Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

All The While I Thought I Could Change Him, But… - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All The While I Thought I Could Change Him, But… (721 Views)

Poem: I Thought I Dont Love Him / I Wrote This Write-up While I Was In Deep Thoughts...give It A Name / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All The While I Thought I Could Change Him, But… by Iyandasdiary(m): 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dear Readers: All the while I thought I could change him, but…

I’ve been married to this man for about 7 years now, and nothing has since changed.

I met him as a handsome, young, perfect gentleman with well shaven beard, always looked sharp and trim and I got hooked.

He came all out for me; despite all he went through at the hands of my mother he still went ahead and made sure that my mother consented to the marriage.

I knew he had tendencies to cheat, I knew he drank a bit, but I taught the love he had for me was enough to change him to the man I wanted him to be, but down the line I have come to terms with it that I have failed in the battle to keep him clean.

Two years down, our marriage went on a continuous downward spiral, till i eventually got pregnant, and thought that the introduction of a baby into the family was going to make him more responsible, but it didn’t stop him from doing his things.

Nine months later, I put to bed a gorgeous baby boy and was still in the hospital when I got terrifying news that my husband had another woman in the house!

I wasn’t in the mood for any of his lies, and so I got on a taxi and went home. True to the news I went in and still found her there! I was shocked and almost passed out. (but before I did, I gave them a piece of my mind)

He later apologized, blaming it on the devil and swore never to do it again. Before long, he picked it up again, this time intensified his drinking habit, oh and did I add smoking, not just cigarette but Indian hemp!

I’ve had a torrid 7 years of marriage, and I’m still wondering if he will ever change!

What should i do?

please Advice

For more interesting Unanswered Questions visit

www.iyandasdiary.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Short Story Challenge From Chinyere Obi- Obasi / Daily Quotes: A Bad Day? / Top 25 Forbes Inspirational Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.