Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend (899 Views)

5 Important Business Lessons I Learnt From Lagos Danfo Drivers / Among These 4 Business Which One Do U Think Is The Most Profitable? / Official Thread: YOUWIN 4 - Business Plan Competition 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by 9jageek: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2013
I was searching for more pictures of the MyOgaAtTheTop trend when I found this interesting article that looks at the whole event from a business perspective. It is a real eye opener as it identifies profiting ways one can participate in such a viral trend, have fun and still make something out of it.

The article identifies 4 business opportunities or lesson that can be derived from the trend including:

"1. If it is popular, make and sell merchandise fast!

I am really impressed by how fast Nigerian made T-Shirts with the My "Oga At The Top Meme" and began selling them in just less than 2 days from the beginning of the craze. If something is popular, you might as well monetize it.

2. Piggybacking on a trend.

When people are already laughing at something, it is easy to give it a little twist and even get more people laughing. So if you can be imaginative and creatively insert your brand without messing up the flow or the fun, you got yourself some free marketing because people will share as long as your variation of the joke is also funny"

The article further explains who to target when you want to start and profit on a trend and the main factors of how this TV blunder became one of Nigeria's biggest and longest running social media trends.

You can read the detailed article here ---> http://naijastartups..com/2013/03/4-business-lessons-from-myogaatthetop.html
Re: 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by vinderbilt: 12:38am On Mar 15, 2013
I believe these t-shirts could easily be Nigeria's fastest selling merchandise at the moment shocked

Re: 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by PrinceNN(m): 1:06am On Mar 15, 2013
Where can I get one of those?
Re: 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by aliyud: 10:10am On Mar 15, 2013
Wait let me ask My Oga At The Top first because I don't want to say this is where you can get the T-shirts and my oga will come and say somewhere else grin
Re: 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by toluxa1(m): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Abeg I need these T-shirts ooo , in Bulk.
Re: 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by aliyud: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
By now these tops are everywhere, you should be able to order easily. Or you can ask on twitter I'm sure someone would direct you to someone making and selling the Tees
Re: 4 Business Lessons From The #myogaatthetop Trend by braintrack: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2013
Order for my oga @ the top t-shirt in large quantity @ R2Bee Clothings, you can reach me on 08066914644,08053055914.

(1) (Reply)

Entertainment Project Marketing Companies In Lagos / The Future Of Advertising Agencies / See What Fasola And Dangote Said. How You Can Make Your BIG Pay In Real Estate!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.