Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,172 members, 7,957,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? (810 Views)

How To Integrate "Payment With Airtime" Feature Into Your Web Applications. / Looking For People/companies To Create Websites/web Applications / List Of The Worst Nigerian Web Applications. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by tundewoods(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2008
When i newly started developing dynamic web applications back in 2003,coldfusion and asp where my favourite due to the availablity of the 30 day trial version of macromedia coldfusion that came with mx studio back then.

Well all thats seemed to have changed due to php mysqls accessibility later on and its the popularity and preference by web hosting companies worldwide.

In order to get to rekindle my romance for coldfusion, i recently set up a hosting package on a coldfusion server and decided to start developing apps on coldfusion again just out of fun.I've promised myself to develop my next client app of coldfusion just for potfolio sake.

Now if you've got any coldfusion apps that you've worked on in the past,feel free to share the link if its live or share your experiences.The major hassle with coldfusion in the past was the cost for the original licsence for coldusion server as well as ms sql server connection errors sometimes.

Good thing is my host provides mysql dbs that i can actually use for my backend.So the funs just about to begin.
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by smartsoft(m): 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2008
Is coldfusion that easy to run on? if that's it will like to work on it too. though i like coldfusion
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by prodgalson: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2008
Man I was HEAVY into CF from CF 4 through CFMX. Those were the days.
The work we did is all gone, but I revisited some CF work in 05/06, these are two of the sites
http://www.aspensnowmass.com
http://www.irobot.com
http://www.mindseye.com (It's flash connecting to CF remote objects. I did all the flash as well , still love this site)
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by my2cents(m): 10:46am On Mar 27, 2008
I worked on a CF project in 99/2000 for a company that is no longer in existence, so I can't share a link cry cry cry

As far as experiences go, I must say CF was pretty easy to pick up. I was working with ASP back then and suddenly, a project in another part of the country needed assistance from any available resource. I was available but knew nothing about CF. In fact, I had never heard of it till that time. What was I to do? It's crazy when look back at it - I bought a book, boarded a plane for a 5 hour flight to a place -3 time zones away, read as much of the book as I could, landed at my destination and was fortunate enough that what I was assigned to do was exactly what I had read while on my way there. Aaaah, it was the .com era back then. A CF web app talking to an Oracle DB. A company called "VetMed", basically an online version of a Vet Doctor's office.

Compared to ASP at the time, I found CF much easier to work with and was sad when I had to leave. I had always wished that I got to work on another CF project but never have (and maybe never will) since then.

Oh well, time flies and we move on.
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by naijafan(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2008
LOL, why is everybody like . . . back in the days cry
Adobe, with their marketing on CF8 must not hear this.  grin grin grin

Well, i'm still an active coldfusion developer. . .

Worked on:
r e l o a d n g.com
cars-ng.com (currently kind of abandoned)
babcockuni.edu.ng (think the silly schl abandoned that too angry)

Currently working on:
http://www.softpurse.com
http://cfezra.com/ wink

Coming soon
**damn. i've not purchased the domain name yet** LOL
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by smartsoft(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2008
@naijafan are you showing us website you've done or telling us what coldfusion can do
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by naijafan(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2008
smartsoft:

@naijafan are you showing us website you've done or telling us what coldfusion can do

Applications (not websites cheesy) i've done in coldfusion wink
SImply listed ma portfolio, just like prodgalson. Plus if u got nothing constructive to say, why not just watch the thread grin

babcockuni.edu.ng wasnt just a website. it was totally data driven. CF+MSSQL Server. I prefer CF+MySQL tho and my recent projects are MySQL based.

As per ReloadNG, some of the underlying components, e.g. the one responsible for screenscraping your yahoo, hotmail and gmail address book was written in php. Had to reformat the data returned in XML and have CF talk to php that way.
Re: Coldfusion Web Applications ! Anybody Out There ? by instinctg(m): 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2011
any other ones? Where are my fellow CF guys?

(1) (Reply)

Be A Cisco Guru Without Paying Kobo / Get Free Web Advice / Pls Rate My Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.