Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

reverend-shares-church-with-muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / reverend-shares-church-with-muslims (1065 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

reverend-shares-church-with-muslims by sharpboyus(m): 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4848081/Reverend-shares-church-with-Muslims.html

A CHRISTIAN church has surprised its flock by becoming the first in the UK to welcome MUSLIMS.
St John’s Episcopal Church in Aberdeen now opens its doors to hundreds of Islam worshippers five times a day, as their own mosque was so small they had been forced to pray outside.
Although not unheard of in America, it is thought to be the first time this has ever happened in the UK.
A spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain said: “I’ve never heard of this before, of any other case where active churches are also used as mosques.”

Gimme shelter ... St John’s Episcopal Church in Aberdeen
SWNS
Rev Isaac Poobalan, 50, struck the deal with his opposite number, Chief Imam Ahmed Megharbi when he saw him conducting prayers in the rain outside.
Rev Poobalan said: “Praying is never wrong. My job is to encourage people to pray.
“The mosque was so full at times, there would be people outside in the wind and rain praying.
“I knew I couldn’t just let this happen — because I would be abandoning what the Bible teaches us about how we should treat our neighbours.
“They took us up on the offer and it has been a positive relationship.”

Worship pals ... from left, Abdul Kalam, Sheikh Amed Magghabri and Rev Isaac Poobalan
SWNS
Chief Imam Megharbi added: “What happens here is special and there should be no problem repeating this across the country.
“The relationship is friendly and respectful.”
The Bishop of Aberdeen and Orkney — The Right Rev Dr Robert Gillies — went even further, saying he believes they could cause “shock waves around the world”.
He said: “It would be good to think we can change the world.
“Most of us most of the time feel we can’t so don’t bother.
“But sometimes, someone has a vision we can do something of global significance on a local scale.
“This is what is happening between St John’s and the mosque in its grounds."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4848081/Reverend-shares-church-with-Muslims.html#ixzz2NurJx9WF
Re: reverend-shares-church-with-muslims by martinseme: 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
This act by the reverend to the non discerning mind may appear acceptable and humane but to the spiritual minded it is the worst act of evil to have been perpetrated by a man who has abandoned his divine responsibility to lead souls to christ but instead he chooses to mislead them to eternal damnation and he is sure to be held accountable for each lost soul who prays to satan in that church which he had desecrated by such abominable conduct. Light and darkness has no place one must overcome the weaker.
Re: reverend-shares-church-with-muslims by seyibrown(f): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
On the surface, the Bishop's act appears to be that of love. Any Mosque in the world that allows Xtians use the Mosque for worshipping God? I will be very surprised if there is one!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Says No To Women Wearing Weaves In Church / Pictures From The 21st Prophets Anniversary Of Celica Church Of Christ Worldwide / What If There Is No God And Heaven And Hell Is Just An Illusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.