Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

God's Love - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Love (6164 Views)

Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill'' / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love The Smell Of Burning Flesh? / Is God's Wrath Manifested By Eternal Fire At Variance With God's Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 5:23am On May 18, 2013
"no weapon forged against you will prevail, ......(Isaiah 54:17).

Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 9:15am On May 19, 2013
These six things the Lord hates, indeed, seven are an abomination to Him..Proverbs 6.16-19..Hates what the lord hates and loved what he loves!

Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 4:51am On May 20, 2013
The LORD. Said to all come back to me , accept what is good, love,and mercy. For i will heal your land; I will love them freely, for my anger is turned away because of Jesus christ.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 6:51am On May 22, 2013
I have made Your Name known to them and revealed Your character and Your very Self, and I will continue to make You known to all, that the love which You have bestowed uponMe may be in them.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2013
I will continue to make You known to all, that the love which You have bestowed uponMe may be in them.
Re: God's Love by Nobody: 4:01am On May 23, 2013
lol@ pastorexcelorji

this brother is on a roll! grin
Re: God's Love by PastorOluT(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2013
*Kails*:
lol@ pastorexcelorji

this brother is on a roll! grin

It is called being filled by the Holy Ghost, you can't understand that.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 12:26pm On May 23, 2013
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; I give this not as an order but to prove your sincerity of love. For you have the grace of our Lord JesusChrist.
Re: God's Love by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

lmao!@ being filled by the holy ghost and logging into NL to type about it.

EHEN - yes o! i hear you!! grin
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 5:05am On May 24, 2013
For the whole Law concerning human relationships is complied with in the one precept, You shall love your neighbor as you loved yourself.
Re: God's Love by UyiIredia(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2013
pastorexcelorji: This is love: not that we loved
God, but that he loved us
and sent his Son as an
atoning sacrifice for our
sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us,
we also ought to love
one another.

That is not love. That is wickedness. Killing an innocent person as a requirement to forgiving an offence is clearly revenge-based since someone had to pay the price of death. Selfless love would entail forgiveness with no (unreasonable) conditions attached.
Re: God's Love by Mranony: 12:21pm On May 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
That is not love. That is wickedness. Killing an innocent person as a requirement to forgiving an offence is clearly revenge-based since someone had to pay the price of death. Selfless love would entail forgiveness with no (unreasonable) conditions attached.
This comment shows a gross misunderstanding of Christian theology. I'm surprised that you of all people would make it.

1 Like

Re: God's Love by UyiIredia(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2013
Mr anony:
This comment shows a gross misunderstanding of Christian theology. I'm surprised that you of all people would make it.

State the misunderstanding. I suspect it's more likely a case of acceptance.
Re: God's Love by Mranony: 12:54pm On May 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
State the misunderstanding. I suspect it's more likely a case of acceptance.
There is a huge difference between a person being punished for a crime he/she didn't commit and God lovingly taking the punishment of sin upon Himself in order to atone for it.
Re: God's Love by UyiIredia(m): 1:03pm On May 24, 2013
Mr anony:
There is a huge difference between a person being punished for a crime he/she didn't commit and God lovingly taking the punishment of sin upon Himself in order to atone for it.

Okay but I have issue with lovingly taking a punishment especially the punisher is God. Critical question: Is Jesus a separate person from God (the Father)
Re: God's Love by Mranony: 1:15pm On May 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay but I have issue with lovingly taking a punishment especially the punisher is God.
What issues precisely if I may ask?

Critical question: Is Jesus a separate person from God (the Father)
Yes they are separate persons but one being
Re: God's Love by UyiIredia(m): 2:50pm On May 24, 2013
Mr anony:
What issues precisely if I may ask?

Yes they are separate persons but one being

That's contradictory. You can say they're separate persons that are united. Saying they are 'separate but one being' implies there are separate persons but one person - obviously contradictory.
Re: God's Love by Mranony: 7:12am On May 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

That's contradictory. You can say they're separate persons that are united. Saying they are 'separate but one being' implies there are separate persons but one person - obviously contradictory.
Lol no it isn't contradictory. Here's a video to get you started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUy-H5MmeGU&list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TWpnOJV09MuEAwbbQNCS6Qf&index=1
Re: God's Love by UyiIredia(m): 8:05am On May 25, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol no it isn't contradictory. Here's a video to get you started.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUy-H5MmeGU&list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TWpnOJV09MuEAwbbQNCS6Qf&index=1

Won't watch it. I'm browsing on a capped BBCWEEK plan. Please state relevant points here.

1 Like

Re: God's Love by Mranony: 8:32am On May 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Won't watch it. I'm browsing on a capped BBCWEEK plan. Please state relevant points here.
Wow, that's gonna be a very long explanation and I don't know if it is something I have the time to do. Also, I don't think soundbites will cut it. I'll browse around and see if I an find articles where I talked about Trinity before
Re: God's Love by Nobody: 9:34am On May 25, 2013
Una just scatter d guy thread for am. I thought it was time for another battle when I saw your comments, @my twin. But this thread is the wrong place, I think. undecided
Re: God's Love by UyiIredia(m): 1:01am On May 26, 2013
Mr anony:
Wow, that's gonna be a very long explanation and I don't know if it is something I have the time to do. Also, I don't think soundbites will cut it. I'll browse around and see if I an find articles where I talked about Trinity before

I await your reply.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2013
For if you will diligently keep all this commandment which I commanding you to do, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, and to cleave to Him only he will mak e you greater and mightier than others.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 4:15am On May 29, 2013
Honor your father and your mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as you loved yourself.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 6:38am On May 31, 2013
For God hath not
given us the spirit of
fear; but of power, and
of love, and of a sound
mind in christ jesus.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2013
brethren, we all should
be of one mind united in
spirit, sympathizing
with one another ,
loving each other as
brethren of one household.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
Peace be to thebrethren,
and love with faith,
from Godthe Father and
theLord Jesus Christ.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 8:11am On Jun 06, 2013
beloved, If there be therefore any consolation inChrist, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit of God than let his name be Praise.
Re: God's Love by Mudley313: 9:12am On Jun 06, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Holy Ghost Fire !!!

Now, Ride On pastor...
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 11:47am On Jun 07, 2013
But let us, who belived,
be sober,
putting on the
breastplate of faith
and love; and for an
helmet, the hope of salvation.
Re: God's Love by pastorexcelorji(m): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
Do you know that the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Reveals Why He Stopped Being A Pastor And A Christian / Winners Chapel To Lay Foundation Of 3rd University In January At Calabar / Atheist Till Death; Atheist Joseph Stalin's Last Act Against God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.