Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Reminiscing Story About My Secondary School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Reminiscing Story About My Secondary School (800 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / INSEPARABLE - A Story About Friendship / My Life In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reminiscing Story About My Secondary School by Dospix(m): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2013
REMINISCING STORY ABOUT MY SECONDARY SCHOOL............... “Stupid boy like you, every time you go just dey dirty this bonk; time don reach wey I go teach you lesson” Olisa sputtered. He swings his hands pass my face, hoping to clip it to my oily cheek; but I did put a great resistance: I quickly moved my head slightly back, crossing my right hand through my face… with my left hand supporting it, I fended off his slap. “Ijiot boy, after ref make sure say you don lie down here they wait for me, if not, I go chop your father” he exploded…I knew a reply to his statement would escalate my ominous insinuation that I was in a deep soup. I gave him a rancid look when it was obvious he was no longer looking at me; and stealthily exited the hostel.
I was obviously in a transmogrified state; envisaging what my punishment might look like, and foreseeing a possibility of meeting an empty pot in the refectory. I had just exited the veranda that connects st Cornelius, st John, and st peter hostel; when my attention was drawn elsewhere…three guys were having a fierce argument about something; it seemed they were playing the game of “double daring”…I could hear their voice, but it seemed they were muttering the words among themselves. I strained my ears to decipher what the argument was about, but my assiduous effort seemed effortless…I giggled my favorite refrain “don’t presume, don’t presume, don’t presume” oh ah! I exclaimed, when I remembered what Peter told me some moment ago:”Adakwa(first come,first serve) go dey today oh, make sure say you go refectory quick” I immediately accelerated my pace, scurrying like a hungry wild dog.
“ Kpai kpai kpai” it rang, I could hear the clasping sound of a plate and a cutlery ”thank goodness me!” I exclaimed…I felt happy knowing I was not alone; Agba ref(the great consumer) was at my back, leaping like a kangaroo; it seemed he had a fracture on his leg. But I was amazed at the fact that: he still ran faster than me…we eventually got to the refectory, and we were both headed for our destination: Agba ref raced to the extreme corner of the refectory, while I walked to the table close to the left wing exit door. Peter was wrong after all: King j was in full control of the refectory “please don’t let me get you” he explosively cautioned us(cant still recall how he phrased his words).
I looked randomly around the refectory; I saw Augustine sitting calmly-with his both hands crossed on the table, and his front side jaw resting on them; I guess he was observing the sharer. Roti was dishing out rice and stew charismatically; Micky was regulating the process of sharing, ensuring he curtails any mal-distribution. Then my attention was drawn to another wing of the refectory…I saw Jude having a conversation with leonard; it seemed to me like a very interesting conversation…Godwilling , Slvester , Omale , Jerry , Emmanuel, Timothy , Ife, Godwin , Nnamdi,David …etc now circled them like sydine, I moved quickly to join in the conversation, but it seemed they were concealing the topic of discussion from me. Feeling isolated and dejected, I sluggishly turned to leave, when suddenly I heard: “ACHEBIRI GO TOUCH MISS PRISCA BREAST.”

(1) (Reply)

Then And There / deleted / My Top Ten Famous Quotes By Collinsflex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.