy chapman video and track,the use of acoustics,guitar and the look and you ll see an uncanny resemblance bearing in mind tracey chapman came years before asa, even one time when she was interviewed on ait one time she was specifically asked if tracey chapman was her inspiration and she said no, obviously she wouldnt say yes she was copying smone else.
now is the right time for her to ride on the back of her sucess and explore original concepts and merge it with her music and create something new especially as we all agree she has talent and we both agree like u said that she has not even hundreds buth tens of thousand perhaps millions of fans but she should not be in that comfort zone and be brave, and explore, dats wat makes timberland who he is,dr dre,even gwen stefani with her millions yodelling and it worked, jay z and linking park amongst many example
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tosinadeda: 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2008
Asa is not unique?
Lord av mercy!
There wil always be critics! Cos i dnt understand wut u mean by sayn asa isnt original
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by mrmetoo(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2008
P-Square should really stop their whining. As it has been repeated over and over again in this thread they're good commercial artistes but let them not get that twisted for being great musicians. They might be good enough to be nominated for 15 awards sef but not good enough to win one. It just takes one other artist to be better than u to lose an award. Awards are not giving depending on how many u were nominated for.

As for Asa, I think she has managed to create her own style, nothing is new under the sun but I think she has managed to blend a lot of styles together to make her own. Diff ppl compare her to diff ppl, some say Tracy Chapman, some India Arie, some Corrine Bailey Rae, so its a lot going on there but I think she has made her own
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
i meant she is not original because she s doing what someone else has already made a sucess of , the concept of sittn down the guita,acoustics, singing in monotone to guitar strings.the dressing even hair style every single thing is all tracey chapman,am i the only one who listens to tracey chapman??
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2008
As for Asa, I think she has managed to create her own style, nothing is new under the sun but I think she has managed to blend a lot of styles together to make her own. Diff people compare her to diff people, some say Tracy Chapman, some India Arie, some Corrine Bailey Rae, so its a lot going on there but I think she has made her own

ill agree she created that style in nigeria but its by no means hers, im not hating on asa or not taking cognizance of her work,im onli trying to put things in perspective because even though i lv asa i also listen to tracey as well and i v compared everything and listened to people india arie and corrine bailey rae came later but tracey was the beginning both india arie and colline bailey carved out their own thing from the tracey c concept making them unique thats what i wish asa would do as well
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by MojiEsther(f): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ Olayokun,

Peter and Paul are not dumb ass twins, if they were they wouldnt be on top of their game with so much reward more than whoever you are a fan of

@ n-guage,
1. Psquare, not Pqueer, queer!
2. Like a million dummies buy their album? Plzzzz

@ Chiogo,

Mode 9
Asa
Lagbaja
Yinka Davies
Ara
DBang
and the least goes on, are all real artistes
Hit the internet or ask your peeps over here to send you some C.Ds.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Uche2nna(m): 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2008
Peter and Paul are not dumb ass twins

I agree with u. Commercial success or not , they have shown that they are not a "one album group".

And honestly, I am at loss at the claim of thier non-originality. I have listened to most of thier track from e don happen to Omoge mi. Can someone tell me whose songs were sampled and when? undecided Just curious
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by gidig(m): 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2008
@lucabrasi

Nope. I am not into cameras. Lets just say I work in the creative industry and I read stuffs. Since the advent of HD Digital Camera, there have been battles about which is better between the 35mm Camera (known by many as celluloid) and the digital Camera. This post from another site by Ayo Shonaiya should be a great read- and it was posted before the HIp hop awards: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=22540343544

[b]I am sick and tired, not to talk of embarrassed, by the new craze in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Yes folks, never thought I'll see the day when shooting on 35mm IS the main focus in a film or music video. Only in Nigeria!

I have noticed the new trend of shooting music videos on 35mm by Nigerian artistes over the past year, and although it's not a bad idea, why do they make noise over what format or gauge it was shot? Is that little information supposed to generate more than usual interest in the video, or these artistes are just trying to flex and brag about how much money they spent on the video?

The most expensive video ever was for the song Scream by Michael Jackson (ft. Janet Jackson), can anyone tell me the difference between that video and D'Banj's Why Me, or Soul E Baba Dey Here? Besides, how many units did Michael sell on the HIStory album that was credited to the fact that Scream was shot for $7m? MC Hammer shot the video for Too Legit To Quit for close to $5m, less than 3 years later he was bankrupt!

In the last year, we've seen the likes of P Square (Do Me), Ikechukwu (Wind Am Well) and even Sammie Okposo shoot music videos on 35mm, good videos no doubt but shouldn't music videos be judged on the concept (and song) and the art direction? If you're looking for creative concepts in videos, check out Kween's Come With Me and Jobele, and of course Gino's No Be God and Asa's Fire On The Mountain.

I swear, 35mm is the new Hummer Jeep, everybody wants one! As it happens, the effizy kings of Nigeria, Kenny and D1, who tuned Nigerians in to the Hummer Jeep craze were the first cats to hype music videos on the cost and also claiming to have painted a whole aircraft in Kennis Music colours for Eddie Montana's video. Where is Eddie now? I think I better leave dat one.

Just like most things Nigerian in the entertainment world, we tend to make a lot of noise about unnecessary features; so and so artiste's wardrobe was imported from Germany, hey, but he's singing crap but who cares, I say his jacket was specially flown in by Gunther Jacketmaker himself!

Shooting on 35mm is good if you can afford it, or know how to use it for that matter, it does not however make your video the best or anything special if your concept is not tight. If you can afford to shoot 35mm and produce a good video, the good video part is what we should applaud, not the fact that it was shot on film, or it cost so and so amount to make, or it was taken to Los Angeles to edit, you can edit as good an hour away in Ghana.

It brings to mind the on-going debate about how big the Nigerian film industry is but we don't make film, the Nigerian delegation to Cannes Film Festival went to France last year and threw the best party to celebrate Nollywood and there was not one Nigerian film entry at the festival! But hey, we threw the biggest krunking party, yes sir, Nigeria we hail thee!

Jeta Amata (my good friend) made a film, The Amazing Grace, on 35mm and the whole publicity for the film was anchored on it being the first Nollywood film on 35mm, like we should all rush to the theatres now now now. Abeg, pleeease, stop telling me what format you shot your video on, I can see it on screen, it's like telling me your car runs on unleaded or diesel, who cares.

A little Film 101 for all the 35mm "wannashoots" out there, It's all about the LENS and LIGHTING! You can get crisp pictures with a good HD body and some cool Canon lens for a quarter of the cost of shooting and developing 35mm, unless the South African guys are giving you rock bottom bargains (which I doubt, they know you don't know). 35mm is industry standard for film set for theatrical release (the big screen), music videos are often set for television (the small screen). If you want to shoot on film, you can shoot on 16mm or even 8mm if you want to really rough it. Your fans don't really know the difference between video and 35mm, all they want to see is YOU, the artiste, because they love you, they want to see you dance, sing, rap, show off your 12-packs (note to P Square) and so on, please stop insulting their intelligence by telling them what you shot the video with or how much it cost, even though it's true, let us enjoy you and your art.

My ultimate insult upon injury came this morning when I visited Linda Ikeji's blog and saw a piece about Kingsley Ogoro (Usofia in London) who just bought a 35mm camera. Not only was he telling us how much he bought the camera for (N6m), he said he didn't want to join the 'bandwagon' before, and that he just bought the camera now because the 'spirit' directed him to do so. Kingsley totally finished me by saying he believes [buying the camera] "is a great plus for the Nigerian entertainment industry"! There was not one mention of improving storylines, art direction or production in general. I guess Kanayo O Kanayo growling on celluloid is a sure-banker Oscar winner next year then.

To cap it all, Linda sef added her own stroke of the cane by ending the article with "35mm is currently one of the most advanced cameras in the world". Chineke God!

I rest my case.

Ayo Shonaiya, Filmmaker[/b]

As for Asa, this is my answer that has been said: every musician is influenced by so many other musician. The dreadlocks and guitar does not make her exactly Tracy Chapman.Maybe in terms of look but definitely not musically. Asa is more soul (even raggae as in 'Fire on the mountain').
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2008
i really enjoyed the ayo sonaiya article ,i have met the man a couple of times and actually have his phone number might actually hook up with him now because i never knew he was soo into the technical aspect of movie/film making,i agree wholeheartedly about the kenny and d1 influences albeit negative on the music video, imagine the debate we are having now solely hinged on who se video was shot in s.a and nigeria and how much it cost im sure so many people that voted for these videos actually did for the hype and not the artistic contents of it.
thinking of doing a year study on movie/film making sort of a skill update,thats why i was asking you about the camera thing.

i dont want to over flog the asa issue but i suggest you listen to tracy and asa and see the diffrences transcend looks but musically as well, as far as they r both concerned soul music is all about tracey and even the reggea influence combined with the simple acoustic combinations and its all tracey chapman, im not just talking i have listened to them both and i do almost everyday including today, lets not be patriotic and be honest and unbiased however i agree musicsians no matter where have diff influences and thanks for the article, realli educative and gave an insight into the whole issue
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by chiogo(f): 12:55am On Mar 27, 2008
MojiEsther:

@ Chiogo,

Mode 9
Asa
Lagbaja
Yinka Davies
Ara
DBang
and the least goes on, are all real artistes
Hit the internet or ask your peeps over here to send you some C.Ds.
K. . . . . i know Dbanj, Lagbaja, and modenine. . . thanx tho.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 1:49am On Mar 27, 2008
if we are to go by the polls we have here,most people seem to support p-square about them having a better video than stylee's why are most people dis agreeing with them then?was just wondering,
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Echeozo(m): 6:00am On Mar 27, 2008
[
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by Modups1(f): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2008
peter & paul need to grow up and stop whinning about yoruba awards or watever
they r good we know but i prefer stylee video & i voted for it
did they encourage thier fans to vote or where they just basking in d euphoria of shooting videos in south africa and thinking they will cart away all d awards??
abeg make i hear word
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lalaboi(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2008
why should dey be nominated in the 1st place

wen dey have an album wit copied beats!

they always copy! ahan!
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by MojiEsther(f): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2008
chiogo:

K. . . . . i know Dbanj, Lagbaja, and modenine. . . thanx tho.

You are welcome.

@ steroid 101

Nice article by Ayo Shonaiya. They'll soon stop running to South Africa. You know the way our Nigerian Entertainers are,

Quote from gidig:"Artistes come and artistes go. It is only musicians that will stay."

WORD!

Another quote from gidig: "To the guy that said Asa is not all that,  I disgaree with you and so do hundreds of people who enjoy seeing ehr sing without half aked girls shaking their back side in the camera."

Kare Lai!
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by djcrucifix(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2008
they are sorry arse losers
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by YourFather: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2008
Hi all, this is the way I see it.

Although Ayo wrote a nice peice, the reality is people will always respond to something they feel is expensive and that no other one can reach or will find it hard to reach it.

The fact is before P-Sqaure shot on 35mm, it was a big deal in Nigeria, now its done, we all are back to checking videoes for their originality and the way they make us feel. P-Sqaure did the right thing to hype their work, don't forget this is the entertainment business and a lot of the interest is generated by effizy! A good example is P Diddy and Jay-z.

The problem occures when effizy is not backed by talent. Nigeria is a very good example of where effizy mostly surpasses talent, I mean check the top acts from a money making angle and what do we find, a lot of Artiste that you can't put their CDs on repeat, because they only have one or two good track on their album. People will get wiser by the day, just as the 35mm crazie will pass.

On the issue of Stylee winning over Do me, that is just a shame at the first glance, as Do me was a way better video. stylee had one good shot (the 2face shot), while on the other hand you can't really fault Do me. Having said that, I think encouraging Naija acts to leave the country to shoot a video will be sending out the wrong message, maybe that was the line of thought of the organisiers, in that case it shouldn't have been nominated in the first place.

Do me should have own, it was simply the best video last year.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2008
nicely summed up,
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by woodboi(m): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2008
@MojiEsther

who told you mode 9 is unique you have to listen to jay-z
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 6:56pm On Mar 27, 2008
woodboi:

@MojiEsther

who told you mode 9 is unique you have to listen to jay-z
you got it in one, to the extent of his last vid, was soo pissed of
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by A40(m): 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2008
Wande Coal clearly deserved the award who is Gt d Guitarman sef?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by judeokoye1(m): 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2008
I sincerely do not feel bad about the negative opinions from facebook users about Ayeni's write up because it has been based on what Ayeni and Co have written about how psquare responded towards their not collecting an award from all nominations. It is good to note that you should never conclude a judgement before hearing from both sides. I am not going to make this an issue but I respect your opinions and I think that at this point I deem it necessary to let you know what took place after the award and how Psquare responded after the awards.

I would like to ask some questions though before I lay stress on this conflicting issue at hand

1. Why was PSquare never mentioned on HIP TV that they were billed to perform on the hiphop world award day when they have been invited from inception?

2. Why was Psquare's past winnings and footages not mentioned when they were showing the nominees of the 2008 hiphop world award with the past winners of same categories?

3. HUMILITY: Talking about humility, why was Psquare the only 'A' listing artiste that attended the nominees party?
Also under humility, after not winning any of the awards on that fateful day, Psquare was still called upon to perform, which they humbly went back stage for and got set ONLY for Sasha and Dakore to start giving vote of thanks, praying that everyone gets home safe, even as the hall got almost empty, they still called on Psquare to get on stage to perform which they still humbly did.

Now tell me, what level of humility are you people talking about? Ayeni said something about kids and Psquare at the airport. This is the first time I am hearing this, likewise yourselves I believe. Was it something that happened recently, or something that happened in the past? The only time we were at the airport with Ayeni was in 2006 when we went to London for the Mobo awards. My fellow readers, as professional journalist that has guts as claimed, why was this not reported at the time it happened if it ever happened? why is it now? If Psquare can get on stage after not winning an award, and if Psquare can perform in an almost emptied hall discarded by the organizers vote of thanks, Tell me realistically if Psquare are capable of doing such at the airport.

4. The Call: He claimed that Peter gave him a call. Ayeni was right. Yes Peter (Psquare) called Ayeni because he got back home from an award he went for with high hopes disappointed and decided to seek for advice from a supposed journalist friend knowing fully well from experience that other journalists and reporters would start trooping in for comments about the awards that they did not win because my fellow readers, whether you believed it or not, everybody (both in the hall and non attendants) were surprised that Psquare did not win an award from 5 nominations. Peter put a call to a supposed friend (Ayeni) to seek for his 'candid opinion' to enable him (peter) answer questions correctly when the press starts calling for comments and interviews.

Fellow readers, even as I write you this, I am still confused on why the supposed trusted friend (AYENI) could answer Peters questions with such personal negativity on news papers and also on the internet.

5. TRIBALISM: God knows I never tribalized the outcome of the hiphop world award. I was only against giving the best video to Stylee from DJ TEE. If 'Do me' video wasn’t good enough to be the winner in that category, was Asa's video not good enough? if not, was Sasha's video or Ty Bello's not also good enough too? Why must they stoop that low to STylee? All these mentioned nominees are all yorubas. So why was I quoted as being tribalistic? They are the press; ( AYENI & AYO ANIMASHAUN) they own the print media so can as well print whatever they like .
Secondly, best album of the year. And they said that the winner was Asa. If we are to believe that the criteria for winning is based on general acceptability like they said (HIPHOP WORLD AWARD COMMITEE), Tell me the honest truth, if you take a walk from door to door in your neighbourhood and take a censors count of Nigerian artistes albums in every 100 household, I bet that you would come out with an average of 10 Psquare's 'Game over' Album, 10 2Faces 'Grace 2 grace' album and 10 Faze's 'Independent' album. How many of Asa's recent album 'ASA' will be picked? Taking a trip to the nooks and crannies of this country, north, south, east and west, where all these albums are believed were patronized, everybody can identify Psquare, Faze and 2face's albums and can sing from track 1 to the last track. How many people including you can sing or identify all ASA's recent album tracks? Talk of general acceptability.

To conclude, if there should be any negative response amounting from this current issues, I think that all should be addressed to me, because from the day of the award till date, Psquare have not said anything concerning the outcome of the hip-hop world award. As far as I am concerned, this is all about a betrayal from a supposed friend whom Peter confided in as a publicist that is reminding us about what happened to Idris Abdul Kareem a fellow artiste whom they marred.

IDRIS ABDULKAREEM: Hip-hop world magazine, designed Idris Abdul Kareem on the front page of their magazine with horns representing a demon forgetting that he is a brother that needs an advice and guideline to carry on with his career, as we all know that celebrity status easily gets into people’s head. Ayo Animashaun, the owner of the said magazine instead, portrayed him as a demon with two horns on his head on the front page of hip-hop world magazine. I bet that they are all glad now that he is no more in the music scene as he is supposed to.

Is Psquare their NEXT TARGET?

WHO GOD HAS BLESSED NO MAN CAN CURSE.

Please go back and read what AYENI wrote about Psquare and make your judgement.

PETER: ‘Ayeni I want you to tell me the truth. What is your opinion of what happened last Saturday?’

AYENI: Because I don’t like mincing words, I told him straightaway: ‘I’m disappointed in you guys. I think you are bad losers’.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by adesodgi(m): 8:18pm On Mar 27, 2008
wATeVa He LikEs LeT hIm WrItE, gOoD oR bAd. . .I dOnT cAre, My JUdGeMeNt Is BaSeD On WhAt I knoW. pEtEr AnD pAuL, thOsE gUyZ ArE GoInG pLaCeS. . . .nIgERiA aS a WhOle CaNt CoMPeTe WiTh ThOsE duDeS. . . . .CoNcErNiNg ViDEo cLiPs,ThEy ArE ThE BeSt. . .WhEn iT cOmEs To IgBeDU tHeY tAP. . .wOt eLse.

ThEy ArE ThE pHySiCaL DeFiNiTioN Of eNtERtAiNmeNT, LeAvE iT ThAt WAy!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by bluehorizo(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2008
@judeokoye

Leave ASA out of this mess. She deserves some respect and who told you that she is not WIDELY ACCEPTED?
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by vicade(m): 8:46pm On Mar 27, 2008
35mm or no 35mm, even stevie wonder can see that p-square do me video was better than stylee.

GT THE GUITARMAN should have won not wande coal but wandes affiliation with dbanj and co made him a popular choice. you can
check out GT at stormsrecords video website http://stormnigeria.com/music/videos.php?vid=18
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by vicade(m): 8:47pm On Mar 27, 2008
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2008
vicade:

35mm or no 35mm, even stevie wonder can see that p-square do me video was better than stylee.

GT THE GUITARMAN should have won not wande coal but wandes affiliation with dbanj and co made him a popular choice. you can
check out GT at stormsrecords video website http://stormnigeria.com/music/videos.php?vid=18

thank you very much for that exactly wat i v been saying, i dont follow nigerian music artise that much but even i know gt s done much more work,he has more albums and acceptance than wande coal, what happens if wande coal doesnt do well in his next album bearing in mind you r as good as your last album in show biz and if that is really true about the afiliation then i repeat again that that ll be a real shame

@mr jude okoye
im not tryna make you say anything controversial but seeing as you r prolly the onli party concerned on here would you mind commenting on wat vicade said now and did you think that might be a factor to why you guys didnt win as well and discounting the yoruba award statement dyu think there is really some groups of people running things as opposed to the awards?

also im sure a lot of people will agree with me that even though you have said a lot about how unfair hip hop world has been unfair to p square but there must be a reason for that,could you tell us what reason/reasons that might be to give us an insight into whats happening because at the end of the day we have only read the papers and your own side of the story

5. TRIBALISM: God knows I never tribalized the outcome of the hiphop world award. I was only against giving the best video to Stylee from DJ TEE. If 'Do me' video wasn’t good enough to be the winner in that category, was Asa's video not good enough? if not, was Sasha's video or Ty Bello's not also good enough too? Why must they stoop that low to STylee? All these mentioned nominees are all yorubas. So why was I quoted as being tribalistic? They are the press; ( AYENI & AYO ANIMASHAUN) they own the print media so can as well print whatever they like .
Secondly, best album of the year. And they said that the winner was Asa. If we are to believe that the criteria for winning is based on general acceptability like they said (HIPHOP WORLD AWARD COMMITEE), Tell me the honest truth, if you take a walk from door to door in your neighbourhood and take a censors count of Nigerian artistes albums in every 100 household, I bet that you would come out with an average of 10 Psquare's 'Game over' Album, 10 2Faces 'Grace 2 grace' album and 10 Faze's 'Independent' album. How many of Asa's recent album 'ASA' will be picked? Taking a trip to the nooks and crannies of this country, north, south, east and west, where all these albums are believed were patronized, everybody can identify Psquare, Faze and 2face's albums and can sing from track 1 to the last track. How many people including you can sing or identify all ASA's recent album tracks? Talk of general acceptability.

i have to say i agree with that paragraph as well in as much as im not a big fan of p square i think there r more people that deserve the best album of the year than asa,ill have thought faze for bringing in same thing as asa i.e smthing new but at the same time being widely accepted,came out like a bomb and has being going from strenght to strenght

bluehorizo:

@judeokoye

Leave ASA out of this mess. She deserves some respect and who told you that she is not WIDELY ACCEPTED?

she is widely accepted but faze or 2 face even p quare deserves the award more based on the criteria he listed in the last paragraph
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by YourFather: 1:59am On Mar 28, 2008
At Jude: That was well written and well said.

As per Asa: What is the big deal, so she sings slow with some good words, how many people actually play her when they want to have a good time. A lot Nigerian like to feel upper class, hence they hear the Asa hype and jump on the band wagon. The fact is she is no Alicia Keys. Nigerian people love to dance and a good party jam would always be more popular.

I can't really see why she would win over 2face, his album was simply off the hook, bought at least ten and had it on repeat in the car and so do many people I know. I bought 2 Asa cds and I can't get past a few tracks.

Asa is a good artiste and I think there is more to come from her.

Does she deserve the Album of the year? No! And neither do P-square.

Do me video on the other hand, was simply the best last year, it even introduced a new dance step.
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by tRoOE(f): 4:37am On Mar 28, 2008
We can't denial that fact that psquare makes good videos but that doesn't mean they deserved an award. A good video need to have a good concept, which obviously they didn’t have

The do me video is iight, just a bunch of males and females dancing together, can someone tell me what the song means, expect sexual things. do me ko do me ni, rubbish song
Re: P Square Controversial Comment On Hip Hip World Award by lucabrasi(m): 4:49am On Mar 28, 2008
tRoOE:

We can't denial that fact that psquare makes good videos but that doesn't mean they deserved an award. A good video need to have a good concept, which obviously they didn’t have

The do me video is iight, just a bunch of males and females dancing together, can someone tell me what the song means, expect sexual things. do me ko do me ni, rubbish song

you are right on that but what s actually got me thinking is the allegation about the whole politics and the whole mini mafia going on in the awards, are they sayn them d banj are sorta running things ro there r some ppl running things,i posed a few questions to the jude dude but he hasnt replied them at least to clear the air if its true thaen that ayo animashaun guy has got to be a realli foolish person to stain a brand he has been building for years with this sort of scandal, most of the songs dont realli mean much anyway i.e dbanj and somethn anaconda bla bla,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Fifth Harmony - Angel / Reekado Banks Ft Tiwa Savage & Fiokee – "Like" (audio) / Mayorkun Biography | Real Name | Date Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.