Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Facts About Malaria!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Facts About Malaria!! (14322 Views)

10 Facts You Did Not Know About Malaria- Nigeria Centenary / Facts About Malaria! / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About Malaria!! by loadux(f): 10:06am On Mar 19, 2013
In addition to above facts
1.Malaria is more dangerous in infants and pregnancy because of reduce immunity
2.most people that live in malaria endermic areas have some form of immunity to it
3.it is highly preventable
Methods of prevention include:
The use of insecticide treated net
Regular fumigation of the house
Clearing of drainage and bushes around one's area
Ensure there is no stagnant water around your house
If you live close to a pond or a large body of slow flowing water you can prevent their breeding by pouring kerosene or red palm oil on the water
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by luckgood(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2013
BELIEVE ME,DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER IS ALSO GOOD FOR MALAY TREATMENT undecided

1 Like

Re: Facts About Malaria!! by theripper: 10:08am On Mar 19, 2013
@sincere, hw come antibiotics dey among the prescribed drugs abi na combination therapy ?
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Mobsync(m): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2013
If we are 2 prevent malaria, we have to eradicate mosquitoes and 2 eradicate mosquitoes, we hv 2 pay them an uninformed visit in their hideout and the funniest part is that we know where they live. They live in stagnant water and on nairaland. Yes, u heard dat right, we hv lots of mosquitoes here. Redmosquito, whitemosquito, muskeeto 2 mention a few. Seun and his moderators should fish them out...damn six legs malaria vectors cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Malaria!! by dplomaticVal: 10:10am On Mar 19, 2013
This post is rily whack and it lacks semanticity in all ramification.......I wonder why we stil need facts abt malaria whn we 've other dangerous life-threatening ailments like hiv/aids in our midst!!!!... I rather advise u to join 2go teens rum.......... there,they might find ur silly post interesting.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by gen2briz(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2013
okorafor aboy: PLEASE,HOW DO I POST SOMETHING ON NAIRALAND?UNA NO WAN TELL MA ABI!!

Seun is your friend ask him
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by ajos(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed:

WHAT!?!?!! LoooooooooooooL!!!
nairaland J.J.C
e be lyk say forum members neva baptize u....?see as u just dey do gra-gra....kilo-sele iya basira.....?
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by yorke1: 10:13am On Mar 19, 2013
I'm immune to Malaria. Never had it since i became a new creature...since i gave my life to Christ.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by texazzpete(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2013
Another point: Malaria kills around 1.2 million people per year in Africa. it is the deadliest disease plaguing this continent...in fact Malaria kills FAR more than HIV/AIDS in Africa.

A ray of hope is the work on a Malaria vaccine. If that comes to fruition, this will be awesome news.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Manred: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2013
tedd: Agbo and Dogonyaro to the rescue is my most recommended solution.
i concore wit u
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by ajos(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2013
okorafor aboy: PLEASE,HOW DO I POST SOMETHING ON NAIRALAND?UNA NO WAN TELL MA ABI!!
very simple...tear a sheet from ur excercise book,use pencil write ur post,buy stamp,use shoe gum to rub on ur write up....address am to nairaland....place d sheet on ur handset screen firmly....we go see ur post clearly...cos dis pass nairaland front page...na d secret to nairaland hardcover page...goodluck

1 Like

Re: Facts About Malaria!! by mrofficial2(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2013
Phuck malaria - My Immune System
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2013
ANOTHER FACT ALOMO REMAINS THE NO. 1 CURE 4 ANY MALARIA AT ANY STAGE wink
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by eminikansoso(m): 10:19am On Mar 19, 2013

I don't want tell you another thing now and my oga seun at the top tell you another thing later cry cry
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by HAH: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2013
How did u post this one

1 Like

Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Ama28(f): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2013
This malaria data is scary men!
I wish funders can invest more into malaria prevention than HIV because from the data we are bearing more of the burden in Africa.
But one always invests where his business lies. They need to sell their ARV hence fund us to contribute our counterpart funds.

Another thing is, with this high rate how many of our homes have mosquito treated nets? Not the average homes, I mean our rural and sub urban (ghetto) dwellers? And they are the hardest hits!
We need to start making our intervention approach to be preventive/proactive and not reactive

The ones they shared how many people got and how many are using them correctly? No one hears about malaria again! Even the anti malaria drugs are fake.
My poor nation! E go beta
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by yeye4live(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2013
Mr..Cork:
sorry.. we dont have moskito here in London! undecided
na d london wey dey Aba u dey
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Manred: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2013
luckgood: BELIEVE ME,DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER IS ALSO GOOD FOR MALAY TREATMENT undecided
How ?
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by donwilz(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2013
solidbroda: Doxycycline, tetracycline are antibiotics. I'm confused here. Why should I combine antibiotics with anti-malaria drugs? Doctors in d house, shed more light pls
Use of antibiotics are mainly for prophylaxis(prevention), but in the case of combining with antimalarial drugs, it eliminates the parasites in the blood and helps build a robust immunity and a long one at that against subsequent infections. Hope this helps...
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by rose002(m): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2013
O yaaaa we don hear ur story undecidedeveribdy go and get otapiapia and treated net grin
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by luckgood(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2013
Man red: How ?
ONCE YOU STARTED FEELING THE SYMPTOMS,YOU JUST INCREASE YOUR WATER INTAKE & IN NO TIME YOU WILL START PEEING OFF THE MALAY. IT WORK FOR ME & I NO IT CAN WORK FOR ANY OTHER PERSON TOO....
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by donwilz(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2013
Man red: How ?
Drinking lots of water helps with the fever.. When you feel feverish, you perspire a lot , loosing lots of water and electrolytes in the process. This can lead to lots of complications , including death. It's always advised to drink a lot of water.. But I always advise people to go for sports drinks. They replenish the electrolytes in the body. If you can't get the sports drinks, add salt to the water. Hope this helps.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2013
patholaw: but ur post said treatable and preventable...not curable
Ok. Let me make it clear. It is treatable, curable and preventable. I'll now modify fact number 11
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by buklan4realyah(f): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2013
malaria is a common sickness. even if u go do do only check up doctor go detect malaria. we shud just prevent it and take treament
in early stage cool
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by GraceBestowed(f): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2013
ajos:
nairaland J.J.C
e be lyk say forum members neva baptize u....?see as u just dey do gra-gra....kilo-sele iya basira.....?

Right! I, actually, found what you said funny (as I did others' and pointed it out), because I have the time, and opportunity to do so, also because I can do what I want!

I am not the one to start a war of words with, I'll just ignore you!

Enjoy your morning!
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2013
Ama28: This malaria data is scary men!
I wish funders can invest more into malaria prevention
than HIV because from the data we are bearing more of the burden in Africa.
But one always invests where his business lies. They need to sell their ARV hence fund us to contribute our counterpart funds.

Another thing is, with this high rate how many of our homes have mosquito treated nets? Not the average homes, I mean our rural and sub urban (ghetto) dwellers? And they are the hardest hits!
We need to start making our intervention approach to be preventive/proactive and not reactive

The ones they shared how many people got and how many are using them correctly? No one hears about malaria again! Even the anti malaria drugs are fake.

Ofcourse they are but I think the commitment on the part of Nigerian government is not encouraging enough.there should be more publicity especially in the rural areas on the menace of malaria.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Osyxcel(m): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2013
People with AS Genotype are less prone to malaria....

It's an advantage if U're AS.....but if U're AA, nd U live in a mosquito endemic area, U go chop am at least 1-2 times a year.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by onyxo76(m): 10:49am On Mar 19, 2013
Ama28: This malaria data is scary men!
I wish funders can invest more into malaria prevention than HIV because from the data we are bearing more of the burden in Africa.

i read somewhere as a medical student then that malaria originated from the old roman empire, then it was called mal-air which meant "bad air" , this was linked to polluted air from the marshes and swamps which bred the mosquitoes.
Several decades ago, malaria was eradicated in that area which is now known to be modern day Italy.
My theory is - if this disease was present in the temperate region and successfully eradicated with ?DDT then why can't same be done here in the tropics? I strongly suspect that the companies that produce anti malaria drugs simply don't want it eliminated as long as there is a market for their drugs.sounds like a conspiracy theory but i strongly believe this is the position of things.
I strongly agree that the drugs are fast losing their potency as a result of abuse and so on.I have had cause to start prescribing a triple regimen of malaria drugs simply because the combination therapy is not working as before.
bottom line is prevention!!
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by igomen: 10:58am On Mar 19, 2013
The only disease that is deadlier than Malaria in sub-Saharan Africa is Ignorance.
Pls lets be serious with our lives. A dirty environment and poor hygiene will
increase the spread of Malaria infection....Prevention is far, far better than cure.

Use mosquito treated nets at bedtime
Regularly clear drainages and remove containers that might trap rain water
Use insecticides and follow instructions on their containers
Prompt treatment of infected persons so as to reduce the
spread to other persons through mosquito bites
Avoid self-medication; seek professional advice from healthcare providers
Spread the word that Malaria kills and not the parasite by maintaining a personal
hygiene and observing the measures stated above.
God help us
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by Wsdm: 11:01am On Mar 19, 2013
Mr..Cork:
sorry.. we dont have moskito here in London! undecided
But you have CANCER and other complicated diseases in there.
Re: Facts About Malaria!! by AdamJack(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2013
Yes,
Malaria is caused by parasites that are transmitted to people through the bites of infected mosquitoes.So keep your self and surroundings completely neat and clean.After all our health is wealth.
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Pros and Cons Of HERBAL Bitters(e.g Yoyo Bitters,fijk) by Nairaland Doctors / Normalcy Returns As New Lagos Doctors Resume / COVID-19 Update For December 20 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.