Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (592526 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by parisbluefox: 8:51am On Jun 13, 2013
Bro please i need to know more about this Maple agency. Are they reliable? please share your contact info so we can talk more please.

olufemi14: @Kayce43: Tanx bro.. Awaiting urs dis wk by God's grace.. And to oda Medical n TRV awaitees, God'll surely answer ur prayers.. 1ce again. Tanx n God bless
@olawunmi: Conestoga college, Kitchener, Ontario.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2013
dommakavelli:

Lmaooo....you won negotiate with CDHC or Wetin?...loooooolzz
Well, i've never seen such case.

If you're asked to pay full tuition n accommodation, you can (must) pay the full tuition n leave d accommodation. But you have to give a reasonable explanation n evidence on y you won't pay for accommodation.
For example, G-rock's homestay letter.

@ siga and dommakavelli, Thank you very much for clarifying me on this issue.

Remain bless,
Nicemax.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2013
tolulopepeter: Please house, I submitted my application on the 5th of April at VAC but I haven't heard anything...please, what do u advise or think? This is the 10th week.
NB : I didn't add letter of intent becos it was not in the checklist.
NB : Please, don't console me..just sincere with me...

I will appreciate your responses.

Letter of intent is an added advantage ßuђ not mandatory...
If for instance,you were very detailed in answering the questions asked in the questionnaire form,i.e. Why did you choose your course of study?
That settles the issue of letter of intent.

I advise you write a letter of intent,like a page(it is very possible that a VO can come across a line or two that'll spark up his /her interest in ur application), you can never be denied TRV cos you submitted a letter of intent alongside with ur application,ßuђ you can comforatbly be denied a TRV cos you didn't express urself and intentions for intended program well enough.

Also,going by the latest development @ CDHC, invitation for medicals is normally between the 7th-8th week, urs is gradually taking longer than expected.
I advise you allow this week to elapse and by mid-next week,if you don't hear from them,you can do them a mail of inquiry about the status of ur application.

Exercise a lil more patience ok...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2013
Thanks much. I feel putting it won't do any harm & congrats on your medical call once again. We will all get there God's willing. Cheers.

2-chains:

Yes I did to be honest.
What I did was at the part it said upload letter of explanation, I scanned my letter of explanation, birth certificate, police clearance into the same document and uploaded it there.
Although say nah oversabi but I just figured that if they see it then I wouldn't be requested to send it later on. And no I wasn't asked for it afterwards.

PS: it might not be relevant.
PS, PS: sampitts was the pioneer of the online method on this page of the thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 9:18am On Jun 13, 2013
Good day ause.....Please can someone explain to me how a write a letter of intent,Though i have submit on 28th of may,Paper work and i am wondering if its possible to still send the letter and if not,I will like to have the knowledge of the letter of intent so please,explain the content to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2013
Onye oma:

Letter of intent is an added advantage ßuђ not mandatory...
If for instance,you were very detailed in answering the questions asked in the questionnaire form,i.e. Why did you choose your course of study?
That settles the issue of letter of intent.

I advise you write a letter of intent,like a page(it is very possible that a VO can come across a line or two that'll spark up his /her interest in ur application), you can never be denied TRV cos you submitted a letter of intent alongside with ur application,ßuђ you can comforatbly be denied a TRV cos you didn't express urself and intentions for intended program well enough.

Also,going by the latest development @ CDHC, invitation for medicals is normally between the 7th-8th week, urs is gradually taking longer than expected.
I advise you allow this week to elapse and by mid-next week,if you don't hear from them,you can do them a mail of inquiry about the status of ur application.

Exercise a lil more patience ok...
Very correct. I think it's the letter of intent that sparks the VO to call me for an interview.she wanted to be sure of my study intention and genuineness. cos I have 6yr gap in my academic career b4 intending to study in Canada. She logically asked some questions around the letter of intent.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 10:09am On Jun 13, 2013
newacca:
Very correct. I think it's the letter of intent that sparks the VO to call me for an interview.she wanted to be sure of my study intention and genuineness. cos I have 6yr gap in my academic career b4 intending to study in Canada. She logically asked some questions around the letter of intent.

First and foremost, thank you for your responses.

Please, could you forward your sample letter of intent to oyekanmitolu@yahoo.ca or oyekanmitolu@gmail.com...i would like to go there today and submit it.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 10:09am On Jun 13, 2013
tolulopepeter: Please house, I submitted my application on the 5th of April at VAC but I haven't heard anything...please, what do u advise or think? This is the 10th week.
NB : I didn't add letter of intent becos it was not in the checklist.
NB : Please, don't console me..just sincere with me...

I will appreciate your responses.
I submitted on 2nd April with letter of Intent and other necessary documents.yet haven't be contacted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2013
accra2005:
I submitted on 2nd April with letter of Intent and other necessary documents.yet haven't be contacted

That puts my mind at rest a little...i will go there today or tommorrow...i will let the house know whatever they say..I believe our testimonies are on the way(Amen).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hersweetness(f): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2013
Please does anyone know any canadian university that has winter start dates for Masters in communication or communication related courses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2013
Please does any one know if UWindsor offers PGDipl (Pre-Masters) programs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2013
tolulopepeter:

Please, could you forward your sample letter of intent to oyekanmitolu@yahoo.ca or oyekanmitolu@gmail.com...i would like to go there today and submit it.

Thank you once again.

Please, i am still expecting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2013
tolulopepeter:

Thank you once again.

I would not mind also.....tebenezer80@yahoo.com or tpl90@yahoo.com I will be expecting your swift respond plz...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
2-chains:

Yes I did to be honest.
What I did was at the part it said upload letter of explanation, I scanned my letter of explanation, birth certificate, police clearance into the same document and uploaded it there.
Although say nah oversabi but I just figured that if they see it then I wouldn't be requested to send it later on. And no I wasn't asked for it afterwards.

PS: it might not be relevant.
PS, PS: sampitts was the pioneer of the online method on this page of the thread.

@2chains do u upload ur transcript and degree certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
Just this morning I got medical call from CDHC.I submitted online on May 2nd. No payment for tuition nor payment for boarding. I think they must have seen that I am capable to pay based on the account I submitted with $32,400. I am self-sponsored. I have been to Canada for 6 times since 2005 but last year I applied but was turned down cos of no sufficient despite having a valid visa running then. I then traveled to Canada last year for my holiday and used the opportunity to apply inside Canada for student permit but was refused and said I would need to apply outside Canada and that I am not the applicant referred to in the law. I did medical last year in Canada and mentioned it that I did in my application. I didnt hold any information back. What I would suggest at this forum is to be honest as possible with your application and documentation you are using to support the application. Any mis-information is a red flag to turn down an application. Again make your application simple and convincing.

There are many folks in this forum who are skillful in offering advice and for those who are about to apply take the pain to read previous posts. Dont be lazy. Despite the fact that I have a good travel history I gained a lot from this forum. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge. There is no one plus one equal two on this forum. Take pain to read posts and take decisions based on your own case. Each case are not the same even though you are applying for the same visa category.

Good luck to those who are expecting their own medicals. All the best to those who have secured their TRV.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
hayek: Just this morning I got medical call from CDHC.I submitted online on May 2nd. No payment for tuition nor payment for boarding. I think they must have seen that I am capable to pay based on the account I submitted with $32,400. I am self-sponsored. I have been to Canada for 6 times since 2005 but last year I applied but was turned down cos of no sufficient despite having a valid visa running then. I then traveled to Canada last year for my holiday and used the opportunity to apply inside Canada for student permit but was refused and said I would need to apply outside Canada and that I am not the applicant referred to in the law. I did medical last year in Canada and mentioned it that I did in my application. I didnt hold any information back. What I would suggest at this forum is to be honest as possible with your application and documentation you are using to support the application. Any mis-information is a red flag to turn down an application. Again make your application simple and convincing.

There are many folks in this forum who are skillful in offering advice and for those who are about to apply take the pain to read previous posts. Dont be lazy. Despite the fact that I have a good travel history I gained a lot from this forum. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge. There is no one plus one equal two on this forum. Take pain to read posts and take decisions based on your own case. Each case are not the same even though you are applying for the same visa category.

Good luck to those who are expecting their own medicals. All the best to those who have secured their TRV.

Congrats bro...this online route don dey enter my eye ooo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
hayek: Just this morning I got medical call from CDHC.I submitted online on May 2nd. No payment for tuition nor payment for boarding. I think they must have seen that I am capable to pay based on the account I submitted with $32,400. I am self-sponsored. I have been to Canada for 6 times since 2005 but last year I applied but was turned down cos of no sufficient despite having a valid visa running then. I then traveled to Canada last year for my holiday and used the opportunity to apply inside Canada for student permit but was refused and said I would need to apply outside Canada and that I am not the applicant referred to in the law. I did medical last year in Canada and mentioned it that I did in my application. I didnt hold any information back. What I would suggest at this forum is to be honest as possible with your application and documentation you are using to support the application. Any mis-information is a red flag to turn down an application. Again make your application simple and convincing.

Congrats bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ceomrcash: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2013

Congrats bro! Seems dt dis online route de vry fast o. Dis ma 6weeks of submision via d paper route, bt no medical cal yet. Mi tire oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
I have always opined that the online route is faster as stipulated on their website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
newacca:

@newacca, please I would like to have a copy of ur letter of intent and also the questions u were asked by VO . Kindly forward it via my email address below.

Nicemax38@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Ceejay2: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2013

Congrats bro. Did u apply online here in Nigeria also was there any question about if you were refused before? Also as a self sponspor what are d docs u submited did u uplaod all docs online?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
Being a self-sponsored person, I only provided my 1. Statement of accounts with $34K plus 2. Letter from my employer that I would still be in their payroll during my education, 3. my land allocation by Ogun State government which I have paid for. 4. Accommodation initial deposit receipt of $400. I applied online here in Nigeria and upload the documents after I have reduced the size to amount required per document. Anyone can be refused for whatever reason but the bottomline is to tell the truth that you have been refused before in your application. I told them that I had been refused twice for student permit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Ceejay2: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
hayek: Being a self-sponsored person, I only provided my 1. Statement of accounts with $34K plus 2. Letter from my employer that I would still be in their payroll during my education, 3. my land allocation by Ogun State government which I have paid for. 4. Accommodation initial deposit receipt of $400. I applied online here in Nigeria and upload the documents after I have reduced the size to amount required per document. Anyone can be refused for whatever reason but the bottomline is to tell the truth that you have been refused before in your application. I told them that I had been refused twice for student permit.

Thanks for the info bros. Did u submit ur transcripts and uni cert and as for the land doc hw were u able to do dat was it d CofO u submitted or jus buildin plan and power of attorney \ receipts. Did u also submit any letter of explanation as well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
I didnt submit any transcript but sent my certificate. The bottomline is transcript is for the school to give you admission. Embassy rarely request for it when it doubt. As for the land thing, I only submitted the letter with which the land was allocated to me with Ref number and they can check if they want cos it is genuine. This is not C of O nor Building plan. I submitted a letter of Academic statements. In fact I attached it with my admission letter since I believe that is where it should belong so that it would be read together. It is a one and half page thing which is well written. But by and large try to make your application simple but convincing. As for the ties to Nigeria I have good travelling record and in fact attached my previous Canada Visas. Aside I have my kids here and wife they are not following me on this trip but that create ties.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ceejay2:

Congrats bro. Did u apply online here in Nigeria also was there any question about if you were refused before? Also as a self sponspor what are d docs u submited did u uplaod all docs online?

The truth is that the online platform addresses each individual personally as such, the requirements might differ based on your answers to the initial survey with which your accompanying documentations is generated. Therefor, I advise you fill the form first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kolaide(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
hayek: Being a self-sponsored person, I only provided my 1. Statement of accounts with $34K plus 2. Letter from my employer that I would still be in their payroll during my education, 3. my land allocation by Ogun State government which I have paid for. 4. Accommodation initial deposit receipt of $400. I applied online here in Nigeria and upload the documents after I have reduced the size to amount required per document. Anyone can be refused for whatever reason but the bottomline is to tell the truth that you have been refused before in your application. I told them that I had been refused twice for student permit.

I also did so in my application,but didnt include my UCI no because i was naive of this earlier,Not until i got to this forum...plz,what effect does this make on one's application

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
If I may ask, did you apply online or paper application? when did you submit? if you apply through paper application, that does not mean anything but if you apply online it would be good to provide any previous reference you have from the same mission. I dont think it would have much impact on your application anyway. That is not so gross to deny your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
2-chains:
@ceo cash. Pls I need to ask you a few questions. And please Sampitts!!! Where are you oh oga? I wan ask u sumthng.
oga 2-chains i dey o. I jst dey try put tins 2geda. Whats up?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
God please let them answer us on time too o..those of us that did it the old way(the paper route) Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
pleas I need your help, can you remember I said I have been refuse before base on business visa, and on the study form it was only writhing if you have been refuse of sturdy permit before not business visa, so what do u think I should file, cuz I said no,since the form is not the same as the business form on the sturdy application form ? And it was stated if I have been refused of sturdy permit before,

And, I finished my university degree 2009 but I served in 2013 on the application it's says if there is any Gap in my academic I should state what I have been doing do I need to state any thin or I should just say there is no GAP ? Pleas I need ur urgent reply. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
nicemax:

@newacca, please I would like to have a copy of ur letter of intent and also the questions u were asked by VO . Kindly forward it via my email address below.

Nicemax38@yahoo.com
All those who need letter of intent,please try and check Part2 or 3 of this thread. I think [b]@earthgreener [/b]uploaded one sometimes last year.
Honestly,I don't have a soft copy of the letter. More so,writing one ain't a biggie. Please guys,let us learn to do some things by ourselves. Letter of intent could best the fashioned out by yourself,since it is all about you. Let me give you guideline:
1)Introduce yourself: Little into about urself;your name,age and profession
2)Your academic qualification: Academic qualification+ any professional accolade
3)Objectives: what you will benefit in studying in Canada
4)Reason: why you want to study in Canada and why you chose the intended institution
5)Financial capability: mention how you will fund your studies (sponsored or self sponsored) and how the fund will be available to you. Emphasize on the capability of ur sponsor n his willingness. If you are self-sponsor,emphasize on ur capability,how u get d money n how it will continue coming even when u r outta 9ja
6)Family tie: Let 'em knw why you will come back home. abt dat ur loved family,about dat ur wifey or fiance/e as d case may be. tell 'em abt dat ur properties,about d job prospect of ur intended course,about d future of ur biz if u r self-employed.
Shikenah! Make sure u make it easily readable and straight 4ward as much as possible. 1page of A4 shld be enough.
I wish you all the best.
ciao

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
teapea8484: pleas I need your help, can you remember I said I have been refuse before base on business visa, and on the study form it was only writhing if you have been refuse of sturdy permit before not business visa, so what do u think I should file, cuz I said no,since the form is not the same as the business form on the sturdy application form ? And it was stated if I have been refused of sturdy permit before,

And, I finished my university degree 2009 but I served in 2013 on the application it's says if there is any Gap in my academic I should state what I have been doing do I need to state any thin or I should just say there is no GAP ? Pleas I need ur urgent reply. Thanks.

As par d Gap...dnt write no. Write yes n explain what you've bin doing. ( 2009-2013)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.