Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread - Phones (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread (249229 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Q1 Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by blairbrook(f): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Bbm workin fine on my q1
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by nani667: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
blairbrook: Bbm workin fine on my q1
share your pin let's ping smiley mail Mme your pin → shisui_san@ymail.com
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by basugar441(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
tunet: bro i juz flash cwm into my q1,hw do i backup the phone now
enter recovery mode with vol up + power key and u wud c backup and restore. select using power key and select backup with power key. datz all
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by mrgbenga1: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
Tecno Q1 comes with 1GHz single core Processor or 1GHz Dual core processor
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by martinho5(m): 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
IF YOU ARE IN OR AROUND PORT HARCOURT AND YOU WANT TO ROOT OR RESTORE YOUR BRICKED PHONE.... REACH ME ON WHATSAPP OR CALL 08025038375

1 Like

Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by fxproff(m): 4:28am On Oct 23, 2013
nani.666:
share your pin let's ping smiley mail Mme your pin → shisui_san@ymail.com

hello friend, i sent u an email pls check, i been trying to install bbm using opera browser to access the google play store link with the install botton but seems opera is not working on q1, would let me know which browser u use installing urs.?
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by ibkonis(m): 9:22am On Oct 23, 2013
Cn i view d bbm app in landscape view??
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by georgiobob: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Exactly what I A?m facing, bbm is not sleek on q1 as it appears in potrait mode, any solution to this?
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
georgiobob: Exactly what I A?m facing, bbm is not sleek on q1 as it appears in potrait mode, any solution to this?

For now,no solution o
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
blairbrook: Bbm workin fine on my q1

Here's ma pin: 74123E5B ....let's rub minds wink
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Can someone pls gv me d site to download bbm on my q1 cos i dnt trust some of d sites gvn
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by kaycito: 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mcbussy:

Here's ma pin: 74123E5B ....let's rub minds wink
you all are downloading fake BBM app, the official BBM isnt avaliable for Nigeria yet till friday.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by chimzyblack(m): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
PINGING LORI Q1.....THE ONLY F UP IS DAT IT APPEARS IN POTRAIT MODE!!!! ASAP!!!! lets ping together 7C03F2BB
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by demex24(m): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
Guyz letz try to create a BBM Q1 group.........
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by chimzyblack(m): 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Kusville: Can someone pls gv me d site to download bbm on my q1 cos i dnt trust some of d sites gvn
u can start downloading bbm on ur q1 oya take dis direct link https:///RE0Adov1

1 Like

Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
kaycito:
you all are downloading fake BBM app, the official BBM isnt avaliable for Nigeria yet till friday.

See dis man....u are a relic of a lost age.have you been on this planet?...lol

For your information, 1.) Blackberry has disabled the unofficial app,which means it won't work even if you install it. 2.) BBM is available for Samsung in Nigeria. Samsung paid blackberry to restrict the app all round Africa to only their devices for the 1st 3 days after release; "Marketing things". 3.) The bbm apk files we installed were originally uploaded online by user that were able to download it; probably those outside Africa or those within Africa that use samsung devices.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by fxproff(m): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mcbussy:

See dis man....u are a relic of a lost age.have you been on this planet?...lol

For your information, 1.) Blackberry has disabled the unofficial app,which means it won't work even if you install it. 2.) BBM is available for Samsung in Nigeria. Samsung paid blackberry to restrict the app all round Africa to only their devices for the 1st 3 days after release; "Marketing things". 3.) The bbm apk files we installed were originally uploaded online by user that were able to download it; probably those outside Africa or those within Africa that use samsung devices.

hmmm i thought as much i used opera to download from the google playstore link and when i click install all it does it to load and noting comes up to download..
please can we have the link to the apk or is CHIMZY link the valid one? pls let us have it b4 they close that link down.

also pls i will like to know for those of u that have been using Q1 for some times now, mine is still new so i am fresh iin it... all the network if i slot their sim in it do i ve to manually configure them to use their wap? bcause i put glo and trying to download some app its not downloading but it browse well... can someone enlighten me on this plsss....
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by tunet(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
basugar441: enter recovery mode with vol up + power key and u wud c backup and restore. select using power key and select backup with power key. datz all
tnks brov
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Xavihenry: 5:54am On Oct 24, 2013
Plz guyz whats d main price now for Q1? The fone tz cool on qamez..i just played qrandtheft auto 4..n i cant wait to qet d fone.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by georgiobob: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2013
here is d solution to lock ur bbm to landscape
download
www.mrcrab.net/download/8010/Rotate_Screen_Orientation_v1.0_Android_Apk.html
lock it to landscape and u are gud to go

1 Like

Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by ben4sixco: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2013
georgiobob: here is d solution to lock ur bbm to landscape
download
ma bbm stops workin wen i clik contact
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 8:43am On Oct 24, 2013
fxproff:

hmmm i thought as much i used opera to download from the google playstore link and when i click install all it does it to load and noting comes up to download..
please can we have the link to the apk or is CHIMZY link the valid one? pls let us have it b4 they close that link down.

also pls i will like to know for those of u that have been using Q1 for some times now, mine is still new so i am fresh iin it... all the network if i slot their sim in it do i ve to manually configure them to use their wap? bcause i put glo and trying to download some app its not downloading but it browse well... can someone enlighten me on this plsss....

Try the 1st link on the 1st page to download the bbm APK file....then about the playstore error,I'm sure its your network.playstore consumes high data,so it won't synchronise well if your network is slow.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by fxproff(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2013
Xavihenry: Plz guyz whats d main price now for Q1? The fone tz cool on qamez..i just played qrandtheft auto 4..n i cant wait to qet d fone.

got my few days ago, in SLot ikj its not available but D1 is. in other shops its N18k as its totally not available so few that got it push the price up, but if u can find microstation whole sales store u will get is N16500 while normal microstation shops sell it N16900-17k
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2013
georgiobob: here is d solution to lock ur bbm to landscape
download

Good 1,and it works perfectly....you guys see why android is cool? cheesy ...there's an app for everything.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by fxproff(m): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2013
Mcbussy:

Try the 1st link on the 1st page to download the bbm APK file....then about the playstore error,I'm sure its your network.playstore consumes high data,so it won't synchronise well if your network is slow.

hi mcbussy
thanks for ur response, i got the apk from chuzzy link tho yet to install it to the fone proper but the issue i m having now is getting my sims to browse as i was told tecno need manual config to browse with them, my glo is no more browsing and i was required to take it to their engineer for manual config, i havent tried sloting in my mtn,airtel or etisalat but when i called them, they said they required manual setting too...
could u please let me know how i m going to go about the manual setting on any of the network u know pls........
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2013
fxproff:

hi mcbussy
thanks for ur response, i got the apk from chuzzy link tho yet to install it to the fone proper but the issue i m having now is getting my sims to browse as i was told tecno need manual config to browse with them, my glo is no more browsing and i was required to take it to their engineer for manual config, i havent tried sloting in my mtn,airtel or etisalat but when i called them, they said they required manual setting too...
could u please let me know how i m going to go about the manual setting on any of the network u know pls........

Ma guy,that's a very big lie

1.) Most of those customer care reps are incompetent and don't know what they're saying.most of them are not even tech savy,they just took the job because they can't find other jobs...lol

2.) The normal Tecno myt need manual config but not android tecno phones...I have never manually configured my Q1 since I bought it,except when I was using blackberry apn with droidvpn.

3.) I have used all the networks in Nigeria on my Q1 and I have never manually configured any 1.

4.) I'm sure you are using that Glo bounce,that plan is a scam. I have used it before and it browses and stops at will.the best network I can guarantee will atleast browse no matter where you are is MTN,and u don't need manual configuration for that either. Just insert your sim,subscribe to a data plan and make sure you switch on the data on that sim.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by fxproff(m): 9:44am On Oct 24, 2013
Mcbussy:

Ma guy,that's a very big lie

1.) Most of those customer care reps are incompetent and don't know what they're saying.most of them are not even tech savy,they just took the job because they can't find other jobs...lol

2.) The normal Tecno myt need manual config but not android tecno phones...I have never manually configured my Q1 since I bought it,except when I was using blackberry apn with droidvpn.

3.) I have used all the networks in Nigeria on my Q1 and I have never manually configured any 1.

4.) I'm sure you are using that Glo bounce,that plan is a scam. I have used it before and it browses and stops at will.the best network I can guarantee will atleast browse no matter where you are is MTN,and u don't need manual configuration for that either. Just insert your sim,subscribe to a data plan and make sure you switch on the data on that sim.

hahah u are very right ooo, i think its bounce which gives 5Mb per recharge.... but when i called mtn they said the tecno require manual config, and also u are very right those customer rep are not tech knowledgeable ...if not for the way pc as been so much most might not be able to operate it self....lol... i think i will ignore the glo then and use my mtn or others..... and i hope removing the sim constantly will not affect the setting ....
thanks man!
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by bodee(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2013
OCTAVO:  

General Information

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
4G No
SIM Dual Mini SIM card
Status Unannounced

Body

Dimensions 115 x 67 x 11.3 mm
Keyboard Complete Qwerty keyboard

Display

Type HVGA LCD with 256,000 colors.
Size 320×240 pixels, 2.5 inches

Audio

Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes

Memory And OS

Card slot MicroSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB
OS Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
CPU 1 GHz Single-core
RAM 512 MB

Connectivity

GPRS Up to 85.6 kbps
EDGE Up to 236.8 kbps
HSPDA Up to 3.2 mbps
HSUPA Up to 5.1 mbps
LTE No
WIFI Yes
Bluetooth Yes
USB microUSB v2.0

Camera

Primary 5 MP, VGA camera with LED flash
Video Yes
Secondary 0.3 MP

Battery

Capacity Li-Ion 1750 mAH battery
Stand-by Up to 250 h/ Up to 230 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 14 h (2G)/ Up to 13 h (3G)
Music play Up to 55 h

Other Features

Sensors G-sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
Browser HTML
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java No
Colors White, Black
- FM Radio
- Sound recorder
- Audio/video player/editor
- Notepad
- Document viewer
- Image viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/command
- Predictive text input

http://bestmobs.com/tecno-q1-specifications-and-features/

Sir,
I guess you are using air tel for browsing.Pls how do one go about the bb subscription on android.Thanks
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by bode15: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2013
OCTAVO:  

General Information

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
4G No
SIM Dual Mini SIM card
Status Unannounced

Body

Dimensions 115 x 67 x 11.3 mm
Keyboard Complete Qwerty keyboard

Display

Type HVGA LCD with 256,000 colors.
Size 320×240 pixels, 2.5 inches

Audio

Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes

Memory And OS

Card slot MicroSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB
OS Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
CPU 1 GHz Single-core
RAM 512 MB

Connectivity

GPRS Up to 85.6 kbps
EDGE Up to 236.8 kbps
HSPDA Up to 3.2 mbps
HSUPA Up to 5.1 mbps
LTE No
WIFI Yes
Bluetooth Yes
USB microUSB v2.0

Camera

Primary 5 MP, VGA camera with LED flash
Video Yes
Secondary 0.3 MP

Battery

Capacity Li-Ion 1750 mAH battery
Stand-by Up to 250 h/ Up to 230 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 14 h (2G)/ Up to 13 h (3G)
Music play Up to 55 h

Other Features

Sensors G-sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
Browser HTML
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java No
Colors White, Black
- FM Radio
- Sound recorder
- Audio/video player/editor
- Notepad
- Document viewer
- Image viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/command
- Predictive text input

http://bestmobs.com/tecno-q1-specifications-and-features/
Sir,I have opened a new nairaland account due to email issues.Pls I really need the code.Thanks in advance.
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by Mcbussy(m): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2013
bodee:

Sir,
I guess you are using air tel for browsing.Pls how do one go about the bb subscription on android.Thanks

Load #1,200 and send BSM to 440...that's all.then you start browsing after you get the confirmation message.I pray airtel is good in your area.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by bode15: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Mcbussy:

Load #1,200 and send BSM to 440...that's all.then you start browsing after you get the confirmation message.I pray airtel is good in your area.

Thanks so much,pls the daily or weekly plan works as well and pls if yes the code
Re: Tecno Q1 Discussion Thread by fxproff(m): 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
just installed the bbm apk and its telling me to put my email and i did which then said they are holding my place till i get an email from them and i have nt gotten any email ....is it gonna work sending me email or there is a way around it...

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (76) (Reply)

Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now / Tecno P3 Discussion Thread / Modern Combat 5: Blackout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.