Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587416 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
2-chains:

Was discovered in central and South America by European explorers but was first documented to be used in 3000 BC in china not Africa.
Story will always favour the hunters until the lions tell their stories by themselves. Eweola as the Yoruba will call it is as old as time itself. Africans are bad with record keeping,and we are paying so dearly for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
hayek: @chains] Yes they can reject is after applicant is called for medical for some reasons. I know of a guy who was turned down cos his SOA was Oluwole. Also applicant can be refused after medical if there is some diseases which cannot be cured immediately. I heard of a guy on this forum who was turned down until he is cured of his TB.
Lailai. They won't refuse you if you have any disease. They will give you time to get the sickness treated.(I repeat,they will never refuse your visa application because of ANY disease)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
That's the forms u need,and checklist.The forms are also available on their website.There is nothing like TRV form.
U have to state what u have been doing since then like employment,it would be a big red flag to tell them that you have been unable to make your JAMB.
rilly2000: [color=#006600][/color]Hey guy, i went to the vfs office on friday to submit my application but on reaching there, they only gave me student permit application form, family information form and student questionnaire. But they didn't give me the TRV form, so i donno if its okay like that.

And, now I'm about the fill my student questionnaire form, i finished my secondary school 2010 but since then, I've not been doing anything apart from jamb, so, i need help on what to fill in that *gap in academic history to date*.

A quick response to this question will be appreciated.
kolnel: Good day house .
My parents did medicals about three weeks ago.
The status right now is "contact the visa application centre for further instructions. Your attention is required at the earliest.
Pls what does it imply cos I live far away from lagos and schedule is kind of tight right now.
Thanks.

They are yet to update your portal after medics,This was what it read when u were called for medics.mine still read the same,it is now 3wks since I did medics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
Sincerely,it would not be enough.Normally,it should be enough,because even my sponsor's account was not upto that.I know you are going to flight school which has very high tuition fees.But,if the SOA in one time or the other,had an amount that is more than 7.5M(say 10M),it can be okay.
When the VO sees that you are going to flight school,she/he would review your. SOA because they know is an expensive program
adexcube: Pls guys a quick question here, my tuition fees plus living expenses reads 8.5M and the duration is 1yr but rgt now my sponsor's acct reads 7.5M but with properties of over 100M to back it up. Am I good to go or I should wait till he sells one of the properties Pls guys help a brother. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rilly2000: 12:55am On Jul 08, 2013
bullstriker: That's the forms u need,and checklist.The forms are also available on their website.There is nothing like TRV form.
U have to state what u have been doing since then like employment,it would be a big red flag to tell them that you have been unable to make your JAMB.

Okay, so as a bro, what will you advice me to write there? Or should i just put nil there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2013
adexcube: Pls guys a quick question here, my tuition fees plus living expenses reads 8.5M and the duration is 1yr but rgt now my sponsor's acct reads 7.5M but with properties of over 100M to back it up. Am I good to go or I should wait till he sells one of the properties Pls guys help a brother. Thanks.

If ur dad is ur sponsor also I fink its good coupled with wat @buljstriker said..all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 6:16am On Jul 08, 2013
Whatever answer u give,u need to provide document(s) to proof it to the VO.if u are employed,u need employment letter and reference letter from your employer.
U can't just write nil,because the VO would see the year u left school from your WAEC certificate.it's all upto u bro,how well you answer it,might determine if u are getting your study permit or not
rilly2000:

Okay, so as a bro, what will you advice me to write there? Or should i just put nil there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 11:36am On Jul 08, 2013
TEAM WINTER (JANUARY2014)
1. Huzzie PG Centennial JULY *
2. Bashtec9 PG Sheridan
3. Teexzle PG Lambton
4. Chrigo PG Lambton
5. Oreroyce UG UoRegina
6. Janut PG UoRegina
7. Humanshado PG UBC
8. Meyson UG UoRegina
9. Kicon PG centennial college
10. Teapea UG MUN
11. Cherokee ? Concordia/Dalhouise/UoRegina
12. Gwobo PG UoManitoba/UoSask/UoRegina
13. Ugoh11 PG Uocalgary/MUN
14. EMEKS86 UG UNB
15. Richard4ssky PG GeorgeBrown

N.B- If you are a prospective student for winter admission please indicate, you would have to provide your intended level and university/college.
*submission date
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
@adexcube...lets be realistic here; dont shoot yourself in the leg, would you explain to the VO that you would sell some of your sponsor's properties to support your education?The only thing that could make this SOA stand is the cashflow history, because u wont what to drain all the money in this account when instructed to pay tuition and board fee, my opinion dou,God knows best sha.

I am ready to storm CDHC with my docx for winter resumption,my Agency should submit next week. I pray for God's favour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sowetto(m): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello everyone in the house. I have been following this thread and I find the posts quite helpful. I want to apply for TRV for the January semester. I will like to know if August will be too late for me to submit my application. Also my passport expires in march next year. Will that be an issue for me?. A big thanks to all those who have been contributing. You guys have been of great help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto: Hello everyone in the house. I have been following this thread and I find the posts quite helpful. I want to apply for TRV for the January semester. I will like to know if August will be too late for me to submit my application. Also my passport expires in march next year. Will that be an issue for me?. A big thanks to all those who have been contributing. You guys have been of great help.

Nice one, one more to Join Canadians - August is too late parse, but due to any unforseen situation with documents and all that, i will advice that you apply as soon as you could if there is not reason for you to wait till August.
On the passport front, why not just apply for a new passport and use that to apply if there is nothing particular with the old one, but if the expiring one comes with history of your travelling, then, you could use it cos your passport MUST be valid before you enter Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sowetto(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nice one, one more to Join Canadians - August is too late parse, but due to any unforseen situation with documents and all that, i will advice that you apply as soon as you could if there is not reason for you to wait till August.
On the passport front, why not just apply for a new passport and use that to apply if there is nothing particular with the old one, but if the expiring one comes with history of your travelling, then, you could use it cos your passport MUST be valid before you enter Canada.
Thanks. I am currently out of the country and I will be back in August. I cant submit my application from here because my documents are not yet complete.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto:
Thanks. I am currently out of the country and I will be back in August. I cant submit my application from here because my documents are not yet complete.

OK, Good luck and see you in Canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ all, The space for my questionnaire form is too small, please what will I do about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto: Hello everyone in the house. I have been following this thread and I find the posts quite helpful. I want to apply for TRV for the January semester. I will like to know if August will be too late for me to submit my application. Also my passport expires in march next year. Will that be an issue for me?. A big thanks to all those who have been contributing. You guys have been of great help.
Oga Fhemmy has given u a lovely advise, jst 2 buttress his point; if u are considering a college,August is still okay because it doesn't take much time to finalise admission decision,but if its university it would take time and this vary with instituion and course(research/course base), and you would have to put CDHC processing time into consideration.
All the best.cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
Huzzie:
Oga Fhemmy has given u a lovely advise, jst 2 buttress his point; if u are considering a college,August is still okay because it doesn't take much time to finalise admission decision,but if its university it would take time and this vary with instituion and course(research/course base), and you would have to put CDHC processing time into consideration.
All the best.cheers.

I think he is talking about actual submission to the Embassy, meaning he MUST have secure an admission. . . At least that is my understanding
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I think he is talking about actual submission to the Embassy, meaning he MUST have secure an admission. . . At least that is my understanding

Yea...the actual submission time is 4-6 months,at-least,that's is the instruction on the cic website...Thou,many of us are not in-line with the processing time but i think he should do the right thing...And for those of us that fall short of the processing time,I know its absolutely Grace....Grace to succeed with our TRV and proceed to Canny..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
tebenezer:

Yea...the actual submission time is 4-6 months,at-least,that's is the instruction on the cic website...Thou,many of us are not in-line with the processing time but i think he should do the right thing...And for those of us that fall short of the processing time,I know its absolutely Grace....Grace to succeed with our TRV and proceed to Canny..

Yeah, and i personally think that TRV processing to Canada is not an overnight decision which need people to think more about it before applying as well as making sure that all documents are at hands before submitting an application . . .But all is well, and we hope to see more in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hi guys,

I went to the Canadian embassy today. After waiting to 3hrs, i was called on the phone and informed that they are still processing my application and i should be patient.

Did medicals on the 25th of May, and submitted my passport back on the 11th of June, after making a short traveling. So guys i guess we still have to be patient. BTW, i started my application 21st of March.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
dotman: Hi guys,

I went to the Canadian embassy today. After waiting to 3hrs, i was called on the phone and informed that they are still processing my application and i should be patient.

Did medicals on the 25th of May, and submitted my passport back on the 11th of June, after making a short traveling. So guys i guess we still have to be patient. BTW, i started my application 21st of March.

Yeah, patience is a virtue . . . You will be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by phatrat: 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello guys please mu colleague would love to visit Canada he has been to the USA, France, India, China he need to know the procedures and requirement needed for his visa please help thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
dotman: Hi guys,

i did medic May 28 and resubmitted May 30th...have not heard anything... Have mailed CDHC this morning and have gotten no reply after an automated reply...

Worried
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I didnt read his message well.Thanks boss.
@Soweto...U are good 2 go,that's precisely 5months.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
batteryempty: Pls. gurus in the house, am an ardent reader and keen follower of this thread.

I am seeking an admission into a doctoral program in Canada in any of the following fields:
1. Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
2. PhD in Business Administration
3. PhD in International Business
4. PhD IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
5. PhD in management

Please does anyone have any information in regards to the University that offers these programs above and what are the GMAT score and their tuition.

Thanks

Check University of Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yeah, patience is a virtue . . . You will be fine.

Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
i_am_saheed:

i did medic May 28 and resubmitted May 30th...have not heard anything... Have mailed CDHC this morning and have gotten no reply after an automated reply...

Worried

Fingers crossed, My finger don taya sef
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2013

Do you mind me asking what program is that expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ Fall applicants....lest i forget, if you have done your medicals and you haven't heard anything from CDHC please,please and please chillax,let me share what i heard at my agency when I went to submit my docx, a guy after doing his medicals since May/June without any news from CDHC and wasnt getting satisfactory respond from the Agency, went to CDHC to request for his TRV, but because of God's love for him he was stopped by the security guard. Afterwards he came to the Agency, was told "requesting for TRV" would make the V.O angry and that he could only "enquire about his status" and not "request for TRV". I also learnt that usually TRVs are issued a month or less to resumption except for those who were ask to bring another start date.
So please try as much as you can to ease the tension and not ruin your chance yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2013
My tuition + living expenses for the two yrs is about 8M too......Masters in Architecture , University of Calgary
GboyegaD:

Do you mind me asking what program is that expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
sowetto:

Where are you at and have you checked if you are eligible to apply from there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nuendo: My tuition + living expenses for the two yrs is about 8M too......Masters in Architecture , University of Calgary

If it is for the 2years then, you are good to go. See you at Calgary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
Going to Dalhousie this fall ? Email me : addey_malik@yahoo.com . Let's talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.