Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

World Footballer Of The Year Fixed? Since Coach Of The Year Fixed!!!...mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Footballer Of The Year Fixed? Since Coach Of The Year Fixed!!!...mourinho (560 Views)

Lets Vote Our Asisat Oshoala Own For The Bbc Women's World Footballer / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Footballer Of The Year Fixed? Since Coach Of The Year Fixed!!!...mourinho by oluwadare26(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Mourinho hints at Coach of the Year award fix
The 50-year-old did not attend the gala to unveil the recipient of the managerial honour in January, and he has now set the record straight behind his absence
Mar 19, 2013 3:28:00 PM
Josè Mourinho - Real Madrid Jose Mourinho has attacked the voting process behind crowning the winner of the 2012 Fifa Coach of the Year prize.
The Real Madrid boss was named as one of the final three candidates for the managerial accolade in November, but intimated that he would not be attending the award ceremony, citing his side's Copa del Rey commitments.
However, in a television interview due to be aired on Tuesday, Mourinho suggestedthat the real reason for his absence was due to the irregular nature of how the votes were counted in determining the recipient of the honour.
"Do I regret not attending the [Coach of the Year] gala? No, it was the right decision," he told Record .
"They called me more than once. Two or three people said they voted for me but they appeared in another vote so I decided not to go."
Spain's Vicente del Bosque was ultimately announced as the Coach of the Year following La Roja 's Euro 2012 success.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Make 2014 CHAN Qualifiers U-turn / British Woman Dies Trying To Swim Across English Channel For Charity / What Happened To Nairaland Volunteers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.