Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) (26127 Views)

Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Increment Of Workers Salary Will Reduce Corruption – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by otokx(m): 3:47am On Mar 19, 2013
cecilia ibru ought to have been executed for corruption but was giving the plea bargain and now look what she is doing to aero. Its now obvious that aero has been operating on old glory. Too bad the Nigerian consumer public is not yet sophisticated - look at people still trooping into dana aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by kobikwelu(m): 4:08am On Mar 19, 2013
"Funcky" ? lmaooo...

Anyways, the story seems riddled with hear-says, beer Parlour musings and personal opinions....

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by musiwa19: 4:15am On Mar 19, 2013
how was she a thief. goodluck was only victimize people..

if goodluck had destroy their business what did goodluck expect.. this is why we need to leave that country.. if you had your own country, you will help her out.

you have the worst president in nigeria history. he lack knowledge to lead a country.. look, he has destroy nearly all area of nigeria. aero contractor.. o my God, goodluck govt most really be very very bad.

you see before the all problem i warn you people.. when you see on coming problem you react. it is not by prayer... it is about doing the right thing. goodluck have destroy everything nigeria. i have said return back to pre independent.. before this. that way you dont have problem.. that way, they can fix their problem in the north before all of this..

i once live in the north, so i know how they react to thing, they are nor believe, dont expect them to value human life.. this why why to save human life.. i said just remove us.. you see if we had done that.. you would save what ever adenuga and other had, even oceanic bank etc would still be alive.. at least they would be running within their own area.. that why i said at that time go for benin republic at that time.. you will not have ben feeling the effect like you feel now.. just a little effect.. but you people did not listen to me..

if you had gone for pre independent.. they will be dealing with their problem.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Reference(m): 5:13am On Mar 19, 2013
Of course the poster is a concerned 'stakeholder' in Aero but has obviously twisted facts and conveniently avoided a lot of truths typical of Nigerians that have this tunnel vision of the company and industry they work in.

If I may ask why is it that airlines require bailouts and the tottering ones AMCON. Before AMCON how were airlines including AERO funded. How did AERO transit from rotary wing operations we used to know out of Airforce Base, Portharcourt into this huge airline literaly overnight.

The truth is simple. Aero bit much more than it could chew. It is in a phantom industry who's operators have an average lifespan of less than ten years. From loans and overdrafts to takeovers of loss making business. If your bankers cannot write-off your debts they will either morgage the business or take it over. That is the truth. Oceanic Bank did exactly that. If you cannot pay your debts you belong to your creditors. Whether they can run it or not is not your concern. They have every right to instal their management team.

Aero's business plan was faulty, their expansion rushed, their cheapo tickets a disaster and their debts crippling. All in an industry that is not viable in Nigeria.

Airline business is no business. I repeat again, aircrafts are playthings of the wealthy. Businesses on the other hand survive on the patronage of all.

Bye-bye Aero. Was a bliss while it lasted. Appreciated those bone shaking flghts PHC-CBV-PHC though the maths didn't add up. Pity. Next.

3 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by ujchief(m): 5:31am On Mar 19, 2013
Isn't it the airline their attendants sell meat-pie and 'kpof-kpof' on air? Funny how they will hand you one crusty meat-pie and later come and demand 1k for it.
Nearly got embarrassed when I took it, thinking it was free only for the lady to return later and demanded for N1,000.

Make dem no fold oh! Inasmuch as their airline is 'molue' on air, they are cheap and affordable. Arik and their cut-throat charges will monopolise the airspace soon.

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Reference(m): 5:41am On Mar 19, 2013
By the way AERO only succeeded in rotary wing servicing the oil industry (as anyone will succeed) because the oil industry typically pays over the odds for its services. When they ventured into the 'real' market place to serve 'real' customers they immediately began to encounter 'real' problems.

We as Nigerians should learn to develop our economy that supports the real space we occupy and the people that live there rather than constantly strive to create these little delusional islands of prosperity amidst poverty. The oil industry is one, the banking industry after recap was another, the telecoms industry before the entry of the red (airtel) indians was another bubble and of course the airline industry which is no more than elitist transport.

They are inherently unstable because the two legs they stand on are diametric. They are MASS market business whose patrons are not the MASSES. So they cannot generate enough MASS to survive.

3 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Reference(m): 5:44am On Mar 19, 2013
ujchief: Isn't it the airline their attendants sell meat-pie and 'kpof-kpof' on air? Funny how they will hand you one crusty meat-pie and later come and demand 1k for it.
Nearly got embarrassed when I took it, thinking it was free only for the lady to return later and demanded for N1,000.

Make dem no fold oh! Inasmuch as their airline is 'molue' on air, they are cheap and affordable. Arik and their cut-throat charges will monopolise the airspace soon.

See what I mean. Its hard to square that circle. The math never adds up.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by ektbear: 6:15am On Mar 19, 2013
Why is Aero Contractors doing poorly? embarassed

I've had only good experiences with them in the past, and I thought that they had a good reputation..?
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by jpphilips(m): 6:53am On Mar 19, 2013
luli4life: Dis is pathetic, becos I saw it on nairal and today dat aer o contractor is recruiting whereas dey are just trying to fill in d space of d sacked staffs lipsrsealed
In conclusion , av come to realized dat most of nigerian companies dat are doing well are owned directly or indirectly by corrupt politicians e.g banks, telecom,aviation (arik, aero e.t.c),oil and gas, power plants, cement coyies,private universities,broadcasting stations: AIT,TVC, lekki tollgate concession coy,alpha betta, obasanjo farms, abdulsalam farms, mikano; all in the name of PRIVATIZATION(dis I call political shenanigans)
NIGERIANS WHICH WAY FORWARD

dont mind the thick skulls that argued how well we fared with privarization.

now i understand why damureen the former NCAA boss was removed
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Edoboy1(m): 6:53am On Mar 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......ok
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by ABAKA72(m): 6:55am On Mar 19, 2013
Reference: Of course the poster is a concerned 'stakeholder' in Aero but has obviously twisted facts and conveniently avoided a lot of truths typical of Nigerians that have this tunnel vision of the company and industry they work in.

If I may ask why is it that airlines require bailouts and the tottering ones AMCON. Before AMCON how were airlines including AERO funded. How did AERO transit from rotary wing operations we used to know out of Airforce Base, Portharcourt into this huge airline literaly overnight.

The truth is simple. Aero bit much more than it could chew. It is in a phantom industry who's operators have an average lifespan of less than ten years. From loans and overdrafts to takeovers of loss making business. If your bankers cannot write-off your debts they will either morgage the business or take it over. That is the truth. Oceanic Bank did exactly that. If you cannot pay your debts you belong to your creditors. Whether they can run it or not is not your concern. They have every right to instal their management team.

Aero's business plan was faulty, their expansion rushed, their cheapo tickets a disaster and their debts crippling. All in an industry that is not viable in Nigeria.

Airline business is no business. I repeat again, aircrafts are playthings of the wealthy. Businesses on the other hand survive on the patronage of all.

Bye-bye Aero. Was a bliss while it lasted. Appreciated those bone shaking flghts PHC-CBV-PHC though the maths didn't add up. Pity. Next.
seems you once owned an airline business that collapsed before. lol!. so what is the name of the airline?

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by tunde1200(m): 6:58am On Mar 19, 2013
wealthlift: This is not good ooo sha. Check out my signature to get the dstv softawares for ur p.c and phones.

guy must you cheats before you make it in life, cos i do not reason why?

these your signature of a thing can you convince me that is not a scam?
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by jambya(m): 7:06am On Mar 19, 2013
"Wonder shall never end" where are we going my fellow 9ja? This is reali pathetic! Fraudulent acts in increase among "our oga @ d top" SMH.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Aphrodite4(f): 7:09am On Mar 19, 2013
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Aphrodite4(f): 7:10am On Mar 19, 2013
emmysenior: Women, hmm... Deadly set of beings, Eve put the world into what it is today, woman thief for senate, na man later died, King Solomon's glory almost faded away because queen Sheba, once upon a time, a notorious presido was silently killed courtesy ladies, Samson's power disappeared, courtesy woman, my uncle lost his previous job cos of a treacherous lady.

A woman can either make a man or destroy him, depending on the type.

a serious problem is being brought to light and all you care about is to make discriminatory and sexist comments? I feel sorry for you and please next time mention SPECIFICALLY d name of the woman or women tht hurt u instead of GENERALIZING. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Ishilove: 7:16am On Mar 19, 2013
emmysenior: Women, hmm... Deadly set of beings, Eve put the world into what it is today, woman thief for senate, na man later died, King Solomon's glory almost faded away because queen Sheba, once upon a time, a notorious presido was silently killed courtesy ladies, Samson's power disappeared, courtesy woman, my uncle lost his previous job cos of a treacherous lady.

A woman can either make a man or destroy him, depending on the type.
What has this got to do with the situation on ground? You just posted a boat load of crap here.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Ishilove: 7:22am On Mar 19, 2013
EMMA BC: this story is a clear testimony to d fact that yoruba people are reputed 4 running down every organisation they head, including aviation. Too bad.
Why are there so many brainless people on NL?

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by pweeryambre: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2013
ekt_bear: Why is Aero Contractors doing poorly? embarassed

I've had only good experiences with them in the past, and I thought that they had a good reputation..?
Aero still has good reputation, they are just going through rough times like any other business. I remember Arik had their own fair share, few years ago, when passengers complained a lot abt their over delaying of flights (no fuel in the planes), bad customer services, and then the workers not been paid salaries for a long time, too much negative publicity for Arik then and I thot they wld be hitting the rocks soon. Meanwhile, this is the highest I hav heard abt Aero so far, I just hope for them to be back on their feet ASAP.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Reference:
They are inherently unstable because the two legs they stand on are diametric. They are MASS market business whose patrons are not the MASSES. So they cannot generate enough MASS to survive.
hmmm. Food for thought.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by ochukoccna: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Airforce1: Almost Everything is upside down in this country

Help us oh lord
MY EXACT THOTS
Amen to that prayer

Ishilove:
Why are there so many brainless people on NL?
Brainless
More like brain dead cheesy cheesy
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 19, 2013
ABAKA72: the rogue family have acquired all the land in their community, leaving some of the poor villagers with no land to farm or even build houses. that family dosn't have human feelings.
this is not entirely true, in the 70's they happily sold to Michael but from the look of things, the moment Michael dies most of that land will be forcefully recovered or sold to others. There are still land for others to buy but with time people will focus on his land.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by chucky234(m): 7:51am On Mar 19, 2013
tellwisdom: Is this not ghana?? sad
No its Indonesia
Mumu-maga
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by JimmyBoy1: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2013
Curroption keeps tearing the nation down.
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by chucky234(m): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2013
The Ibru family was once a humble,hardworking and reputable family until Michael married that devilish woman called Cecilia who changed the cause of the entire family with her greed,she is one greedy woman that infects whoever she come across with her insatiable greedy stealing attitude.
She should be banned without pardon including that her illicit son called Obaro,what a dubious crop.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by raypapy(m): 8:07am On Mar 19, 2013
That is how Ibru destroyed Oceanic bank enslaved staffs.I was a staff there before we later got sacked in 2009 wit no benefits..they destroyed many families I thank God am doing well with my business now...so guys learn to be a self dependent than looking forward to get a job at bank oil companies or these airlines because it owned by theses crooked...and they gonna used u and dump u without u knw it
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by jpphilips(m): 8:11am On Mar 19, 2013
musiwa19: how was she a thief. goodluck was only victimize people..

if goodluck had destroy their business what did goodluck expect.. this is why we need to leave that country.. if you had your own country, you will help her out.

you have the worst president in nigeria history. he lack knowledge to lead a country.. look, he has destroy nearly all area of nigeria. aero contractor.. o my God, goodluck govt most really be very very bad.

you see before the all problem i warn you people.. when you see on coming problem you react. it is not by prayer... it is about doing the right thing. goodluck have destroy everything nigeria. i have said return back to pre independent.. before this. that way you dont have problem.. that way, they can fix their problem in the north before all of this..

i once live in the north, so i know how they react to thing, they are nor believe, dont expect them to value human life.. this why why to save human life.. i said just remove us.. you see if we had done that.. you would save what ever adenuga and other had, even oceanic bank etc would still be alive.. at least they would be running within their own area.. that why i said at that time go for benin republic at that time.. you will not have ben feeling the effect like you feel now.. just a little effect.. but you people did not listen to me..

if you had gone for pre independent.. they will be dealing with their problem.

wanking and typing doesnt help

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by ajayioluwatobi(m): 8:12am On Mar 19, 2013
Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by chemashie(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2013
mactoni91: atleast, it would create Jobs for our Unemployed graduates...
Kudos tew AERO CONTRACTOR jare...
# u neva knw d value of wat u ve until u lose it #
dem dey complain of low pay wen many graduates dey even find jobs wey go pay dem even if na 20k/month
Never worry, just pray what happened to them will happen to your family members and that would create jobs for others.

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) by SHABZ: 8:20am On Mar 19, 2013
cr7lomo.:
A brand new 2010 boeing airline goes for 13 billion naira only, y cnt jonathan tk care of d industry easily. He can approve 260 billion 4 20 flights nd these flihghts can b as cheap as 6k , just 2 mk it easy 4 us. But dey r so wicked dat dey dnt want d poor ard dem. Dats y d power sector wud neva b stable. Wicked government. Dat man sudnt b elected again
260 billion Hw much is our budget that u want such a huge fund to b invested in buying aircrafts... Not to even mention operational,administrative and maintenance costs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) / Why Most Men Do Not Want Their Wives To Work / Moving To Lagos From Kogi For Greener Pastures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.