Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? (15016 Views)

Poll: I prefer:-

Abuja: 50% (65 votes)
Lagos: 50% (65 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Knowing Lagos: Where Is Dis?(photo) / Delta Line Transport Park At Mainland,lagos. Where? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2008
I have been in Abuja for about 10 years now, I dont think i will like some place better, the place is becoming heaven on earth everyday, especially in the night time,,
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2008
Omo na wa for you ooo. . .first na 'there' (their) now na 'leave' (live) undecided

Errhhh i loff Lag coz its lively but Abuja is more my town and i hope it has picked up the pace. Meennn i don't like any place being dead by 10pm undecided Am used to 24/7 ish going on
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by kolaoloye(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2008
Seeing is Believing. Anyday,anytime Abuja na father for Lagos.
Abuja is very quiet,no room for nonsense wink
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2008
iice, pls dont mind my English, abuja is now a 24hrs city now, is just that everything is very expensive, but the city is like Tokyo in the night time.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by TheSly: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2008
For those that haven't been to ABJ

Check This whole thread. .I got sum fabulous ABJ pics for y'all cool
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
nikekenny:

iice, please don't mind my English, abuja is now a 24hrs city now, is just that everything is very expensive, but the city is like Tokyo in the night time.

Ehen, thats good to hear ooo. . .last time i was there. . .i almost flew out immediately. . .
Upon all the madness we did there, night time was dry and that's the time am usually alive tongue
Hehehe i hope to be blown away next time. . .it berra be tokyo style ooo tongue
Yeah i know it's expensive there. . .i lived there for 2 years but my brothers lived there for about 8yrs, i used to just go visit and zap back home.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2008
where ar u now? Lagos?
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2008
Nope. . .not even in naija
I used to spend summers in Lag. . .bloody humid grin Traffic na wah shocked grin
One of the reasons i like Abj, enough space for roads and enough roads leading to a place cheesy
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2008
yeap, i hate lagos, too much noise and traffic, prefer Abj. crime rate here is not like Lagos,
whats ur name? mine is Kehinde
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2008
iice is the name cheesy cheesy
I hope Abj won't get the traffic hell undecided
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2008
I dont think so, a lot of road work u know, and they just approved a contract for d construction of inland railway u know, u mind if we talk on yahoo messenger?
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2008
Who's gon' do the inland railway? inland railway? Like the railways from bombay to goa tongue or light rail transit? sorry but iice doesn't do messengers
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2008
is going to be like from the center city center to the outskirt u know, to free traffic, alot of ppl are trouping in to abuja every day, guess in the next ten years is going to be congested u know.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by sistajay(f): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2008
I'd prefer to live in Abuja, the place is beautiful.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by kolaoloye(m): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2008
sista-jay:

I'd prefer to live in Abuja, the place is beautiful.

Where are you now,is it Lagos?
Any day, any time you are welcome.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by sistajay(f): 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2008
@ Kola oloye

I thank you my brother for makin me feel so welcome, me no dey for Lagos.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by smol(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2008
I have lived in lag 4 over 15 years and now live in abj.I think it depends on the kind of person u are. If u r d lively, party and noisey type, then lag is d place 4 u. Abj is too quiet and by 10pm everywhere is dead.4 me sha abj is the place 2 live and work. I love it here except that d trips dey minimal compare to lag.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Gamine(f): 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2008
I live in Abuja.

But i consider myself a Lagos person wink

i did all my schooling in Lagos too.

Lagos has this BUZZ, but its a dangerous town ooh shocked cheesy

Abuja is lacking in alot but its picking up, as in really picking up. smiley

At the point where i am now in my life

i will def choose ABJ smiley , Lagos get wahala shaa.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by labiyemmy(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2008
Abj anyday
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by icezik1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2008
Abuja.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 4:09am On Apr 01, 2008
No Lag pickers?
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by nikekenny(m): 9:23am On Apr 01, 2008
iice.
becos na there money dey grin grin
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 6:19pm On Apr 04, 2008
Abj is hella expensive ooo especially if you move from a small town like moi.
I remember our first house. . .dang bloody expensive for a small place undecided
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by FMK(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2008
you nigerians you need to think twice before answering a question

do you prefer to live where you find easy living condition or you prefer to live in beautifull place but in pain and miserable ?
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by iice(f): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2008
Have you been to either place?
Beauty is as they say. . .in the eye of the beholder. Hence both places are both beautiful to my eye but for different reasons. Finding easy living condition is also relevant. . .on your status, your disposition and your determination. . .

I do hope, you thought twice before posting too undecided
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by pyr8te: 4:02pm On May 20, 2009
Abuja!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by blacksta(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2009
i Prefer London anytime.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by dominique(f): 7:53pm On May 20, 2009
love love love the centre of unity smiley
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by biina: 4:28am On May 21, 2009
Na Lagos God dey, the rest na holy spirit. grin
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by dedeike: 11:06am On May 21, 2009
abj is d bomb anyday. the most beautiful city in west Africa. grooving goes on 24/7 under street lights and tight security. there are no touts,no area boys, no opc, no traffic, no noise. There are so many nite clubs, gardens, parks, malls and cinemas where one can catch fun. Abj is fast becoming the entertainment destination as every organisation lincluding mtv, thisday, hip hop awards prefer to use abj. above all, that is where the money at.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by Jarus(m): 11:08am On May 21, 2009
I had said it some time ago on one topic on NL Travel section that I will like to move to Abuja from Lagos. Lagos is surely the land of 'ogbon', but I'm somehow tired of the place. The traffic is hellish.

I do go to Abuja and I love the place, but it cannot be as lively as Eko akete. More beautiful than Lagos, but it can be boring.But the good thing is you can always fly to Lagos and spend your weekend.

I had been thinking of moving to Abj for a couple of months now,but my current job is a Head Office job, ruling out my company posting me to Abuja. In any case, I'm currently working out moving to Abuja, even if it will involve changing job.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos Where Do You Prefer? To Work Or To Live? by olubunmia: 11:26am On May 21, 2009
There is no place like home
Lagos is the place to work and live 4 naija
Eko ile 4 life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mudslide Kills Over 300 People In Sierra Leone / How To Get Your High School Transcript / Fuel Scarcity: Airline Operators Announce Flight Disruption, Cancellation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.