Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:49 PM

New Pope Francis I Has Only One Lung + 15 Other Facts About Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Pope Francis I Has Only One Lung + 15 Other Facts About Him (671 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / The New Pope Has Only One Lung – And 9 Other Facts You Didn’t Know About / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1)

New Pope Francis I Has Only One Lung + 15 Other Facts About Him by kachy: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
1. His real name is Jorge Mario Bergoglio.

2. He is 76-years-old.

3. He is an Argentinian.

4. He is the first Jesuit priest to become Pope.

5. He is the first Latin American to become Pope.

6. He was the runner-up during the last conclave that elected Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.

7. He is a conservative on biblical principles of marriage .He describes other un natural forms of marriage as  a “destructive attack on God’s plan.” He was a fierce opponent of Argentina’s decision to unnatural  marriage in 2010, arguing children need to have the right to be raised and educated by a father and a mother.

8. Though conservative, he has criticised priests who refuse to baptize babies born to single mothers.

9. He also believes condom use can prevent  disease.

10. He is well known for his austere outlook to life. He is famed for taking a bus to work every day in his native Argentina, giving up his driver and official limousine.

11. His austere outlook towards life explains his choice of Francis as his papal name. Francis Assisi, who he is named after, is a popular Catholic saint who lived humbly and gave possession away to the poor.

12. When he was made a cardinal, he persuaded hundreds of Argentinians not to fly to Rome to celebrate with him but instead to give the money they would have spent on plane tickets to the poor.

13. In 2001, during a visit to a hospice, he washed and kissed the feet of 12 AIDS patients.

14. He is respected for his intellectual prowess.

15. He is an anti-corruption­ crusader. He has also accused Argentina’s government of not doing enough to eradicate poverty.

16. He has lived for more than 20 years with one functioning lung. He had one of his lungs removed because of an infection, according to the Associated Press.

"Obviously, this was a success because here he is at age 76," said Dr. William Schaffner, chairman of preventive medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn. "So whatever they did got him over that precarious period."

http://www.naijapicks.com/2013/03/new-pope-francis-i-has-only-one-lung-15.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: New Pope Francis I Has Only One Lung + 15 Other Facts About Him by mymadam(m): 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
Thank you. God bless Nigeria.
Re: New Pope Francis I Has Only One Lung + 15 Other Facts About Him by JeSoul(f): 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2013

(1)

Biblical Prophecies. Book Of Daniel And Revelation / S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G ... / False Teachers And False Teaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.