Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? (3118 Views)

Dreamweaver 8 Extension Free Or Buy / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Downloadable Dreamweaver 8 Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by gibby(m): 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2008
Today on the web,the look and feel of websites on the web is really challenging for webmasters in that we have to know about virtually all the good web designing softwares to make things easier for ourselfs,
but so far has there been any software better than dreamweaver 8?

mean while i have a problem in creating sitemap which i was told dreamweaver cant do is there any suggestion on how to do it?    [flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by my2cents(m): 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2008
no offense gibby but I think in the time it is taking you to wait for a response, you could be on your way to manually creating 3 or 4 of the same sitemaps.

Even if you were too lazy to do it yourself or have say, 1,000 pages, there are tools online that can generate the site maps for you. Besides, if your concern is SEO, you don't even have to create a sitemap technically - go to xml-sitemaps.com, generate an xml sitemap, then go to google sitemaps, register your site and upload your xml sitemap, follow directions so that google can find the sitemap and bingo! you are good to go.

I hope this helps.
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by Cactus(m): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2008
Majority of the time that I use dreamweaver, I am working on the code view. So I could as well say notepad rocks just as much if you work most of the time typing up the code.
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by prodgalson: 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2008
A very good friend of mine has a wonderful online tool for creating site maps.
check it here:
http://www.writemaps.com/
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by ebot: 11:01pm On Mar 27, 2008
If you code your web application with php, try using phpdesigner. Take it from me its better than dreamweaver.
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by naijafan(m): 11:56pm On Mar 27, 2008
Cactus:

Majority of the time that I use dreamweaver, I am working on the code view. So I could as well say notepad rocks just as much if you work most of the time typing up the code.
OFF TOPIC angry Like your Notepad has color coding right angry
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by smartsoft(m): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2008
i don't understand what the heck you guys are yarning here, what software is beta out there, not what colour code or notepad or whatever
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by Cactus(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2008
naijafan:

OFF TOPIC angry Like your Notepad has color coding right angry

Does color coding improve your proficiency at writing codes? Color coding is just an indication of code blocks. If you are comfortable enough to write good codes, understand what you are doing. i dont see any problem with someone using something as simple and as basic as notepad.

I guess it all depends on the person
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by blacksta(m): 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2008
I use an opensource called nvu and for graphics design I use inkscape well recommended
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by naijafan(m): 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2008
smartsoft:

i don't understand what the heck you guys are yarning here,  what software is beta out there,  not what colour code or notepad or whatever

I was only pointing to cactus that his post was offtopic. Better IDEs, not taking us back to Notepad. Since the poster would definitely have a text editor of some sort on his computer

Cactus:

Does color coding improve your proficiency at writing codes? Color coding is just an indication of code blocks. If you are comfortable enough to write good codes, understand what you are doing. i don't see any problem with someone using something as simple and as basic as notepad.

I guess it all depends on the person

Dude, this thread is about the IDE. . . not about Cactus can code in Notepad. OK?

plus color coding might not necessarily improve your proficiency. but it definetely improves your efficiency.

if it didnt, companies wont be in the IDE business.
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by DualCore1: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2008
Cactus:

not trynna mod this place but this is off-topic and misleading.
i really do hope u are no telling us to push aside the integrated develpment environments (IDEs) for notepad?

let me go offtopic a lil' here and take u up on ur words.
notepad rockz?
whatever happened to other pads like notepad++ ?
if u're of the notion that hardcoding is professional, u're wrong.
how on earth will ur notepad theory support RAD.
then again, i would take it tht due to preference (and level of exposure), notepad rockz for u. but lets not make it look like its an answer to the topic of the thread.
Cheers.
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by Cactus(m): 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2008
In the first post, you did not mention IDE,

Dreamweaver = Software/application
Notepad = application

No specification as to IDE.
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by mambenanje(m): 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2008
Today on the web,the look and feel of websites on the web is really challenging for webmasters in that we have to know about virtually all the good web designing softwares to make things easier for ourselfs,
but so far has there been any software better than dreamweaver 8?

why is everybody arguing in the forum wink
well the poster wants to know if there is a better web designing utility out there better than dreamweaver 8. and I was thinking guys will come and post MS front page or google page creator and give reasons why they are better or something like php designer for those who design dynamic pages.

I must say as far as web site designing or XHTML and css is concerned Dreamweaver 8 is the best in the industry till something comes up from the Microsoft Expression Camp.
But if you are working with php and html more then consider phpdesigner http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php and it will make you code php and feel its java on eclipse
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by naijafan(m): 11:09am On Mar 30, 2008
Cactus:

In the first post, you did not mention IDE,

Dreamweaver = Software/application
Notepad = application

No specification as to IDE.

LOLz. So Notepad is the answer to the poster's question grin

mambenanje:

I must say as far as web site designing or XHTML and css is concerned Dreamweaver 8 is the best in the industry till something comes up from the Microsoft Expression Camp.
As far as multi-technology support is concerned, Dreamweaver 8 is a one stop shop. Plus Microsoft Expression Web is better when it comes to CSS. THe only problem is that you're tied to ASP and the likes. With Dreamweaver, you have your styling plus scripting done efficiently (not talking about those generated codes for db interaction o!)
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by my2cents(m): 11:22am On Mar 30, 2008
DISCLAIMER: I am old school and use HomeSite but having said that, am open to change cool

From talking with various developers, it appears DW in general is the de facto IDE with respect to web development. One turn-off to me, which the same developers I have talked to agree with me on, is that there is a tendency for DW to output bloated code. This is more often than not the result of an inexperienced developer who doesn't know how to use DW efficiently. Herein lies my general dislike for DW.

From outputting JS and CSS inline to the use and abuse of tables, I have in the past brushed aside DW. I have seen it used in code view and have been wondering why many developers don't use it. I wonder if it is due to in ability or plain laziness.

So again, DW appears to be the de facto standard and won't get any arguments from me in that regard. Having said that, until I see more and more sites use it in an efficient manner, I probably won't jump ship just yet.

If you are wondering why I am not the "sinner to cast the first stone", well trust me, I have tried - as I have told many on here, I bought a DW MX book back in 2002 which I found stashed in my bookshelf about a month ago: Never opened, with the receipt in tact. At least I bought a book, granted it's now 5 years old, which is a start. Who knows? I might just go buy another book wink Hey! I least I have DW MX 2004 installed on my PC (though I have never used it) which is probably a good start cool
Re: Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ? by Stanozcom(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2008
No Web-design app's better than dear ol' DW! Chikena!
cool

(1) (Reply)

Use Atm Card To Purchase Online Without Card Pin (help Pls) / Semalt: A Guide For Beginners On How To Install Wordpress Plugin / Why Is Nigerian Hackers Not Hacking Very Well Or Are They Not Real Hackers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.