Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! (17042 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 42nd Birthday Today / Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / Latest: Wage row between Okocha and Bolton wanderers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by spikelord(m): 12:32am On May 10, 2006
Back to Okocha's issue, I read it in the newspaper ,

Allardyce came up with a lame excuse that he fired Okocha due to old age grin grin grin grin grin grin What a mess,
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by kilo4uall(m): 9:40am On May 10, 2006
that was really bad of Allaydcye. this looks like racism , N'gotty and Okocha.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by amodu(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2006
He as tried a lot and he needs to rest.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by bolex(m): 12:34pm On May 10, 2006
he should probably be one of Nigerian's new coaches

That would be best

cool
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by LoverBwoy(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2006
kilo4uall:

that was really bad of Allaydcye. this looks like racism , N'gotty and Okocha.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you think okocha is playing well enough for a team that "wants to move forward"
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Christino(m): 1:37pm On May 10, 2006
Fadiga has also been released by Bolton, Allardyce needs to be whooped in the ass. Because he lost the Multi million pound England deal he wants to bring his team down, let's see what happens next. He still has a fair number of blacks in his squad, Jaidi, Faye, Diouf and Gardener.

It is the experience in the squad that has brought them far. It was Okocha's presence that lured Hierro to Bolton as well as other star players like Nakata, Borgetti and Jardel (who did not click).

Bolton woulda been fighting for top 4 now had he not counted on sentiments to reject Rivaldo's slash of 60k a week to play for them, just 2 months after finishing as second highest goal scorer in the world cup.

That guy is a gambler, and I won't be surprised if Bolton goes down like Birmingham next season. For all I care, remove Stelios, Nolan and Jaaskelainen and Bolton will be back in the nationwide league grin

Needless to say, it is a shame that Sam released the world's best ever natural 10 (Okocha Le God)who single handedly saved him from relegation (still remember the last freekick that saved Sam's Job) and who's presence has brought bigger players. Let us wish Bolton well so that Okocha will always be remembered for laying the foundation, and as for Allardyce, he should remember that his Old players have always been the key to his achievement and not the feeders. Remember the carling cup final with Boro?
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by lordimpaq(m): 1:48pm On May 10, 2006
"saved" past tense, how is his form now?

how is he helpin them now,

in the last 2 games okocha played, he gave a away the ball 75% of the time,

fine he helped them, but life has to go on,

because ruud van nistelrooy helped manutd in the past doesn't mean he should stay in manutd,

fine, he lured them, now they are established and now benchin him so wats the way forward

Leave, if he stays theree he'll warm the bench more than this season that just finished
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by bolaoni(m): 1:50pm On May 10, 2006
Racism? Naijarians!

So many coaches have let go their best players when they feel they don't need them any longer so what is this noise about racism?

Bolton is paying Okocha so if they want to lay him off, so be it.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by fidelisos: 8:52pm On May 10, 2006
I think j.j has made his mark in football. He should quietly leave when the ovation is loudest.
I wish him all the best.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by vichel(m): 10:51pm On May 10, 2006
After what he did for them 2 consecutive seasons. I just hope another premiership club would be smart enough to take cos Jay Jay can still demolish any defence in the world, and he can still make players eat dust. Thats the truth
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Priscila(f): 11:07am On May 11, 2006
I liked Okocha so much and I will miss him. He could have forged his years to be now 26 and not 32 so that he could have played for five decades.
But I guess he is over 35 years.
Bye sweetheart.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by amodu(m): 11:43am On May 11, 2006
@ bolex j.j said he doesnt want to be a coach when he was interview on bold faces.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by bolex(m): 12:01pm On May 11, 2006
@ amodu

when he claimed to wanna retire from Naija team

he said he wd be glad to be a nigerian coach

the guy shud not mess himself up & go coaching some other country o

what show is BOLD FACES please ?
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by larger20(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2006
He was not released, he was fired!@
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by bolaoni(m): 12:53pm On May 11, 2006
@priscy,

Na wa for you o. You want the old man to die on the field?

All, J. J. has tried abeg let's wish him well where ever he goes. It is good to even leave the scene when the ovation is loudest. Do we expect him to be playing rubbush until he is kicked out?
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Priscila(f): 4:30pm On May 11, 2006
bolaoni!
Its just that I liked Bolton to some extent because of him. thank God my most annoying player Ngotty is out I might have some strings for Campo.
Okocha was the best in that team and I wish he played up to 35 as they say he is 32.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Rare(m): 11:10am On May 12, 2006
I am glad alot of people still appreciate Okocha and his contributions. To think that I have friends , here, who always condemn him for our World Cup dissappoinments!!!
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by twinstaiye(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2006
Bolton will later regret they let off Okocha. We all know Okocha, you will see him in the peak of his game in whatever team he decided to join. I insisted that Okocha is not finished yet. At least Efe Sodje said the same.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Christino(m): 7:00pm On May 12, 2006
When PSG released Okocha, they thought he was done, look at what happened in Bolton afterwards?

When Inter Released Kanu, they thought he was done, the rest is history.

When Liverpool released Diouf, they thought he was gone.

When Chelsea released Mateja Kezman -- ask athletico

Barca? ask Sevilla about Saviola

Barca? You all know what Riqulme means to Villareal

Let's not go into the details of Man U Forlan Villareal.

Lens thought Utaka was finished, they bundled him to Rennes.

Tottenham thought Odemwingie was not worth it, they can say the same now shei?

Man U bouced Mikel and One other guy, they are ready to pay 18m again.

Juve Offloaded Henry because he wouldn't click, now there is only one thierry Henry.

Real would see nothing good in Eto'o, ask Mallorca,not Barca.

Enrico Chiesa is old, alive and kicking and so is Paulo Di Canio.

The beauty of such old stars is that they are match winners on a good day. I cannot really say that Bolton will regret selling Okocha, but needless to say, whenever they meet with Okocha's club, he needs to punish them - at least Spell Allardyce.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Priscila(f): 10:05am On May 13, 2006
people like sheringham of Westham are 40 years and still playing why not Jay jay
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by LoverBwoy(m): 11:06am On May 13, 2006
beacause people are different alan shaerer retired in his mid 30s

Okocha is suffering from re-occuring injuries, thats a tale-tell sign he's ageing
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by mochafella(m): 12:22am On May 14, 2006
Priscila:

people like sheringham of Westham are 40 years and still playing why not Jay jay

Only "one in a million" last till that age, and knowing Nigerian footballers, I wonder about his age.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by gidig(m): 12:21pm On May 14, 2006
Like most Nigerians, the only reason why I follow Bolton Wanderers is the presence in the team of JJ.Granted, team can lay off players but the way the JJ thing was handled was not it at all. It started from the way the captainship band was taken from him.He should have sensed something then.It has been confirmed that he was asked to take a wage cut to stay i Bolton and he refused.

I took my search to the team's blog on teamtalk to really know what people are saying-not the nigerian press.I think these guys agree that the England Job distacted Sam a lot.I also think that for team whose only ambition was surviving relegation, the talk of qualifying for Europe has entered their head. and they think they have arrived.Next season will be their reality check!

If JJ were to go after what he has done for them( and Ivan Campo is retained,who does not have the midfield vision of Okocha) they should at least think of a proper testimonial for him.There should be something to tell him that he was respecetd.Some of the comments of their fans is unfortunate.I still believe that JJ can still paly at that level for one or two years with international retirement.

I hope an english club will sign him on for two more seasons, so he can go back to Bolton on an away match to show them what they missed,score some spectacular goals and dribble their legs numb!

Let us see the bolton of next season!
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by spikelord(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2006
Priscila:

And who told you Sherringham still plays international football?

So is Okocha, he only retired from International Football not at clubside level
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Christino(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2006
Think of Zola, Di Canio, Paul Merson, Steffen Effenberg, Larsson, Bergkamp, Zizu, Inzaghi, Stam, Maldini and Alan Shearer, Chei, OKocha dey O!
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by spikelord(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2006
Yeah, Okocha is still okay as a footballer
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by bolaoni(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2006
Whats this talk about Bolton regretting?

Did Chelsea regret for letting Lebouf and Desailly Go?

Did Man U regret 4 letting Barthez and this head kisser go, whats his name sef?

When players don reach when they need to pack up, it is better to let them go in peace and not cause the club a lot of damages.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Greatpeter(m): 2:38pm On May 17, 2006
Allerdyce (Bid sam) released Okocha because he did not accept pay cut.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Christino(m): 5:27pm On May 17, 2006
bolaoni:

Whats this talk about Bolton regretting?

Did Chelsea regret for letting Lebouf and Desailly Go?

Did Man U regret 4 letting Barthez and this head kisser go, whats his name sef?

When players don reach when they need to pack up, it is better to let them go in peace and not cause the club a lot of damages.

Okocha did not leave under the same circumstances as Beckham, Keane or Viera. He was unceremoniously released, without any ovation for all his contribution to the club, you need to see the club's website, man.

I can't believe you are a naija man.
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by bolex(m): 9:12am On May 18, 2006
name first 10 to 20 best footballers in the world

Okocha is gonna be in

They think Eto is better than him

but they lie

they know he is better

We all know that

crap cool
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by Christino(m): 1:35pm On May 18, 2006
Eto'o won't make the world's top 50 all time best strikers. If it is about goals then you have to talk of kiddies like
Wayne Rooney, Kris Boyd and Jan Klaas Huntelaar (all below 22 and very consistent)
Re: Jay-jay Okocha Released: By Bolton Wanderers FC! by spikelord(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2006
Okocha had been the best to have ever come out of Africa. Who else?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Austin Eguavoen: My Appointment As Eagles Interim Coach Surprised Me / Ahmed Musa Closes In On Yobo, Enyeama National Team Record Of Most Appearance / Chukwueze Ends 17-Game La Liga Goal Drought With Brace In Villarreal Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.