Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo (10381 Views)

Former Footballer Rafiu Salami Is Dead (Photo) / WWF Wrestler Hulk Hogan In Ladipo Mushin Lagos (pics) / Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by joseph1013: 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
President of the Nigeria Football and other Sports Supporters Club (NFSSC), Dr Rafiu Ladipo, has refuted suggestions that the body’s wish, to acquire a Private Jet,is a ‘misplaced priority.’

Ladipo said that enormous money spent is being on its members for flight tickets to go and cheer the national teams during their international engagements, which informed the idea of acquiring a Private Jet.

On most occasions the Supporters club, have to join the Nigerian Football Federation’s delegation, to go and cheer the various national teams; sometimes arriving late at some of the competitions.

But Ladipo is of the opinion that getting a private Jet, would help them cut cost, and the huge amount they spend on tickets could be diverted into getting their own Jet.

“The supporters club is an outfit that travels all the time with the country’s national teams, and you can imagine a situation where about 300 members are travelling for a competition,” Ladipo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

“It involves a lot of money when we embark on such trips 20 to 30 times in a year, so we thought it wise to lease a plane that will be on ground to be taking us on our various trips.”

“We are not just going to keep it there for only our trips, because we are aware of other expenses like the parking charges and so on,” he added.

“If we are able to get it, we will equally use it to carry passengers; it is only when we need it that we will demand for it to take us on our trips,’’ he said.

Is getting a Private Jet, what the Supporters club really needs?

Source: http://www.allsports.com.ng/2013/03/16/nigerias-supporters-club-plans-to-acquire-a-private-jet-rafiu-ladipo/
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by magaliyu(f): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
See what our clergy men have caused.now the boys want to compete with the men in globe trotting.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
Make them buy, even me self wan buy
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by bigfat04(m): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=15pt]WAT IS THIS THING ABOUT PRIVATE JET SEF ...[/size]
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by simmydebadest(m): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
I will nt call name, but pls tell dat pastor 2 give de supporters 1 out of de 4 private jet

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by killuminati(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
3rd
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by supaeagles(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
If dem buy this aeroplane make dem no use the same mechanic that DANA was using oh! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by pomporiking: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
If by mistake una buy the jet..amma support naija full time
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by gen2briz(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
Make dem go ahead..... No be them fault
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
If you can afford a Jet, buy the Jet. Jet was made for ease of transportation. Life is too short. Whoever is not happy with ownership of Jet can embrace poverty for ever.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2013
Now I'm interested in joining though I'm not a football fan.grin
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by okerelawrence(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
Is dis news true? Naija.
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by DJDOLA(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
i beg how i go join d supporter club self
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
supaeagles: If dem buy this aeroplane make dem no use the same mechanic that DANA was using oh! cheesy
lol!
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by mosho2good: 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
I don't need a private because I hav clark kent ability to fly
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Jibwillz: 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Is it d said ovr 300pple dt'll board jes 1 sinqle jet or thy planin 2 acquire mre thn 1

Odikwa lappin & standin inside ooo... shocked
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Super1759: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
I even want to buy one sef...please where dem deh sell am?
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by jhydebaba(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
I tot FG banned the purchase of private Jet. undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by bobbyL(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Naija sha
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by bobbyL(m): 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
The pervading craze for private jets is now affecting the supporters club as well. What happened to chartered flights. I understand Mr Ladipo's point but I am virtually certain that the no of matches played by our national teams in a year is not too large. It isn't necessary, with the level of financial mismanagement in Naija.
BTW where is the money coming from?
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by jhydebaba(m): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Super1759: I even want to buy one sef...please where dem deh sell am?
market no dey ur area

Mu
mu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
DJDOLA: i beg how i go join d supporter club self
don't be surprised if someone start selling the club's registration form lmao!
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
DJDOLA: i beg how i go join d supporter club self
don't be surprised if someone starts selling the club's registration form lmao!
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by kabba7(m): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hello someone is lying what type of tournamen do Ladipo and his group go to 20 or 30 times a year.
Why do Nigerians lie so much if supporter should own a jet won't the players use that as reason to blackmail dundee Jona to buy for them too?
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by ogathetop3: 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Not a bad idea. I think keshi should have one too. smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Kairoseki77: 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
A private jet costs $40 million and up.

A plane ticket costs MAXIMUM of $3,000 anywhere on the planet.

Let's do the math.

13,333 plane tickets (at $3000 per ticket) could be bought for the price of one $40 million dollar private jet.

A 40 million private jet can only fly with about 20 people in it. Just so you know - those big planes you fly internationally on cost $300 million and up.

20 people sharing 13,333 plane tickets is 666 flights each.

If those 20 people make more than 666 flights (at the maximum rate of $3,000 per ticket), then it would make sense to buy a private plane.

Lamido said they only make 20 - 30 trips per year. If they make 30 trips (60 flights round trip), then the plane would take 10 YEARS to pay itself off. Let's also remember that 90% of plane tickets are les than $3000, so in reality in would take about 20 years for the plane to pay for itself.

Planes also cost money in the form of fuel, landing fees, maintenance, pilot salary, flight attendant salary, etc. This costs about 1 million a year.

[size=20pt]This means the plane will NEVER pay for itself. It will always be cheaper for the supporters club to fly by themselves, even if they paid $5,000 for each ticket.[/size]

You decide.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by tommykiwi(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
THEM HAMMER FOR NATION CUP NA
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Dee60: 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Why not? After all, we have 'father Christmas' government there today!

I really laugh at our country. We display so much insanity and we do it with dignified arrogance! Very silly idea indeed.
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by bobbyL(m): 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
Billyonaire: If you can afford a Jet, buy the Jet. Jet was made for ease of transportation.
There are two examples of such peeps. Da bull (don't know his present status accurately) and Mike Adenuga. I don't think it wise that the former did what he didn't need to do, the latter is understandable.
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Dee60: 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
Michaeljones36: A private jet costs $40 million and up.

A plane ticket costs MAXIMUM of $3,000 anywhere on the planet.

Let's do the math.

13,333 plane tickets (at $3000 per ticket) could be bought for the price of one $40 million dollar private jet.

A 40 million private jet can only fly with about 20 people in it. Just so you know - those big planes you fly internationally on cost $300 million and up.

20 people sharing 13,333 plane tickets is 666 flights each.

If those 20 people make more than 666 flights (at the maximum rate of $3,000 per ticket), then it would make sense to buy a private plane.

You decide.

You missed out several things. Fuelling, parking, A,B,C and D checks, taxes, pilots and crew. The fans club is probably waking up from a midday nightmare to have conjured that idea.
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Dee60: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
oga@thetop1:
Not a bad idea. I think keshi should have one too. smiley

You left out MBA for scoring the winning goal. They need at least 3 private jets!
Re: Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Can inspiredm or phemmy pre-order a privet for me? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atletico Madrid Interested In €25m Rated Onuachu / 1001% Sure Daily 2+ Odds / Based On Recent Form, Name Your Arsenal And Man Utd Combined 11 With Formation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.