Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,805 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (593156 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
ticklin:

sorry guys, since i did the medicals I've been trying to pay my one year tuition fees. I think that's the norm now. The bank has just been frustrating me for a week now, they asked for all manner of documents which I provided. Now they're asking for a separate document detailing my tuition fees (this has been done already in the admission letter) and the school said there's no such other separate document so now I'll just use a dom account instead of this form A thing.

Which bank is that pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
Huzzie:
All d best bro
Thanks Huzzie! [sub][/sub]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2013
GboyegaD:

Were you asked to pay tuition? I think all you have to do is follow the instruction in the mail they sent to you.
Yes, I was asked to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
Onye oma:

Which bank is that pls

Ecobank. UBA is worse. Their charges for making a wire transfer are ridiculous.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2013
ticklin:

sorry guys, since i did the medicals I've been trying to pay my one year tuition fees. I think that's the norm now. The bank has just been frustrating me for a week now, they asked for all manner of documents which I provided. Now they're asking for a separate document detailing my tuition fees (this has been done already in the admission letter) and the school said there's no such other separate document so now I'll just use a dom account instead of this form A thing.

This really does my head in... its a good thing there are still a few schools that still accept credit card payments even for school fees. Going through all this stress to give someone all that money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
ticklin:

Ecobank. UBA is worse. Their charges for making a wire transfer are ridiculous.

The last time I made inquiry @ 1st bank for payment via form A, I was reliably informed that that they're upgrading the system to make the transaction automated...by now, they must have been thru,it will now be like credit card transaction,no longer taking days to be confirmed...
I also think their charges are not that high based on what they told me...

1st bank is a cheat......................
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2013
Onye oma:

The last time I made inquiry @ 1st bank for payment via form A, I was reliably informed that that they're upgrading the system to make the transaction automated...by now, they must have been thru,it will now be like credit card transaction,no longer taking days to be confirmed...
I also think their charges are not that high based on what they told me...

1st bank is a cheat......................

The last time I checked first Bank, They said i need to open a Domiciliary account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
dommakavelli:

The last time I checked first Bank, They said i need to open a Domiciliary account.

That's also an option but form A option still holds...ask of the officer handling forex transactions in the branch,cos customer service officer might just tell you that the only option is Domicilliary account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2013
ticklin:
Yes, I was asked to.

Then you may have to edit your post because you stated paying your tuition as though you want to do it because it is just a norm and not what you were required to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2013
Siga: ....if u like to gamble ur money away....go ahead....na ur choice Akanmu .... I don advise u on school...but if u dey look for shortcut...carry go...

oga siga,
thank you sir, me to giving somebody money layelaye. i applied to school already before
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
pls house, i need ur advice. i av decided to use my mum as sponsor but i will av to hold on and run her acc for like 3 months to make it av a gud flow. my fear is, will soa that has 3 months of gud flow and gud balance do the work
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
Please naira land i need your advice.someone use is wassce of 2001 to apply for a bsc program. The problem is that what we the embassy think since the result have been long. And is there anything to do to back it up. Or does it really matter.i need your advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2013
richard4ssky: Please naira land i need your advice.someone use is wassce of 2001 to apply for a bsc program. The problem is that what we the embassy think since the result have been long. And is there anything to do to back it up. Or does it really matter.i need your advice

What was the person doing all the while? If he can justify what he has been doing all the while, then he could stand a chance. Thus, I would suggest a detailed and succint letter of expression making sure that such large gap is well accounted for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
GboyegaD:

Then you may have to edit your post because you stated paying your tuition as though you want to do it because it is just a norm and not what you were required to do.

I meant that it seems CDHC is asking most people to pay their one year tuition fees these days.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by seyidollar4real: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
i need ur advice pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
richard4ssky: Please naira land i need your advice.someone use is wassce of 2001 to apply for a bsc program. The problem is that what we the embassy think since the result have been long. And is there anything to do to back it up. Or does it really matter.i need your advice

And whatever he has been doing while he was out of school should be related the program he is going for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by diiiiipo: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hello Awon people,

Please I have a few questions with regards to Canadian study visa. I just currently got an admission to Concordia Uni and I would like a few pointers.

1. I'm not in the country at the moment so I'd be applying at the Canadian Embassy where I reside. My problem is I've been out for 5 years and I have no links or ties back home in terms of properties, shares etc. How best do you think I can scale this hurdle.

2. I just got married and I'm considering taking my wife with me. My school fees for a year is $21,000 and yearly expense would be approximately $10,000 excluding my wife. How much do you think is sufficient enough to have in the bank account for both of us.

3. what reasons can I give for her accompanying me?

4. Should she apply for a TRV or work permit as I read spouses can apply for either visas when accompanying their hubby.

All answers would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
@gboyegaD and the rest of the house! PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT MY APPLICATION FOR A CANADIAN VISA! DO I GO TO LAGOS TO APPLY IN PERSON TO SUBMIT MY PAPERS..?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lammzy: 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
Pls house, which colleges in canada accept a toefl score of 58.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
diiiiipo: Hello Awon people,

Please I have a few questions with regards to Canadian study visa. I just currently got an admission to Concordia Uni and I would like a few pointers.

1. I'm not in the country at the moment so I'd be applying at the Canadian Embassy where I reside. My problem is I've been out for 5 years and I have no links or ties back home in terms of properties, shares etc. How best do you think I can scale this hurdle.

2. I just got married and I'm considering taking my wife with me. My school fees for a year is $21,000 and yearly expense would be approximately $10,000 excluding my wife. How much do you think is sufficient enough to have in the bank account for both of us.

4. Should she apply for a TRV or work permit as I read spouses can apply for either visas when accompanying their hubby.

Cheers.

About the home ties, If I were you, I would apply alone first, so that my wife would be my tie to wherever we/she reside. Then, we would make plans for her later. The reason would be simple by then, we've just got married and we missed ourselves. Shikena

As per the cash, total of your tuition and living expenses plus few extra thousand dollars should be ok. You can add your wife's statement of account too, that would show that, she has money to cater for herself.

# my 50 kobo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
lammzy: Pls house, which colleges in canada accept a toefl score of 58.

I don't think you need the toefl. Most schools in Canada wave it for Nigerian students.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
2-chains:
@gboyegaD and the rest of the house! PLEASE HOW DO I GO ABOUT MY APPLICATION FOR A CANADIAN VISA! DO I GO TO LAGOS TO APPLY IN PERSON TO SUBMIT MY PAPERS..?

Most of the people here go through VAC. I think they charge about 5000..Am not sure abt the figure tho, cos I haven't applied before. wink
meanwhile, you might wanna go to the embassy and join a loooooooong queue. they don't charge for that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lammzy: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
dommakavelli:

I don't think you need the toefl. Most schools in Canada wave it for Nigerian students.
. Pls can i ave names of schools that wave toefl for nigerian students.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
lammzy: . Pls can i ave names of schools that wave toefl for nigerian students.

Haaaa Bros! Are you a learner? we don't spoon feed pple here ooo. grin grin
You can help yourself. 80% of schools in canny does not ask toefl from Nigerian students. if not 90% self.
Just go to google, search for schools in canada, choose any of your choice and check for admission requirements. one out of 10 would ask for toefl.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
guys this is urgent, can i go to the embassy to collect the letter for medical exams? Cos the one they said they'll mail is delaying and they gave me till 8 of nxt mnth. Not enuf time pls sm1 advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lammzy: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
dommakavelli:

Haaaa Bros! Are you a learner? we don't spoon feed pple here ooo. grin grin
You can help yourself. 80% of schools in canny does not ask toefl from Nigerian students. if not 90% self.
Just go to google, search for schools in canada, choose any of your choice and check for admission requirements. one out of 10 would ask for toefl.

Am nt a guy, and ave search but get just 1, u can jst give me two to three names of schools dat u knw, dat nt a prob, is it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hello Awon people,

Apply from where you are and I do not think that is an issue per se. Just align your goals with your past, present and how it transcends into the future on your letter of interest and you would be fine.

You should have $21k for tuition, $10k for living expense and additional $4k for your wife. Did you get any kind of funding?

What other reason do you have besides that she is your wife. The most important thing is showing you have enough funds to take care of you both. It tells you are not a selfish fellow who is only watching out for himself particularly since you are not with your kins people and you wouldn't want to leave your wife alone in a foreign land.

Apply for a TRV for her and in the cause of the application, you state it that she needs a work permit alongside the TRV because you expect her to work as well.

Cheers.

Hope my answer helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
2-chains:

I truly don't know which is best however, I would suggest you read through the study visa page on the www.cic.gc.ca website and then decide your best option. Nevertheless, in my opinion, I would suggest the online option because it helps you identify the documents and forms needed of you based on your response to the initial questionaire, reduces your chances of omitting necessary documents, and an opportunity to hold unto your passport perhaps you may need it for some other travelling or personal stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
lammzy: Pls house, which colleges in canada accept a toefl score of 58.

58 is very low and the good thing is most schools do not require TOEFL of you like dommakavelli pointed out.

lammzy:
Am nt a guy, and ave search but get just 1, u can jst give me two to three names of schools dat u knw, dat nt a prob, is it?

You would need to search through the various schools in the province you would want to study and check each's minimum admission requirement. You could google colleges or universities in Canada based on what you want or another option is searching for the program you want to go for in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oreroyce(m): 11:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Any student of University Of Regina here....really need help...u can reach me on oreroyce@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
ticklin:

I meant that it seems CDHC is asking most people to pay their one year tuition fees these days.

that is wrong information, i was not instructed to pay any bills when i did my medicals last month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
sampitts: guys this is urgent, can i go to the embassy to collect the letter for medical exams? Cos the one they said they'll mail is delaying and they gave me till 8 of nxt mnth. Not enuf time pls sm1 advice

Since you applied online, I do not think they will be sending you any physical document. If you read through the website, it was explicitly stated that all correspondence would be via electronic mail and I think it applies to all countries although I am not sure. Therefore, log in to your profile on the www.cic.gc.ca page and once you do all the necessary verifications, look down on the page where you have that you have submitted and your new mails should be there. It is most likely that you would have it in there for you to read and then print.
Here is a detailed step by step of what to do:

1. Go to the webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-int.asp
2. One open, go to my application tab, use the drop button and select my application - main page.
3. Then click on apply online, and then Temporary Residence and sign on to your page.
4. Once verification is complete, it takes you to the page in the attached, look to the bottom and you should see your mails there, and I believe you should have it on there to print.

Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.