Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water (23954 Views)

15 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water More / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer / Drinking Water First Thing In The Morning And Its Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by ckkris: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
yuzedo: Op, bro, can water made me looked like Denzell Washing-tin? sad I hope i wont PISS in bed! angry Pls advice, cheers. undecided

Fact is: the more you drink water or any liquid, the more you piss. So start drinking from 6 am and stop by 7 pm. And sip water from time to time, not just stay one place and down 1litre.Thats the one that has side effects.
And manage how you drink water when travelling.
Everyone must master his body needs by experience.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Costa2000(m): 6:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thanks op,as from now less beer and more water.

1 Like

Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by ckkris: 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
sanb: I might be wrong, but I’ve never heard of any negative effect...If there are any, you can enlighten us; cos I’ll like to know....It’s all about knowledge; of which we learn something new everyday... smiley

Some say its not right to form the habit of drinking up to one litre at a time. Reason is that when the heart fluctuates,it may not be able to pump the increased volume of blood that excess water creates.
Please ask a physician.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
jamp:

i disagree. i drink alot and i noticed i ve been puting on weight.
Check urself. Its not the water it is the food u consume b4 drinking the water.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by BeautyFULL85(f): 6:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
yuzedo: Op, bro, can water made me looked like Denzell Washing-tin? sad I hope i wont PISS in bed! angry Pls advice, cheers. undecided

Trust me nigga, water wont be d only reason u can't look like D. Washington. But ur crap English will ensure dat!

2 Likes

Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by ckkris: 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
Costa2000: Thanks op,as from now less beer and more water.

Fact is: beer and all alcohol cause dehydration, and the best way to rehydrate the body is to drink water.
Fact again: drinking water to keep the body constantly hydrated removes the crave for other srimulants, that advertisers lies make people believe are enjoyment. All stimulants are harmful, thats why Govts are now banning them.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by SHARA33: 6:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
smiley that is exactly why i look so bodically fit now that you know....i no know no dey oooo
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Years(m): 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
ckkris:

If you continue up to five years you will definitely notice changes and improvements in many areas of life.
I noticed a healing of my sinus, healing of esophageal pains in my back, improved breathing that creates energy, easy bowel movement, clear thinking and good concentration. No headaches, no body pains.
Above all this and more, water is very cheap and accessible.
[quote author=ckkris

pLS I JUST WANT TO knOW iF GETTING NATURALLY THIRSTY IS NORMAL WETHER WHEN YOU EAT OR NOT? THANKS
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by BrutusOj(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2013
Water for life,anoda way u can consume much water is tru fruits like water melon,vry gud for d body
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Andykuul: 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
aurenflani:

Very true if you add burantashi in the glass of water but only after you've filled your stomach with food.
What is burantashi?sad....could it b palmwine?...heard it makes one last longercheesy
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by seekingtruth(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
[quo ;Dte author=ilelabola]Top 17 Functions & Health Benefits of Drinking Water
1. Composes 75% of your brain.
2. Regulates your body temperature.
3. Makes up 83% of your blood.
4. Makes up 75% of your muscles.
5. Composes 22% of your bones.
6. Helps convert food into energy.
7. Removes waste and toxins.
8. Helps your body absorb nutrients.
9. Moistens oxygen for breathing.
10. Cushions your joints.
11. Helps carry nutrients and oxygen to your cells.
12. Improves your productivity at work.
13. Natural remedy for headache.
14. Relieves fatigue and improves your mood.
15. Reduces the risk of cancer.
16. Improves your performance during exercises.
17. Makes you look younger and healthier.

www.facebook.com/basicknowledgeandwisdom[/quote]Water thou art and to water thou return
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by rodeo0070(m): 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
sylvia.maurice@:
Thereis no -ve effect on drinking excess H20 cheesy

I think you might wanna read this:
Water intoxication, also known as
water poisoning or dilutional
hyponatremia, is a potentially fatal
disturbance in brain functions that
results when the normal balance of
electrolytes in the body is pushed
outside safe limits (e.g., hyponatremia)
by overhydration (i.e., over-
consumption of water).
Under normal circumstances,
accidentally consuming too much water
is exceptionally rare. Nearly all deaths
related to water intoxication in normal
individuals have resulted either from
water drinking contests in which
individuals attempt to consume large
amounts of water, or long bouts of
intensive exercise during which
electrolytes are not properly
replenished, yet huge amounts of fluid
are still consumed.[1] Moreover, water
cure, a method of torture in which the
victim is forced to consume excessive
amounts of water, can cause water
intoxication.
Water, just like any other substance,
can be considered a poison when over-
consumed in a specific period of time.
Water intoxication mostly occurs when
water is being consumed at a high
quantity without giving the body its
proper nutrients it needs to be healthy.
Excess of body water may also be a
result of a medical condition or
improper treatment; see
" hyponatremia" for some examples.

Notable cases
Leah Betts died on November 16,
1995 as the result of drinking too
much water, though in the media her
death was initially attributed to
taking an ecstasy tablet at her 18th
birthday party.
On September 12, 1999, US Air Force
basic trainee Micah J. Schindler died
of heat stroke, severely complicated
by water intoxication, two days after
becoming seriously ill during a 5.8
miles (9.3 km) march. The Air Force
changed its recruit training
procedures as a result.
On June 9, 2002, 4-year-old
Cassandra Killpack of Springville,
Utah died as a result of water
intoxication when her parents
forcefully fed her as much as one US
gallon (3.8 l) of water in a short
period while she was being
disciplined. Her mother, Jennette
Killpack, was convicted in 2005 of
child abuse homicide.
On October 12, 2002, 3-year-old
Rosita Gonzalez of Hollywood, Florida
died of water intoxication when her
babysitter Nancy Gayoso punished
her by forcing her to drink three US
quarts (2.8 l) of water in a four-hour
period. Gayoso was arrested
and charged with murder in the first
degree on March 10, 2003. After
being declared incompetent to stand
trial in 2004 and 2005, Gayoso
was found competent on March 26,
In 2003, Walter Dean Jennings, a
freshman history major at SUNY
Plattsburgh, was pledging the Psi
Epsilon Chi "when he was forced to
drink urine, stay awake for days and
consume vast amounts of alcohol
during a 10-day initiation and hazing
process." According to
PressRepublican.com, "On his last
night of pledging the unrecognized
fraternity, the 18-year-old was forced
to drink gallons of water through a
funnel, which caused his brain to
swell from water intoxication and
ultimately resulted in his death."
Eleven members of the fraternity
were charged with criminally
negligent homicide.
In a much-publicized case of
fraternity hazing, four members of
the Chi Tau House at California State
University, Chico pleaded guilty to
forcing 21-year-old student Matthew
Carrington to drink excessive
amounts of water while performing
calisthenics in a frigid basement as
part of initiation rites on February 2,
2005.He collapsed and died of
heart failure due to water
intoxication.
On January 12, 2007, Jennifer
Strange, a 28-year-old woman and a
mother of three, from Rancho
Cordova, California, was found dead
in her home by her mother, hours
after trying to win one of Nintendo's
Wii game consoles. KDND 107.9 "The
End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee
for a Wii" contest, involved drinking
large quantities of water without
urinating. A nurse called the radio
station to warn them about the
danger in which they were putting
people, but the disc jockeys rejected
the warnings. Lucy Davidson, the
winner of the contest, was severely
sickened while picking up her prize.
Civil charges against the radio station
were filed by Jennifer's family,[20]
and the family was eventually
awarded $16.5 million in the ensuing
wrongful death lawsuit. The FCC
launched its own investigation to
determine if the station violated the
terms of its operating license.
In 2008 Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-
old British woman, died after drinking
four liters of water in under two hours
as part of her LighterLife diet plan.

Other notable fatalities due to water
intoxication include Australian
schoolgirl Anna Wood (although
similar to Leah Betts, her death was
incorrectly attributed to ecstasy use),
2002 Boston Marathon
competitor Cynthia Lucero, and
Washington, D.C. police officer James
McBride.
British actor Anthony Andrews
survived a case of water intoxication
in 2003. He was performing as Henry
Higgins in a revival of the musical My
Fair Lady at the time, and consumed
up to eight litres of water a day. He
was unconscious and in intensive
care for three days.
Jonathan Paul Dent, 29, became lost
during a four-hour walk through
Tasmania's Dial Range on April 19,
2011. He called his wife a number of
times to say he was lost. Rescue
crews found his body in bushland two
days later. The coroner found that Mr
Dent most likely died from exercise-
associated hyponatremia (EAH), a
condition caused by drinking too
much fluid during prolonged exercise.

READ MORE ON:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Ardedaryor(m): 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
omocheche: It is not water dat makes u add weight it is too much food. Eat little drink plenty of water.
thought likewise.....for d past 3month now have been drinking H2O everymorning....what i noticed is i havent taken any drug since then.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Reference(m): 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
ckkris:

If you continue up to five years you will definitely notice changes and improvements in many areas of life.
I noticed a healing of my sinus, healing of esophageal pains in my back, improved breathing that creates energy, easy bowel movement, clear thinking and good concentration. No headaches, no body pains.
Above all this and more, water is very cheap and accessible.

Hmm. Good, clean, mineralised water is becoming expensive and is definitely not abundant anymore.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Kandiiikane(m): 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
lol, my worst nightmare? So, when I sleep tonight I will see you? If you were paying my internet bill, maybe I would phuck off, but you're not. Who are my backers though? I have always seen myself as a lone ranger. My sh*t? But I'm constipated.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Koolking(m): 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ucheosefoh: I could have luv to comment but I have to ask my oga at the top what to comment before I go comment öne tin him go say make I comment another tin

elkol: I need to ask my Oga at the top first..

What's with this 'ask my oga at the top? Is it a new street slang phrase in Nigeria now? I have read this in almost all social network site.

I am not surprise seeing it here.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Rooneyboy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
indeed water is a natural medicine.

Having undergone an operation in 2011 my doctors advised I should form the habit of taking water every morning in an empty stomach.......

Taking 5 sachets of pure water every morning till this day has made me a lot healthier without having an ordinary headache.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Kandiiikane(m): 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
Lmaoooooo Lol, no your face doesn't peel off.

Your skin sheds skin and this basically helps it peel quicker and evenly revealing a bright even skin underneath.

The peeling looks like normal skin peeling.

@jenneni where exactly do you stay? You can buy kojic acid soaps if you don't want to do a chemical peel.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by AdeniyiA(m): 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
13. Natural remedy for headache.
through pouring on head or drinking?
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by dallyemmy: 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
Water e no get enemy! Omi olota!
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Rooneyboy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
BeautyFULL85:

Trust me nigga, water wont be d only reason u can't look like D. Washington. But ur crap English will ensure dat!

Forget that rubbish he put up there babes, D guy na grammarian .
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Valto(m): 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
have always known that water is good for the body... but what are the side effects of excess water
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by 190theclown: 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
theres no one that's drank as much water as myself since 2008 in the world
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by BlackPeni5: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
Warning: If you drink too much water, you will drown on dry land...

1 Like

Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by punche(m): 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
vb0mb:

if you you to give report give a good report. What are the negative effects of drinking excess water?

Seconded!
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by ckkris: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
Andykuul: What is burantashi?sad....could it b palmwine?...heard it makes one last longercheesy

Thats GINGER. Nigerians say it enhances male performance, so many women use it a lot in recipe.
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by ABsI1: 8:35pm On Mar 14, 2013
95% of semen
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Kandiiikane(m): 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
then don't drink it angry
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
WATER IS LIFE smiley
The role water plays in maintaining the functionality of the body is remarkable. Without water the body will perish; that has already been established
Re: Functions & Health Benefits Of Drinking Water by Omen100(m): 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
DJDOLA: i wrote sper.m not fluid

Nor mind all dis moderators, na so dem go dey change watin man-pikin write, if man-pikin vex talk na, dem go ban ahn, I go vex soon go open my own site......... angry angry angry angry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As COVID-19 Cases Rise, Patients Face Difficulties Accessing Healthcare In Kano / What If One Of My Breasts Is Bigger Than The Other? / PLEASE HELP !!!, Yellow Fluids Comes Out Of My Nose When Ever I Bend Deep.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.