Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,335 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Motion For A Year Of Silence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Motion For A Year Of Silence. (442 Views)

3 British Parliamentarians Move New Motion For Biafra Independence / Conduct A Referendum Now!!! British Mps Moved Motion For Biafra Independence / Who Moved The Motion For Nigeria,s Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motion For A Year Of Silence. by Totfulguy: 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have recently meditated deeper and pondered on the state of the Nigerian nation. My appraisal is in retrospect and I can with all modesty assume that if my submission on the way forward is not taken into serious consideration, this nation will continue its gradual and steady decline into decay and oblivion. And will be fit for nothing but re-colonization and occupation by a new "colonial master" (the previous one saw us where we are). Our over twelve years of Democratic ramble has resulted in nothing but motion without movement. Our nation has witnessed consistent decay instead of progress. Nigeria as a nation can rightly be said to be home to some of the best brains the world has ever produced. But our intellectuals have more or less been locked up and shut away in hopeless Island of misrule by a crop of scumbags who are not fit to shine our shoes but nonetheless rule us all.

The years of democratic mis-experiment has resulted in the worst deal for the average Nigerian and all Nigerian. Our need for re-colonization becomes all the more pertinent as illustrated in the fact that the further we are away from the years of colonization, the worse we are getting as a nation. This decline has not seen any intervention by any of the dispensations that have taken the reins of power. Our national assemblies have more less become a sleeping chamber for unintelligent and "dishonourable" members, and a mint for self-serving committee heads who smile to bank after a few chat and compromises over lunch with guilty criminals that are "under investigation", whose inheritance and abode should be the prison.

Nigerian has become a nation of talkers who engage in prolonged and unproductive debates over issues that require work and not talk. The national assembly exemplifies this assertion. It is clear that all we reap from the many sessions of the senate and national assembly is talk and nothing more. This unfortunately is the case in all levels of government across the political spectrum. In my assessment, these session are baseless and nothing tangible has so far come out of the talk sessions. And that is the crux of this piece...talking has not helped steer us out of the stormy and rough waters we have found ourselves. All the talking we have done has simply gone to waste as they have resulted in no positive traction for the situation this nation finds itself. I stand to be corrected...but I dare ask, what issue(s) that have been the subject of discussions and sessions in the lawmaking organs of this country proven to impact positively on the lives of Nigerians as a result of its being passed into law? PIB...PHCN...INEC...NRC...NFF? The various session of the many lawmaking organs of this country have only served the purpose of wasting the time of the Nigerian people and paying fat "sitting allowances"-(because all they do is "sit" ) to lawmakers.

It is to this end that I wish to move the motion, that since our democratic experiment has witnessed over twelve years of fruitless talking and the total waste of tax-payers money and the plunder of our commonwealth in the form of payment of fat allowances to law-makers, it is now time for Nigeria to go into a reflective mood and think introspectively and find workable answers to its multiple anomalies. Since solitude and silence provides a conducive environment for deep thinking and reflection, I hereby move the motion for a year of silence in the Nigerian nation. During this period all Local/State/National lawmaking house will be shut down. All lawmakers will join the masses in monitoring and ensuring that ALL the deliberations and sittings and their submissions of the past are carried out to the letter. For this period no bills will be passed into law (The ones they have made will be enough to go round...) This motion is both a cost and energy saving strategy that will benefit the nation in the long run as the result of the one year of meditation and quiet will result in positive revelations that will help move the nation forward.

My guess is that the nation with be better for it and we would have found renewed energy and creativity after the year of quiet to move our nation forward. For now we are a nation of talkers and not doers.

(1) (Reply)

Pardon For Alamieyeseigha / President Jonathan To Increase Fuel Price Again! / Meet Your Polical Target By Leting Your People Know Latest About Your Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.