Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (23218 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Youngzedd(m): 7:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Good morning and happy Sunday to all.

I have been wondering going to church with my tablet instead of physical bible. Although I haven't tried it for once.

Now, I wanted to ask if Physical bible and bible in tablet equals the same, as in powers and miracles?

Your contribution pls.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by santakris(m): 7:38am On Aug 18, 2013
I also subscribe to this. It seems our people are getting it wrong.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by PrinceIkye: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2013
What u need is The word of God.i think de best way to carry it is by hrt afteall we r instructed to meditate it day n night.

11 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Bro, are you talking of the same tablet that has over 200 bluefilms??

Well, the devil is not scared of your phone or table or laptop but the physical Bible is fire to his eyes.

Though, no matter where you read your Bible from if you don't work according to it's instructions its useless!!

52 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by engrtee(f): 8:27am On Aug 18, 2013
In the early days, no paper, scripture was passed orally.then paper was invented,scripture was written down and binded like a book called bible. That is advancement of technology.

10 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2013
My pastor says that your knowledge of the bible is what matters and scared the devil not the platform. You have to know the world and apply it properly.

4 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Bro, are you talking of the same tablet that has over 200 bluefilms??

Well, the devil is not scared of your phone or table or laptop but the physical Bible is fire to his eyes.

Though, no matter where you read your Bible from if you don't work according to it's instructions its useless!!
GBAM

3 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by charlsecy4(m): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by jmoore(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2013
It is the word that matters and not the container.

Remember that the ten commandments was originally written on stone tablets and not in a book.

If you think that you can cast out demons because of the physical copy then be ready to receive the kind of beating the seven sons of Sceva got.

11 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Judas2013: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2013
Youngzedd: Good morning and happy Sunday to all.

I have been wondering going to church with my tablet instead of physical bible. Although I haven't tried it for once.

Now, I wanted to ask if Physical bible and bible in tablet equals the same, as in powers and miracles?

Your contribution pls.

Either way you are still a slave. Cant you spend the day with your family or do something positive.

9 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
The scriptures is Holy. Holy means separate, the more separate the better. i'd rather have holy bible. It's not a sin to have it on your gadget or take it to church by the way. But the way yu dress is the way you will be addressed. God sees the heart, the motive, the worship and the reverence. God is not mocked, Esau and David cannot score the same even though they are both chilfdren of Abraham

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by UyiIredia(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: GBAM

No. Before physical Bibles what was used ? Even if tablets contained p*rn, the mouth that confesses the Word spills insults and heresies and the hand that holds the Bible w*ncks amongst other sins.

8 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No. Before physical Bibles what was used ? Even if tablets contained p*rn, the mouth that confesses the Word spills insults and heresies and the hand that holds the Bible w*ncks amongst other sins.
ur point exactly?

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
jmoore: It is the word that matters and not the container.

Remember that the ten commandments was originally written on stone tablets and not in a book
Gbam
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by UyiIredia(m): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Babiloko: ur point exactly?

. . . is made and lost on someone who can't write a decent profile signature.

15 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Joagbaje(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Youngzedd:
I have been wondering going to church with my tablet instead of physical bible. Although I haven't tried it for once..

It's a matter of choice. Paper bible and electronic bible , all of them are product of technology

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's a matter of choice. Paper bible and electronic bible , all of them are product of technology

sorry Jo, it is this kind of loose thinking that Cain had, then he got upset when his brother was deemed more excellent. We ought to prefer others instead of forcing others to accept our thinking and lifestyle. If have not considered the impact on his fellow worshippers, his purpose,his reason and his aim. All na sacrifice, all na worship will not be enough.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Image123(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
double post
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Since this year i've only used my tablet in church

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by bigx(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
I use my tablet always, almost 3 years now, faster, more bible versions, can make voice recordings, Nothing wrong there,
We move with the times else we would be taking scrolls or stone tablets (10 commandments type) to church till now

10 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2013

Yes, big difference:
Going with a Bible guarantees you a first-class ticket to heaven, all expenses paid. Irrespective of whether you just räpèð a 5-year old virgin before coming.
Going with a Tablet, on the other hand, means you are a devil-worshipper that came to distract the populace, and guarantees you a one-way ticket to the inner circles of fiery damnation.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by elrony(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yess!!!

Here's the difference;
You went to the church with a tablet!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by segzicres(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
I agree with technologynadvancement tho. Tablets even record the sermon and you also get to save money on buying cds too. I think its a great addittion ;-)
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
depends on what kind of tablet. if its an extasy pill, thats a no no. but if it is paracetamol for the headache acquired from listening to the pastor talk about tithes for hours ? then thats a good tablet

12 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Olumidzti(m): 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yes there's a difference. Physical bible is hardcopy while tablet is soft copy. Also on a tablet, while reading Songs of Solomon, you could get a notification about how your girlfriend just changed her relationship from 'in a relationship' to 'single' on facebook...

20 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LEXYCOM: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
Have seen fire accident dat the only surviving book was the physical bible, but have never seen a fire outbreak that left the tablet on burnt....so the two cannot be compare.....

6 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
For that one day of the week Bro, take pride and carry a regular bible.

For studying the word other times then use your smart device.

12 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Sunglow: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
[quote

author=bigx]I use my tablet always, almost 3 years now, faster, more
bible versions, can make voice recordings, Nothing wrong there,
We move with the times else we would be taking scrolls or stone tablets
(10 commandments type) to church till now[/quote].You are so on
point!God isnt adverse to sci&technology.Like my pst will always say
d internet is going to play a MAJOR ROLE in d preaching of d gospel dis
last days.Gods children need to take advantage of it 4 d spread of d gospel.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by OAM4JisGay: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's better you go with a slate like in the days of Moses.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ajasa4link: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
no matter the version of Bible in ur iPad,u can never use it to cast out the devil

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Budget Parts Of Your Offerings To Feed Poor, Unemployed– Kumuyi tells Christians / A Wealthy Man Visited My Office With Snake Juju For Prayer - Dr. Olukoya / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.