Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

MY WORLD: A Global Survey For Citizens. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MY WORLD: A Global Survey For Citizens. (473 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Senate Moves For Citizens’ Input In Yearly Budget / New Ecowas Passports. One For Citizens And One For Diplomats. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MY WORLD: A Global Survey For Citizens. by Oseigha(m): 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
The United Nations and partners have teamed up to put in place an innovative global survey, known as "MY World", so people can participate in the post-2015 policy-making process telling them the changes that would make the most difference to their lives. "MY World" asks individuals which six of sixteen possible issues they think would make the most difference in their lives. The sixteen issues have been built up from the priorities expressed by poor people in existing research and polling exercises, and from the ongoing technical and political discussions about possible future goals. They cover the existing MDGs, plus issues of sustainability, security, governance and transparency. The sixteen issues are:
1. Better job opportunities
2. Support for people who can't work
3. A good education
4. Better healthcare
5. Affordable and nutritious food
6. Phone and internet access
7. Better transport and roads
8. Access to clean water and sanitation
9. Reliable energy at home
10. Action taken on climate change
11. Protecting forests, rivers and oceans
12. Equality between men and women
13. Protection against crime and violence
14. Political freedoms
15. An honest and responsive goverment
16. Freedom from discrimination and persecution.
As a Nigerian, which six of the sixteen issues matter most to you? You can even suggest another priority.

(1) (Reply)

$182 Billion Stolen From Nigeria, 2000 To 2009 - Global Financial Integrity / My Oga At The Top Look Alike "GEJ" Must Be Impeached To Save PDP / Nigerians Owned 52% Of Active Oil Blocks, Foreigners 48 - DPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.