Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589551 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
oghenet: I can do that rightaway, but all modes of payment will take at least 5 business days to reflect in my student account. I''m just thinking of the fastest way out of this.

which school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
greatheights: Wat does d embassy mean by place the barcode page ontop of each individual package, and must I put photocopy(ies) of all am submitn in my application envelop. Then I nid info abt the biometric. Pls

Where re the generals in the huz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
oghenet:

I can do that rightaway, but all modes of payment will take at least 5 business days to reflect in my student account. I''m just thinking of the fastest way out of this.

If you pay with your credit card, I think you'll get a transaction receipt immediately. You can print that n send to CDHC while you wait for original acknowldgement from your sch.
On d boading issue, You should be ok wit what Mr Phemmy n Mr siga advised. As a matter of fact, that was the advise I got from the international student advising dept of my sch.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
greatheights:

Where re the generals in the huz

Don't worry, VFS go settle d arrangement for you.
bar code is dat image dat u generate wen u validate ur trv form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by khemthar: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
DrNeoCortex:

Thank you boss. But i just confirmed from my h.r department and they said that the organization does not issue letters for study leave. Is there any way around this pls? Thank you.

Hi DrNeoCortex,

We're in kinda the same situation. I'm targeting doing an MBA for Fall 2014. GMAT Score: 600.

My opinion: If your organisation won't give you a letter confirming your study leave; then you should look for a sponsor. May not be a relation; just someone with a good financial standing and then you try to create a plausible reason why this person will sponsor you. My coy will give me the study leave letter; but I have still decided to get a co-sponsor so as to be on the safe side. uVic fees is about 34k; another 10k for living expenses totals 44k. That's N7.48M. I feel you need a minimum of N9M in your account Sir; to convince CDHC that you have enough funds.

Plus a co-sponsor shows some home-ties (if you are married and have kids sha, maybe no need).

NB: I doubt if you can get into the Toronto and Mcgill kind of schools. It will be tough with a GPA of 2.91 and GMAT score of 620. But if you can spare $100, please try applying there. Your work experience (and a strong statement of purpose) may cover the educational qualification deficit.

I'm also applying to uOttawa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
dommakavelli:

Don't worry, VFS go settle d arrangement for you.
bar code is dat image dat u generate wen u validate ur trv form.

Thanks boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
How long wud it take mi to process a police report @alagbon...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
greatheights: How long wud it take mi to process a police report @alagbon...

It all depends on how heavy your brown envelop is . . . Lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
DrNeoCortex:
Thank you boss. But i just confirmed from my h.r department and they said that the organization does not issue letters for study leave. Is there any way around this pls? Thank you.

Lots of corporate organizations will not give you a study leave letter to pursue visa processing however, you can print the relevant pages of the companies' policy showing your eligibility and then make reference to such document in your SOP, this should suffice.
For your funding requirement, ensure you put your dependents into consideration if any...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2013

30mins-3hrs

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by DrNeoCortex(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2013
khemthar:

Hi DrNeoCortex,

We're in kinda the same situation. I'm targeting doing an MBA for Fall 2014. GMAT Score: 600.

My opinion: If your organisation won't give you a letter confirming your study leave; then you should look for a sponsor. May not be a relation; just someone with a good financial standing and then you try to create a plausible reason why this person will sponsor you. My coy will give me the study leave letter; but I have still decided to get a co-sponsor so as to be on the safe side. uVic fees is about 34k; another 10k for living expenses totals 44k. That's N7.48M. I feel you need a minimum of N9M in your account Sir; to convince CDHC that you have enough funds.

Plus a co-sponsor shows some home-ties (if you are married and have kids sha, maybe no need).

NB: I doubt if you can get into the Toronto and Mcgill kind of schools. It will be tough with a GPA of 2.91 and GMAT score of 620. But if you can spare $100, please try applying there. Your work experience (and a strong statement of purpose) may cover the educational qualification deficit.

I'm also applying to uOttawa.

Thanks a lot for the info. Any ideas on how to justify your General Manager as your sponsor and then again, does my retirement savings account of N1.2million count for anything? Asides the N6million budget which I still plan to up to about N7million before I will need to travel. U didnt mention anything about you undergrad...are we on the same pedestal or you are better off?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullchiks(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
hey mr ceo cash....abeg im new here.im abt to apply for masters in oil and gas engineering at memorial university.pls is ther any particular aspect that needs to stand out in my application like cgpa and appraisal letters n co?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
did mine for 30mins

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by anabor: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
Generals in the house(@Gboyega,@kjbobo,@Fhemmy,@Siga,@dommakavelli, e.t.c)please I need your advice. My TRV was turned down on the basis that my sponsor was not CREDIBLE, even with the fact that my sponsor had an account balance of 6million and CoO of two properties. Do you advice I send a mail to CDHC to explain further on what they mean by my sponsor not being "Credible", to enable me know where I went wrong in my application, or should I simply reapply for another TRV for Winter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
anabor: Generals in the house(@Gboyega,@kjbobo,@Fhemmy,@Siga,@dommakavelli, e.t.c)please I need your advice. My TRV was turned down on the basis that my sponsor was not CREDIBLE, even with the fact that my sponsor had an account balance of 6million and CoO of two properties. Do you advice I send a mail to CDHC to explain further on what they mean by my sponsor not being "Credible", to enable me know where I went wrong in my application, or should I simply reapply for another TRV for Winter?

. . . Sorry to hear this BUT That is a generic reason, but the question is:
What is the relationship btw you and your sponsor?
What is the supporting document to show the relationship?
How busy is the account and what does he do for a living?
It is not just about how much your sponsor have in his or her account . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oghenet: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
dommakavelli:

If you pay with your credit card, I think you'll get a transaction receipt immediately. You can print that n send to CDHC while you wait for original acknowldgement from your sch.
On d boading issue, You should be ok wit what Mr Phemmy n Mr siga advised. As a matter of fact, that was the advise I got from the international student advising dept of my sch.

Thank you Fhemmmy, Siga and Dommakavelli. I really appreciate your words of advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
anabor: Generals in the house(@Gboyega,@kjbobo,@Fhemmy,@Siga,@dommakavelli, e.t.c)please I need your advice. My TRV was turned down on the basis that my sponsor was not CREDIBLE, even with the fact that my sponsor had an account balance of 6million and CoO of two properties. Do you advice I send a mail to CDHC to explain further on what they mean by my sponsor not being "Credible", to enable me know where I went wrong in my application, or should I simply reapply for another TRV for Winter?
I honesty wouldn't advice you to invest your energy in mailing them because their response will be even more vague, something like: This case has been closed bla bla. They usually give generic responses because they know that the more detailed they are, the more likely their processes will be circumvented.
Fhemmmy has thrown in some very cool hazard guesses but I would still advise you to work closely with someone who can help you dissect your package holistically.
But again, you can send them an email, who knows...since it wouldn't cost you a dime. Sorry for the situation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sorry about the delay (cos that's it...not a "denial"wink
Oga Fhemmmy and bumdish have rightly pointed out.."credibility"is a relative statement..such that comparing with someone else's application with same reason might be unhelpful.
My advice is: channel the energy you planned to use in sending mails to CDHC on analyzing the issues raised by Oga Fhemmmy in detail...
Lets look at the issues he raised line for line....In it I believe lies the "answer" to the puzzle.
All the best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2013

Am sorry about that bro. You don't need to mail them.
Let's do justice to those questions mr Phemmy asked you then, you can refire.
You'll get it this time by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by khemthar: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
DrNeoCortex:

Thanks a lot for the info. Any ideas on how to justify your General Manager as your sponsor and then again, does my retirement savings account of N1.2million count for anything? Asides the N6million budget which I still plan to up to about N7million before I will need to travel. U didnt mention anything about you undergrad...are we on the same pedestal or you are better off?

Fhemmy just put up some good questions which should guide you in using a sponsor:

Fhemmmy:

. . . Sorry to hear this BUT That is a generic reason, but the question is:
What is the relationship btw you and your sponsor?
What is the supporting document to show the relationship?
How busy is the account and what does he do for a living?
It is not just about how much your sponsor have in his or her account . .

I'll add: How many dependants does he have?

If you have N7M, that's fine. But you need to show the CDHC that you have sufficient funds for your ENTIRE tuition and living expenses. (you should show you have the total funds needed plus some extra jara). I think your RSA will serve as home ties oo; since you are not supposed to be able to access the funds now. (its for retirement).

I'm not better off. GPA: 3.10. I'm also counting on work experience; I have 5years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Cdhc kilode ni? So no medical and Trv in the house today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by femianiyi: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
Please, those with past experiences with delay in medicals,whereby resumption date is fast approaching should kindly advice me on what step to take whether to defer or wait till the cdhc respond.I'm just worried cos its been exactly 14 weeks since i submitted my application. Pls, anyone with similar situation
efosa12345: Cdhc kilode ni? So no medical and Trv in the house today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
... FYI... we have one of our silent guys who got his TRV yesterday....

Applied: April 18
Medicals: July 13
TRV: August 20

.... btw... he is heading to Uni of Saska..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2013
Fhemmmy:

It all depends on how heavy your brown envelop is . . . Lol

Am getting u, wud end up packin' sm bricks wt naira
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by laureek: 7:05am On Aug 22, 2013
Sorry to hear this.Like someone said it's just a delay.not a denial.
I also would like to add this.First,are you sure the agent you used put you through because I don't see any reason why giving you your tracking no should be against their policy.it is yours,moreover you paid them.
2ndly,the letter you got,was it sealed? Is it really from cdhc
I'm sorry if this sounds foolish but I think you should be sure of all these.The error could be from them and we can also learn from it . I'd advise you take to the advise of the experienced people here and don't give up.Go get it.it's yours.

All the best.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:17am On Aug 22, 2013

Check page 219 there is a contact there. My 2 shi shi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2013
Msg removed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 8:19am On Aug 22, 2013
I sent a mail to CDHC yesterday night, unlike before, I didn't get their usual auto-response message. I wonder if it doesn't work @ night or if it happens sometimes. I feel like sending it again, but I remember they don't like mail bombardment.
Any suggestion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.