Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (591575 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Fixed Deposit alone is not fully ok to stand as S0A...you might as well attach ur S0A with a good turn over...

Which docx did you submit as a self-sponsor

If I may add,the #6m you submitted @ 1st might have seen you thru if you didn't pull it out as some point in time during the processing

My ppl oh, dis is my situation, I submitted 2 SOAs, total balance across the 2 was 3.2m, total turnover on the statements over the review period 25m, full fees paid, just remainin living expenses for length of the program (12 mnts). The 3m is more dan living expenses quoted by my sch ofcos, BT as it is an acct I use for biz, d balance is moving, wot happens if they go to confirm and d funds in d acct is less dan 3m at d time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 7:18am On Sep 16, 2013
I sincerely wish I could answer that question of where have I been!!
I contacted my school andmy next start date is May but I opted for another course which has a winter start date and was given an acceptance letter for that. Will be there today.
My question now is when and how do I introduce this new acceptance letter?
PlayPays:

Where have you been??
Bro, I'm asking cox I think u should have made enquiry long ago before now but don't be worried u aint d only one on this and pls do visit em tomorrow as you've written.
Meanwhile, I'll advice u persuade ur school either for extension of start date or u defer to winter, so u could have enough time to finish d remaining little process.
Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2013
equlibrium:

My ppl oh, dis is my situation, I submitted 2 SOAs, total balance across the 2 was 3.2m, total turnover on the statements over the review period 25m, full fees paid, just remainin living expenses for length of the program (12 mnts). The 3m is more dan living expenses quoted by my sch ofcos, BT as it is an acct I use for biz, d balance is moving, wot happens if they go to confirm and d funds in d acct is less dan 3m at d time?

Since the duration of the programme is 12months and you've already paid ur full tuition, living expenses is assumed to be $10k(#1.6m)...I feel you'll be ok.

By saying that ur a/c is for business,is it ur personal or savings a/c?

If its personal you stand a better chance ßuђ if its company a/c, withdrawing more cash is GAMBLING...

Its better to limit the amount of withdrawal you do on the a/c @ least for this period of ur TRV processing to be on the safer side...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Latty1: Mr Chrigo and other gurus in the house I am looking for another school to ad to MUN as adviced by Chrigo but the school insincerityis saying I will be given a conditional offer ( write a paper in macro economica before i proceed to full time) to study public admin because I did not do economics in my undergrad
My question is can I go ahead with d admission, if given conditional offer will it affect my trv chances and will the condition stop the school from giving me scholarship cos they promised to give scholarship Carleton
Thank as you answer me one love

If you like the school and trust urself that you can meet up with the condition for unconditional offer, good and fine...

Applying with such condition is a very risky one...

I'll advise you get an admission letter from another school and get ur TRV with the school,when you get over there,you can then do THE THING and switch over to Carleton uni...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 7:31am On Sep 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Fixed Deposit alone is not fully ok to stand as S0A...you might as well attach ur S0A with a good turn over...

Which docx did you submit as a self-sponsor

If I may add,the #6m you submitted @ 1st might have seen you thru if you didn't pull it out as some point in time during the processing
Pls your advise is needed, My sponsor has this fixed like account. It's a business account cause he is the owner of the company. But money flows in and out of the account and staffs salaries re paid out of the account. He is willing to print that for me. Can I used such kind of account? Pls o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1.Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2.Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
3.Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
4.Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
5.Rolatims JULY 28 Paper route
6.Tkay11 JULY 29 Paper route
7.Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
8.Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
9.Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
10.Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
11. Habie AUGUST 21 Paper route
12.Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
13.Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
14. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
15.Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route
16. Greatheights SEPTEMBER 8 online route
17.Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper.....God aint sleepinggrin

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by equlibrium(m): 7:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Since the duration of the programme is 12months and you've already paid ur full tuition, living expenses is assumed to be $10k(#1.6m)...I feel you'll be ok.

By saying that ur a/c is for business,is it ur personal or savings a/c?

If its personal you stand a better chance ßuђ if its company a/c, withdrawing more cash is GAMBLING...

Its better to limit the amount of withdrawal you do on the a/c @ least for this period of ur TRV processing to be on the safer side...

One is a personal savings acct with turnover 16m, the other is a salary acct with turnover 9m, I use both to do personal runs though hence the high volume in both.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:55am On Sep 16, 2013
clusterphobia: I sincerely wish I could answer that question of where have I been!!
I contacted my school andmy next start date is May but I opted for another course which has a winter start date and was given an acceptance letter for that. Will be there today.
My question now is when and how do I introduce this new acceptance letter?

It always advisable to slot it in when finally requested. (I'll like OnyeaOma to put light in finishing this)

But then d VO might have this question; why is the the new letter having a new course of study?
Could it be a mistake or this applicant haven't made up his mind ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2013
Latty1: Mr Chrigo and other gurus in the house I am looking for another school to ad to MUN as adviced by Chrigo but the school insincerityis saying I will be given a conditional offer ( write a paper in macro economica before i proceed to full time) to study public admin because I did not do economics in my undergrad
My question is can I go ahead with d admission, if given conditional offer will it affect my trv chances and will the condition stop the school from giving me scholarship cos they promised to give scholarship Carleton
......So carleton do give out scholarships.....latty1 to be candid with u i do not fancy anything with condition....any sch saying condition this,condition that i run from them.....how many sch have u checked?....i assume u are still shopping schs?....check out uni of manitoba,uni of calgary,uni of saskachewan,brandon uni,uni of lethbridge,uni of newbrunswick.....these are also schs that gives out scholarships too without conditions.....check dem out and see if any offers ur course choice......ok i wana give u a condition too if u dont check these schools out dont talk to chrigo again grin.....ofcourse you know there are tonnes of gurus in the house to give u a better response than chrigo.....dats exactly how it is latty....if a sch handcuffs u wit a condition then move to the next sch and dont give yasef headache.....lol......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2013
I strongly advise you to avoid conditional offers...I was denied TRV in may; my father was my sponsor with good SOA and other things were intact but the only obvious thing was my conditional offer. Though,no two cases are the same...cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2013
Abellybaba:
Pls your advise is needed, My sponsor has this fixed like account. It's a business account cause he is the owner of the company. But money flows in and out of the account and staffs salaries re paid out of the account. He is willing to print that for me. Can I used such kind of account? Pls o

Since its his company a/c and he pays his staff with it, it can be used but the a/c balance should be such that a good figure will be left after making the deductions concerning ur studies in Canny (for @ least 1 year)...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:36am On Sep 16, 2013
PlayPays:

It always advisable to slot it in when finally requested. (I'll like OnyeaOma to put light in finishing this)

But then d VO might have this question; why is the the new letter having a new course of study?
Could it be a mistake or this applicant haven't made up his mind ??

An entirely new course will require an entirely new application...

So,I'll advise that you submit the new start date in may....

Hope you're also aware that your move to get a new course for winter instead of waiting for the same course in may next year might sounds more of DESPERATION AND CONFUSION which might marr ur chances of getting a positive reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:
I really don't want us to go back to this again so we don't derail the thread.

Debit and credit card practically offer the same thing. The difference is that while credit card allow you spend money you don't have in your account up to a particular limit,debit card will allow you spend only the money available in your account. Using a credit card entails that you run a current account but you can link your debit card to either your current,savings or both. Maybe where people are getting it wrong is in this definition. I also understand from my findings that not all debit cards are enabled for online transactions some are mere ATM cards.

If what people call CREDIT CARDS are those cards which have to be funded before transactions are effected then my submission is right that what we have are look alike credit cards.

Regarding the token,even Humanshado couldn't agree with me less on that. You might not have experienced where you have to input your securecode using your card and that doesn't make that fact false. Kjbobo,I will advise you look through the previous post to understand that we are talking about NAIRA MASTER DEBIT CARDS not just debit cards. I don't know your background,but your saying the word “debit” does not connote it being useful for online transactions is an error. Please check that up again.

I have spoken based on personal experience and the proof are there for anyone to see.
Please let's move on so the thread won't derail.

Top of the day to everyone!
Brother..as much as I hate to argue....I am always sensitve about what I post here....but seriously your assertions arent totally true...as much as I will really like to understand what you meant by "you dont know my background"....okay I am a Pharmacist but not dumb to understand some basic banking policies....How will you tell me that a transaction not overseen by Gtbank will request for Gt secure I.d?Very honestly....I will appreciate you or Humanshado gimme an example....I believe the thread is about passing accurate info to the house especially for the sake of those that will later read in future. ..so there's no point killing an argument that we havent agreed on generally!
Secondly,when card options are displayed on internet....all we see is Mastercard option ...this is the first time I will hear it called "debit master card" and I have learnt that from you....so arguing out issues that increase relevant knowledge isnt "derailing" bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Abellybaba: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2013
Onye oma:

Since its his company a/c and he pays his staff with it, it can be used but the a/c balance should be such that a good figure will be left after making the deductions concerning ur studies in Canny (for @ least 1 year)...

Thanks Man. U self na oga. My sponsor no be my family and I still de look for relative story to back up the application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2013
Abellybaba:

Thanks Man. U self na oga. My sponsor no be my family and I still de look for relative story to back up the application.

You're welcome bro...
You can use a sponsor with a different surname but ensure that you provide a very convincing reason why he wants to sponsor ur education (you can even present him/her as a relation)...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:48am On Sep 16, 2013
"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the shit that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come."

A quick trivia who said the above ? Food4Thought
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
kjbobo:
Brother..as much as I hate to argue....I am always sensitve about what I post here....but seriously your assertions arent totally true...as much as I will really like to understand what you meant by "you dont know my background"....okay I am a Pharmacist but not dumb to understand some basic banking policies....How will you tell me that a transaction not overseen by Gtbank will request for Gt secure I.d?Very honestly....I will appreciate you or Humanshado gimme an example....I believe the thread is about passing accurate info to the house especially for the sake of those that will later read in future. ..so there's no point killing an argument that we havent agreed on generally!
Secondly,when card options are displayed on internet....all we see is Mastercard option ...this is the first time I will hear it called "debit master card" and I have learnt that from you....so arguing out issues that increase relevant knowledge isnt "derailing" bro

....this link shows there are credit cards in nigerian banking system www.firstbanknigeria.com/products/e-banking/debit-and-credit-cards/first-naira-credit-card/ .......since cdhc stated it on their website that only credit cards allowed, why would solomonwis say that peeps should use debit cards?...isn't that misleading?.....even if debit card is going to work which i doubt the main advice should still be that credit card should be used for the transaction not debit....i can confidently say that most if not all banks issue credit cards.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2013
Hi everyone, is it true that
alberta tuition fee for masters
ranges 8thousand plus? I really need
answers. Secondly, am in my finaly
year, but will graduate around july,
our result comes out end of august,
which means that my transcript
won't be ready until september
atleast, when is it advisable to file
for admission and visa respectively?
Please is quite important. Need
answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2013
jaybmich: Hi everyone, is it true that
answers.

Did u check if u got replies to the previous post?
OR
Was the answer u got not good enough??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2013
answers.
.....Bros this thread don suffer with this ur 8Thousand dollars question.....i go dey call u 8thousand dollar man....pls i have an 8thousand dollar question for u....have u gone tru any course of ur choice in any university in alberta and know the price of the tuition fee?....check out the sch u want to go and also check the tuition price tag for ur course.....the price ranges which was why no one here is ready to give u a precise answer....seriously it postrays laziness from ur part to ask such question.....its a research meant for u alone cuz no one here knows the course u'r going for......so bros check it ursef......as for ur other question i want you to note that we have three sessions available fall(sept),winter(jan),spring(may) so check the one ur course offers.....some course offers two session admission and some offers just one session so if u cant make the sept session like u said ur transcript would be ready by then i would advice u look for a course having a january session.......if ur 8thousand dollar question surface again ehn!!!....na dat time u go know say dis thread na 8thousand dollar thread grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2013
answers.
....I honestly dont know why u keep asking this same question....u posted it here several times...people answered u... u even sent me a mail which I responded as well...u need to check these things urself... dont make people start ignoring ur questions...its becoming annoying and showing laziness .... if u are going for Masters it takes alot of research and work.... u can start from somewhere... ha ba...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2013
Siga: ....I honestly dont know why u keep asking this same question....u posted it here several times...people answered u... u even sent me a mail which I responded as well...u need to check these things urself... dont make people start ignoring ur questions...its becoming annoying and showing laziness .... if u are going for Masters it takes alot of research and work.... u can start from somewhere... ha ba...
....The guy needs a whole page of different responses to his question....lol....na wa oo.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....The guy needs a whole page of different responses to his question....lol....na wa oo.....
...I wonder Chrigogo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siga: ...I wonder Chrigogo
....lol @chrigogo ....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Did anyone visit CDHC today? Anything new?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nossybelle: 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siga: ...I wonder Chrigogo

Yo Bro,

You got mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
nossybelle:

Yo Bro,

You got mail.
Replied bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siga: ....I honestly dont know why u keep asking this same question....u posted it here several times...people answered u... u even sent me a mail which I responded as well...u need to check these things urself... dont make people start ignoring ur questions...its becoming annoying and showing laziness .... if u are going for Masters it takes alot of research and work.... u can start from somewhere... ha ba...

Habatically! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kelly4top: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:
I really don't want us to go back to this again so we don't derail the thread.

Debit and credit card practically offer the same thing. The difference is that while credit card allow you spend money you don't have in your account up to a particular limit,debit card will allow you spend only the money available in your account. Using a credit card entails that you run a current account but you can link your debit card to either your current,savings or both. Maybe where people are getting it wrong is in this definition. I also understand from my findings that not all debit cards are enabled for online transactions some are mere ATM cards.

If what people call CREDIT CARDS are those cards which have to be funded before transactions are effected then my submission is right that what we have are look alike credit cards.

Regarding the token,even Humanshado couldn't agree with me less on that. You might not have experienced where you have to input your securecode using your card and that doesn't make that fact false. Kjbobo,I will advise you look through the previous post to understand that we are talking about NAIRA MASTER DEBIT CARDS not just debit cards. I don't know your background,but your saying the word “debit” does not connote it being useful for online transactions is an error. Please check that up again.

I have spoken based on personal experience and the proof are there for anyone to see.
Please let's move on so the thread won't derail.

Top of the day to everyone!

solomomwis, please note that Canadian online visa application does not accept debit card even if it's master debit card. only credit card payment will be successful. Credit cards has an opening code with master or visa platform while debit do. So when the system detects the code is debit, it will not scale thru. I am speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
kelly4top:

solomomwis, please note that Canadian online visa application does not accept debit card even if it's master debit card. only credit card payment will be successful. Credit cards has an opening code with master or visa platform while debit do. So when the system detects the code is debit, it will not scale thru. I am speaking from experience.
Sure you tried to say "debit dont" right?
Thanks for comment bro......this is purely what I have known too.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaybmich: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Make una no vex ooo, am sorry. Ok I will do that, was thinking just to make more confirmation. Cuz I no wan offend nairalanders ooo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
jaybmich: Make una no vex ooo, am sorry. Ok I will do that, was thinking just to make more confirmation. Cuz I no wan offend nairalanders ooo.
....thats ok... I know u are most likely to go for Research based Master's prog.... its not something easy bro... so, a little digging now will help alot... its not difficult ... just google Uni in Alberta... pick all the schools and go through their Postgrad dept... and see how much watever course u wanna do cost...

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.