Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,081 members, 7,852,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread (177544 Views)

Pls Advice On Which To Buy Btw Tecno D5 And L3 / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
khazeem:
so d5 and xpera, are dey dsame?.......dis is a middle class phone guy, not errybody can afford to buy a samsung or an iphone for 80k and above wen i can easily get a tecno and still feel what u feel.....IMO WHY PAY MORE!!!
I really dnt get wat u driving @ bro!
I like Tecno Products but D5 let me dwn witout 3G. Dis is 2013 bro and everybody needs fast internet connection.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
Kamaye: yeah that's my thought also, sincerely D5 is a good phone but i can't buy a smartphone without 3g. however i learned from tecno's website that there would be a tecno N5 coming soon i hope it comes with all feartures of D5 plus 3g, so lets wait and see.
Let's keep our hopes high a bit. Perhaps, they hav taken our petition in2 consideration
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ncoolboiy(m): 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
n5 will be beta if it has evrytin but i wish d price is afordable...
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lord Orochimaru: Thought of buying the F7 or N7 but the cash is too much in our dry country so...using a bb so I think getting the D5 is a great idea...the BB can download the basic multimedia files you need(songs and Vids)...games can be collected from others via flash share or downloaded with the BB and sent to the phone...for the lack of 3g, how many of you pple can afford data plans for android...it is worth the cash and more...its the D3 I would dump for the N3 but not the d5...the D5 makes up for the lack of 3G in many ways...great processor, bigger screen, better OS...etc...
your own better oh,how i wish you were close to me,you for dy send me file scartter,like say rain dy fall for "rain island"

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
n_coolboiy:
tanx ooo, i realy like 2 buy n3 or p3 before but d screen discouraged me cos am a full time gamer... Though d lack of 3G is a real set bak but wit oda feature itz gud for me... I wont hav to download a file datz more dan 50mb cos i got many friends wit android (flash share made everytin easy) nd got some cache nd apks on ma pc too
your own better oh,how i wish you were close to me,you for dy send me file scartter,like say rain dy fall for "rain island"
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by tateezee(m): 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
Godvilla: Dont get it twisted!!!
U want 2 dwnld HD games worth 500MB-1.5GB with TD5?
Haba bro... Dat aint gonna work cos Edge cant dwnld large files but if u can exercise patient and dwlnd, lets say FIFA 12 for 1 week cheesy No probs... U can go ahead.
Good luck!!!
WiFi noni
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by mikeeze(m): 8:43am On Jun 04, 2013
shuld i go for d5 ova p3...pls advice needed plssss
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ncoolboiy(m): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2013
mikeeze: shuld i go for d5 ova p3...pls advice needed plssss
if u don't hav a pc or friends wit loaded android u'l regret buyin d5 cos of d abscent of 3g but if u wil not be downloadin much tinz d5 will be gr8 wit oda spec it as...
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2013
P3 thread shutdown? True?
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ajaolu(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
kokoboy11: pls tell me about the quality of your mouthpiece/mic.
Do a voice recording and notice the sound quality.

the recording quality is one of the weak sides of Tecno D5, after noticing the low quality recording by the inbuilt app, i went on the downloaded one of the best and highest quality android sound recorders (HiQ mp3 recorder) but still, very poor sound recording, that was when i am sure that it is an hardware issue, and not with the softwares, and besides this mic issue makes it difficult for the other party to hear your conversation very well without yelling during phone call. The flashlight is also like as if it is faulty because if you switched that led light on with the inbuilt flashlight app, it will be very dull, almost useless unlike the Tecno D3 whose flashlight is much better, i even returned it to the dealer where i was told that is how the particular phone model was made, both cameras are also below average, also, obviously No 3G and above all these problems are hardware issues which cannot be corrected with any application/software. Anyway if you can live with all these cons, the phone is SUPERB for the price.
Pls. I have bricked my phone now when trying to install antitheft component of avast antivirus on NAND so BEWARE!! How you give root permissions to your apps, can you please upload your nandroid backup (which contains "system.yaff.img" and others). Thanks.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ajaolu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ajaolu(m): 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
Please, all geeks and gurus in the thread, we need a working CWM recovery for our dear Tecno D5 then improved custom ROMs. I wish this thread is as groundbreaking as that of Tecno N3 soonest.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by kokoboy11(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
ajaolu: The recording quality is one of the weak sides of Tecno D5, after noticing the low quality recording by the inbuilt app, i went on the downloaded one of the best and highest quality android sound recorders (HiQ mp3 recorder) but still, very poor sound recording, that was when i am sure that it is an hardware issue, and not with the softwares, and besides this mic issue makes it difficult for the other party to hear your conversation very well without yelling during phone call. The flashlight is also like as if it is faulty because if you switched that led light on with the inbuilt flashlight app, it will be very dull, almost useless unlike the Tecno D3 whose flashlight is much better, i even returned it to the dealer where i was told that is how the particular phone model was made, both cameras are also below average, also, obviously No 3G and above all these problems are hardware issues which cannot be corrected with any application/software. Anyway if you can live with all these cons, the phone is SUPERB for the price.
Pls. I have bricked my phone now when trying to install antitheft component of avast antivirus on NAND so BEWARE!! How you give root permissions to your apps, can you please upload your nandroid backup (which contains "system.yaff.img" and others). Thanks.

It's a software problem Bro, a bug in the first official 4.0.4 OS. we need to let them realise this so they can correct it with a software update. Samsung fixed this bug in the GS2.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by kokoboy11(m): 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
ajaolu: The recording quality is one of the weak sides of Tecno D5, after noticing the low quality recording by the inbuilt app, i went on the downloaded one of the best and highest quality android sound recorders (HiQ mp3 recorder) but still, very poor sound recording, that was when i am sure that it is an hardware issue, and not with the softwares, and besides this mic issue makes it difficult for the other party to hear your conversation very well without yelling during phone call. The flashlight is also like as if it is faulty because if you switched that led light on with the inbuilt flashlight app, it will be very dull, almost useless unlike the Tecno D3 whose flashlight is much better, i even returned it to the dealer where i was told that is how the particular phone model was made, both cameras are also below average, also, obviously No 3G and above all these problems are hardware issues which cannot be corrected with any application/software. Anyway if you can live with all these cons, the phone is SUPERB for the price.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2013
Are you guys really sure that d5 is worth having,p3 complain has not gotten these far oh,re-think oh,i think p3 is worth having to d5,("i stand to be corrected")
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by mikeeze(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Law naza: Are you guys really sure that d5 is worth having,p3 complain has not gotten these far oh,re-think oh,i think p3 is worth having to d5,("i stand to be corrected"wink
y do u say so...dey said d5 is beta except frm d 3g aspect
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ncoolboiy(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2013
Law naza: Are you guys really sure that d5 is worth having,p3 complain has not gotten these far oh,re-think oh,i think p3 is worth having to d5,("i stand to be corrected"wink
d5 is alright only d 3g absence.... Av u held d fone b4??... Itz ok for typin cos d p3 screen is too small for me nd for gamin too
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
when last i reviewed this phone some guys slammed me and since then i cant see them come back and answer questions being asked here,....the thing is that if you want a phone that can satisfy your urge for Game and watching videos then you can get D5 and if your are also a par time internet surfer u can also get the phone but if you are planning to depend on the internet to get most of the game for this phone , then i tell you got it wrong, this phone internet speed run 3.5kb-24kbs and such speed cannot sustain google market time out, someone said something about downloading a game for a week or so, you are thinking of the impossible.....So my conclusion is this if you want D5 and you are a game freak,i advice you be sure you have wifi or a friend that got the app file.....Thanks.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
D5 is d best tecno eva. will give u d sceenshot of real footbol 12,, pes 12. fifa 12, gta 3 on my darling d5 soon.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 12:02am On Jun 05, 2013
as for 3g. get any cheap fone dat support 3g and hotspot. den connect ur d5 via d wifi. d speed is x3 of using just normal 3g on fone
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 12:57am On Jun 05, 2013
Fifa 12 on my darling d5
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 1:00am On Jun 05, 2013
Peroluv: D5 is d best tecno eva. will give u d sceenshot of real footbol 12,, pes 12. fifa 12, gta 3 on my darling d5 soon.
drop it oh before p3 take us away
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 1:01am On Jun 05, 2013
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2013
how do o upload pix. have not upload b4
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 05, 2013
i think android.mob.org is a best site to download games to your pc then to your phone without the interuption of the 3g
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by ncoolboiy(m): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2013
if u wanna enjoy normal browsin nd normal download u should get d best edge network in ur area.. A girl jst bought d fone nd was tryin to download whatsapp of 9mb wit mtn edge, i was lik girl get a beta network... As for my own area, airtel edge is very good nd very stable for browsin nd normal download......

1 Like

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Peroluv(m): 8:10am On Jun 05, 2013
Fifa 12

Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Lawnaza: 8:54am On Jun 05, 2013
Peroluv: Fifa 12
ok,more more more,make me fall in love with d5,love never dies
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by iamteaser: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2013
Pls, how can I download PES 2012 or any other year on my Tecno D5. I'll be very glad if someone can give a specific download link.
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by iamteaser: 9:47am On Jun 05, 2013
Peroluv: Fifa 12
please, where can I get the PES 2012 from? *waiting patiently for your reply*
Re: The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread by Gsluv(m): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2013
I have the etisalat tecno p3 for sale at 11,500. just got it from etisalat bur will prefer d5 cos of larger screen. kall 08160883072 for order.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (48) (Reply)

Zain's Browsing- Your Experience / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / Download PES 19 ISO PPSSPP Game For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.