Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Dealing With Financial Difficulties - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dealing With Financial Difficulties (1624 Views)

Partnership With Zil Studios Air Hockey Initiative With Financial Benefits / Anybody Done Business With Financial Consultants On NL / I Need Advice On How To Start Dealing In Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Financial Difficulties by Ericjuwon(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2006
Financial Difficulties: it's Psycological Effect On Us

We all know how hard it's to get by financially in our various involvements of life. I believe the difficulty we experience has pushed us to different direction in our struggle towards preferred attainment.

I kind of want us to discuss about our in-evitability and it's psychological face. What radical thing have you done to perfect your status financially that you wish you never did?

Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by Seun(m): 7:43pm On May 07, 2006
It's funny how you struggle and struggle to "make it" and then when you finally have a respectable income you are like "what next?" because you no longer have a life: the search for money having swallowed everything else.
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by Ndipe(m): 12:06am On May 08, 2006
Contentment is the key. Having faith in God is the answer. I do not aspire to be wealthy, just to live a very comfortable life.

I dont stress about money now, because the Blessings from God has overshadowed my problems.

Dont lose hope!!!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by my2cents(m): 12:47am On May 08, 2006
Ericjuwon,

I will tell you what someone told me some time last year - when all you think of is how to make money to help alleviate your "struggles", you will always be stressed out. As the bible says (paraphrasing), seek first the kingdom of God and all else will be added unto you.

Also, as I like to do, whenever you think you have it bad, know that there are others who are worse off than yourself. That should give you some kind of consolation.

I hope this helps,
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by bolex(m): 2:53am On May 08, 2006
yes o , ma people

it's not all money

money is not happiness

Wole Soyinka is a poor man but he gets what he wants anytime he does

he has top top connections and can reach any politician with the palm of his hand

Anywayz, that is not the issue , **I have decided to be contributing to threads like this**

Financial difficulties is what everyone has to face one time in life

Pray to God and just try to work your way out of it

grin

SIMPLE
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by spikedcylinder: 10:25am On May 08, 2006
If you have suffered before,i mean really suffered due to not having money to live a normal life,you would never say money is not everything.
Trust me,am experienced!
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by wiseguy(m): 10:41am On May 08, 2006
@ spikedcylinder,
My dear na true word be that. If life don show you pepper before, meeeen, But I still believe in slow and steady. I only pray for comfort and peace of mind. I don't like to have all the money and can't even come out on the street to have a simple evening stroll with my little kid.
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by akani(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2006
Ndipe:

Contentment is the key. Having faith in God is the answer. I do not aspire to be wealthy, just to live a very comfortable life.

I don't stress about money now, because the Blessings from God has overshadowed my problems.
Dont lose hope!!!
I can say that no one is condemming money infact is the major priority in human's daily life but what matter most is to have good comfortable life& contentment with what one has. let have it mind that excess of everything is bad also not all problem money can solve.if u had more than enough.its ok! so u can share with the less priveldege ones.
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by bolex(m): 4:44am On May 11, 2006
what ya'll don;t know is the main source of financial problem is

LOAN

loan comes in many forms

credit cards

mortgage

borrowing money from friends and enemies

loan companies

For crying out loud

Is the money you have not enough ?

Life would show you pepper only if you are in debt

Who agrees with me ?
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by spikedcylinder: 4:42pm On May 11, 2006
I dont.
If people were really content with what they had,they wouldnt be taking loans in the first place.Even countries that run a deficit budget NEED to take loans.Loans are there for a reason you know.
When did money ever become enough for human beings?
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by Seun(m): 8:21pm On May 28, 2006
If people were really content with what they had,they wouldnt be taking loans in the first place.
I feel it only makes sense to take a loan for something you really, really need now, or a business project that is still very lucrative - like selling recharge cards in the early days (not now o). I feel that people who routinely take loans are not being very prudent financially. The banks won't offer you such easy loans if they weren't making so much money out of each loan that they can afford a high default rate.

Even countries that run a deficit budget NEED to take loans.
Actually, they do NOT need most of those loans. Politicians like to borrow money to execute various projects that will earn them re-election favors and please the people who sponsored their campaigns. They know that by the time those long term loans become burdensome to the country they will be out of office. It will be the successors' problem!
Re: Dealing With Financial Difficulties by spikedcylinder: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2006
author=Seun link=topic=12256.msg385996#msg385996 date=1148844063]
I feel it only makes sense to take a loan for something you really, really need now, or a business project that is still very lucrative - like selling recharge cards in the early days (not now o). I feel that people who routinely take loans are not being very prudent financially. The banks won't offer you such easy loans if they weren't making so much money out of each loan that they can afford a high default rate.

You are seeing this from just one point of view.How about when someone wants to buy a house and has to take out a loan in form of mortgage?Borrowing money for business is a good thing but in the end it still remains what it is-a loan.Whichever way you look at it,people take loans for various reasons.Their inabilty to refund depends on ther abilty to expand the intial capital which sometimes proves to be a problem for a lot of people.

Actually, they do NOT need most of those loans. Politicians like to borrow money to execute various projects that will earn them re-election favors and please the people who sponsored their campaigns. They know that by the time those long term loans become burdensome to the country they will be out of office. It will be the successors' problem!

Again,you're looking at that from the POV of LDC's.Many advanced countries borrow money and still do.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Plastic Pond For Fish Farming? / What Is The Benefit Of Having Your Salary Account With FIRSTBANK? / Top 4 Profitable Internet Businesses You Can Start In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.